favorite baby items that you got

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By redfishbluefish
  • 5 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 4 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By AngieLMG
  • 2 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By anjawb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
anyone want to share pics of their favorites for baby? Whether it's clothing, or gear, the room... whatever it is that you are currently in love with or excited about
I know I already shared my cloth diaper stash, but I'll share again because I'm that excited I'll take a few pics of my favorite outfits later too, and maybe my woven wrap that I'm stoked about hehe
February 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to thread jack just a moment. Can we talk woven wraps?? What is the material you have and what are you favorite wraps/holds? I used a jersey knit moby with my son before I had any other babywearing experience and I did love it for the newborn stage but then it was too hot and when he got bigger it sagged too much. I never used it again with my daughter... I'm interested in using a woven wrap with this one although I totally intend on getting much use from the Maya again too

Those are some seriously cute diapers by the way!! I'm kinda jealous of your fluff ; )
*Anya* likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM
haha thanks, I love fluff!
I didn't use a woven with my daughter, and bought it earlier in this pregnancy, I wore my nephew in it until the belly got too big. I love the support, it doesn't sag since it's not stretchy, also when he would fall asleep I could just pull one rail over his head (to keep it from bouncing around, or sunlight) so that was nice, because it's not stretchy it didn't plaster his head against me haha. It's still a lot of fabric so for very hot days probably not ideal, I mostly wore him in the fall. It's great for back carries, again because there is not stretch. The fabric is made specifically for these wraps, some wraps are still hand made! Hence the cost lol. The weave is much thicker and denser than any fabric you can find at the store.
Girasol wraps are handmade, they are from South America, I think I have a ring sling wrap conversion out of a girasol, but not sure.
All about Girasol! | PAXbaby.com

I have a Didymos which is a German wrap from germany, it's actually this one but in a lavender sort of color
Didymos Indio | PAXbaby.com

Paxbaby is a great resource for all thing baby wearing, she posts often on her facebook There is also a babywearing group swap on Facebook that is primarily woven wraps lol, I definitely recommend looking around if you are intersted. Watch some youtube videos about different carries (they are infinite! lol) but don't let it intimidate you, it's has a slight learning curve, like the moby, but is so worth it!
nameetog likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not too worried about the learning curve, I KNOW I will be wearing this baby lots with two others in tow we are on the go often so I am willing to put in the time. Thank for the info I had just started doing some research into other holds than the one I used with my son in the moby but was hoping someone had a fav site. Off to research more
*Anya* likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 03:55 PM
paxbaby! she has a lot of instructional videos on youtube too. There was another group that had a lot of instructional videos, let me try and find it for you.
nameetog likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm drooling over what you have posted so far......
*Anya* likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 03:59 PM
here is the paxmama's channel with a lot of instructionals, btw I learned form her that wearing your ring sling with the rings on your back is much more comfy than rings on the shoulder! I think she has a video about it too
PAXbaby Mom's channel - YouTube

Here is another one with a lot of good tutorials
Woven Wraps Tutorials - YouTube

p.s. wraps are as addicting as fluff!
nameetog likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My fave is the travel system
February 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
anyone want to share pics of their favorites for baby? Whether it's clothing, or gear, the room... whatever it is that you are currently in love with or excited about
I know I already shared my cloth diaper stash, but I'll share again because I'm that excited I'll take a few pics of my favorite outfits later too, and maybe my woven wrap that I'm stoked about hehe
adorable!!! So cute... I am still terrible with photos..
February 14th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran
I don't have a pic but my favorite baby item BY FAR is the nosefrida I even own two since my son got a horrible cold while we were on vacation and we went out and bought one while we were across the country. I LOVE that thing!
*Anya* likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My favorite thing(s) are some items that I have made for my little guy.

Here is the quilt that is almost done, I made this instead of buying bedding. Please excuse the lighting, it threw the color off a bit.

This is my pinterest special...my knock off muslin blankets, which are actually cotton gauze. They will be large swaddling blankets, I dyed them and the colors aren't too great, but I'm still happy about them.

Here is a stack of burp rags I made. The first is with a leftover cloth diaper, but the rest are from remaining scraps of flannel and minky fabric I had lying around. Yeah for free burp rags!

This is just a close up of one of the rags.

This is just a simple receiving blanket I made with a piece of flannel (again large) and the serger. I loved this fabric!

I have two more pieces of fabric that I will be making two more receiving blankets with. One is brown with different mustaches in white, it's really cute! I am also using the remaining strips to make more burp rags.

Sorry for the picture overload I have other items, but these are what I'm most excited about, mainly because I made them all.
jen747, *Anya*, plastikmom and 2 others like this.

Mommy to 4 boys
February 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish a had sewing talents or patience!! Those are cute cute cute burp cloths!! I like the colors of your swaddlers too.

Thank you for the links Anya!! Rings on the back?? I'm totally intrigued!! I can't wait to look into these more. Awesome

February 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I think at the moment I am just in love with everything we have! it's just been amazing that we have had family and friends who have helped us a long the way with less stress on us! We got the crib the other day setting it up this weekend, got the travel system, a bunch of different kinds of bottles, LOTS of clothes!, a high chair, a swing, a boppy, a play center thingy the baby sits in, a bouncer, I just love it all

February 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am happy dh let me get a newer ergo. I bought this cute fAbric for a baby blanket.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 14th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mel Kay that is some adorable stuff! well done

Argh I didn't' get to take any more pics, but I'll try harder tomorrow
February 14th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

We have many of the exact same diapers! We started cloth diapering with Madeline and plan on adding a bit to our stash and cd'ing with little sister too. We love it! You've got a good collection going on-nice work!!
*Anya* likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really love all the headbands ive made her!

February 15th, 2013, 07:06 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Mel, I LOVE your stuff. I wish I had even a remote talent for sewing. I am having SUCH a hard time finding exactly what I want for the baby. I will know it if, and when, I see it. I was thinking of doing a quilt or something instead of a bedding set. And I know I want polar bears. Any chance any of you ladies have seen anything that is cute, and fairly reasonably priced? I don't want to spend a fortune, and I'm kind of picky.
Mel_Kay and nameetog like this.

New picture in progress......
February 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I am still not in posession of most of our baby stuff. The friend that hosted my shower allowed me to keep all the stuff there for a while as we were rearranging our place, and are now moving!

My sister had a onesie made in memory of our dad that made me start to ball the second I opened it. It has a large thistle with a large heart in the background and very small lettering that says "Grandpa David Loves Me." My father was a bookbinder, and his bindery was the thistle bindery. so that is in the top 5.
I am not crafty at all, but one friend made us the most amazing quilt. It is exactly the colors I would have picked out if I went to the fabric store myself! There is also a blanket and matching hat that another friend knit for her, that is so sweet and soft!

My single favorite thing might be the stroller though. (I know, its over the top...)
http://uppababy.com/products/strolle...TABrochure.pdf
*Anya* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search