What's left on your to-do list?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 07:03 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't believe tomorrow is March 1st! With our due dates quickly approaching, what is still on your to-do list before baby come?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 28th, 2013, 07:15 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where do I start??

Carpet DS's new room, Paint and carpet Baby's room, set up crib, get dresser, paint change table, wash all of DS old baby clothes, put bassinet together, install car seat, buy stroller, maybe buy a carrier, pack hospital bag, buy diapers and wipes.

Some of these things can wait until after baby comes home, because he'll be sleeping in our room anyway. But it would be nice to get it all out of the way!
HalfDozen likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 07:24 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Have our baby shower still!

We also definitely need another dresser. Other than that we are pretty set I believe. Someone bought the car seat the other day off our registry so that's a huge relief and will just need to be installed.

We are still looking for a pedi though. I found one I like but it's roughly a 40 min drive there and I'm not sure about that. He's literally the only pedi who matches our parenting style though

February 28th, 2013, 07:29 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
The only thing left for me is to go get a new breastpump, pack my hospital bag & put the carseat bases into our cars. Most likely I'll pack & go get a pump next week & then we'll put in the bases around 37 weeks. Mainly I am just sitting back & waiting now
ThaiSpice likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 07:37 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pack a hospital bag, instal the car seat and make the lotions/creams/soaps for baby. My 'sprinkle' is next weekend so once I see what we get there Ill know more of what I still might need, but other than that we are pretty much ready.

February 28th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysPocket View Post
Pack a hospital bag, instal the car seat and make the lotions/creams/soaps for baby. My 'sprinkle' is next weekend so once I see what we get there Ill know more of what I still might need, but other than that we are pretty much ready.
Sprinkle.. is that just like a low-key shower?? I like it.
February 28th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran
Clear off old videos so there is room for baby video on our recorder, same thing with photos on phones and camera (I am bad at erasing stuff!). Clean out a couple drawers in dresser in guest room that is now baby room and baby dresser so I can put away rest of the blankets, pad covers, etc. Wash up some bottles and misc stuff. Make sure bag is packed and make sure car seat is installed. Change bassinet sheet since cats decided it was a good place to sleep Otherwise I think we are good.
nameetog likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananamagic View Post
Clear off old videos so there is room for baby video on our recorder, same thing with photos on phones and camera (I am bad at erasing stuff!).
That's a good one! I'm bad about that, too.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
My baby shower at work is today. Then I will do almost everything on my to do list this weekend. That includes washing the baby clothes, packing diaper bags, finishing organizing the room, and getting everything that is left on my registry.

The only thing i will have to do next week is take my car to get detailed (my DH has been using it for hauling construction materials around and so it is filthy) and put the car seat in.
ThaiSpice likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This post stresses me out to think about. Ok- paint changing table I'm making, mod podge the drawers, clean and recover the cushions on a glider I bought, clean out my son's room and paint it, I'd like to pull out the carpet and put in wood flooring, convert my son's closet to a hall closet, make baby's bedding, find my daughter's old crib, buy a mattress for it, buy baby clothes and essentials. Oh and I need to find the sheets and stuff for my bassinet. I thinks that's it.

I bought a carseat the other day for $20, so that's out of the way lol
Ugh.. I'm due in 4 weeks lord help me
February 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Install the infant seat
2. Prep diapers
3. Set up cosleeper and pack n play downstairs.
4. Clean this house from top to bottom probably 3 more times ; )
5. Pack a bag for the hospital stay
6. Chose a name

edited to add stock my freezer with meals

February 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
ummmm...everything?!?

Finishing the nursery this weekend and getting the carpet installed on Sun morning ... then hopefully SO can set up the crib, changing table & dresser so I can start organizing things!

We are looking for a closet organizer too, something where we can hang clothes on 2 racks, shelves, etc. but we're having a hard time finding something

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

February 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Lets seeee....

I need to get a few things off my registry still not much but a few things, set up the car seat it's no evn out of the box yet, set up her sleep area, I need to get a breast feeding bra and want a tank top that fits it, finish packing bag, get baby bag ready, I'm sure there is more haha

February 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh! I have so much to do but am limited on what I can. The Dr. was very strict when she told me that I must take it easy. I have my bag "almost" packed, I just need to get a few more things for it. I washed a small load of the newborn/0-3 month clothes that I had. Just need to wash blankets and burp rags so I can pack his diaper bag for the hospital. We have the carseat ready to go, just needs to be installed and I've got to get my pack 'n play from my brother and sil. My mom is bringing other baby items that I was storing at her house from our last baby things like a bouncy seat, swing, jumperoo(won't be needing that one for a while).

I am having a baby shower next Sat. that I am praying I can make it to. Really hoping my Dr. will allow me to travel the 3 hours to sit and open my gifts.

The main thing killing me is that my house needs to be cleaned! It's a never ending battle in the house, I feel terrible that I can't pick stuff up and that hubby is having to do it all. He's doing so much as it is and it makes me feel bad that I can't chip in. I did throw the baby's clothes in the wash yesterday and he immediately got onto me! He doesn't want me to end up in the hospital where I will be forced to rest, here, I know I'm supposed to but feel that it won't hurt for me to do little things here and there.

Mommy to 4 boys
February 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Hmmmmm, where to begin?? These are in no particular order:

1. Scour our bedroom and bathroom. (most important since baby will be in our room and using our bathtub)
2. Buy a new crib.
3. Get a toddler bed for my current "baby".
4. Bring up a dresser for my current "baby" to use so that the new baby can have the one in our room.
5. Wash what boy clothing we do have and the infant seat cover, as well as making sure we have burp cloths, etc.
6. Buy a double stroller.
7. Stock up on some diapers and wipes.
8. Get a baby tub.
9. Find and buy a coming home outfit.
10. Buy a new diaper bag that can hold everything required for 2 babies.
11. Pack said bag ^.
12. Pack my bag.
13. Get my office in order for the person that is taking over during my leave.
14. Train said person ^.
15. Get 2 new tires on my car.
16. Scour my house from top to bottom.
17. Get everything ready for my sister's baby shower.

I'm sure there's much more!! Many of the things, like setting up the pack & play and re-assembling the swing can wait until we bring the baby home so I'm not worried about those and, therefore, did not include them on my list.

New picture in progress......
February 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Ah! After reading everyone else's posts, there are like 5 more things to add to my list!
February 28th, 2013, 09:46 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberley View Post
Sprinkle.. is that just like a low-key shower?? I like it.
I guess so, lol. I didn't really want a shower as this is my second but my SIl is due 3 weeks after me and on my MIL side they do showers for every baby. So they are doing a joint 'sprinkle' for us. It's suppose to be more open house/finger food style without games and is more for the necessities than 'fun' gifts.

February 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see, I still need to get a mattress for the crib, I want to get a couple of those wall hanging shelves for the nursery and then need to get them installed. I have about 2 feet of base board in the nursery that needs to be painted. I have a load maybe 2 of baby clothes to wash and put away. Mom got my travel system yesterday so I am waiting for her to get here with that. She is looking for a glider for me, but is hoping to find one 2nd hand to save a little money so hopefully she will be able to get one and bring it to me as well. Other than that I think I have everything pretty well set. DH and I talked about carpeting the nursery but when I checked on the price of carpet for that room and the carpet I like was going to be like $400 for that really little room(as in the room is not even 10 x 10) so I think we are going to wait on that. Maybe just get a throw rug or something.

February 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Need to buy burp rags, do all baby laundry. Sun the diapers. Get my birth supplies together and prep what needs prepping. Buy the birth kit. Install the car seat. Set up the co sleeper. hhhmmm that might be it? Or I'm missing half the stuff lol.
February 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I must say that reading this thread has made me exhausted!!

Mommy to 4 boys

Tags
pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search