~*March Chit Chat*~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree109Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh, I am such an old person. We set up the baby's room this morning. I say 'we', but all I did was vacuum and maybe shuffle some stuff around and I already feel like I've been on my feet all day. I could go for a nap. We still need to go to Costco, and I reaaaaaally don't feel up for it.. and I ALWAYS want to go to Costco.

Can't wait for my energy level to rise, whenever that may be.
March 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Costco on a Sunday sounds tortuous to me : /

I keep saying I want to do X and then waiting for the desire to morph into actually doing it. So far it's not working out...

I still have to set up babies bed both upstairs and down and install the seat. Everything else can wait but those are must dos obviously but I can't seem to motivate. I DID vacuum/clean my car today so I could install the seat. That's something right??
*Anya* likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 04:29 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
I've got 4 more rounds on prepping on the last batch of pre-folds. Got all the rest of the diapers folded and put away. Picked out George's going home outfit. Put it in the diaper bag. We won't be installing the seat until I actually have George simply because we live only 20 minutes from the hospital so its doable. Washing her clothes and getting them folded and put away now.

March 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to visit my niece this afternoon. You should have seen the poor nurses scramble when I walked up to L&D. HA! Poor things they totally thought I was a walk in not called ahead labor. Sorry to scare you all. I am just visiting ; ) I got a giggle out of it
*Anya*, MommysPocket and anjawb like this.

March 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
i went to visit my niece this afternoon. You should have seen the poor nurses scramble when i walked up to l&d. Ha! Poor things they totally thought i was a walk in not called ahead labor. Sorry to scare you all. I am just visiting ; ) i got a giggle out of it

rofl!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;

... and I just found out we lost another PH kiddo. It feels like they're dropping like flies. This one's healthy-to-dead was longer than the little one's. He was seven and he had 3 weeks of downturn, but still... One of the disadvantages to being in a support group is that you're exposed to a lot more deaths from the disease than you normally would be. I'm honestly feeling at this point like I need to step away from the group until after I have George just so I don't completely freak out. Is that too selfish of me??

Last edited by CrochetingMama; March 24th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. I can only imagine how it affects you. I'm so sorry for the loss. My heart breaks hearing of any loss, no family should have to go through that. I think you need to do what you need to do. I think they would all understand, we all have things going on in our lives that need to take first priority. You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of your babies.

March 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrochetingMama View Post
... and I just found out we lost another PH kiddo. It feels like they're dropping like flies. This one's healthy-to-dead was longer than the little one's. He was seven and he had 3 weeks of downturn, but still... One of the disadvantages to being in a support group is that you're exposed to a lot more deaths from the disease than you normally would be. I'm honestly feeling at this point like I need to step away from the group until after I have George just so I don't completely freak out. Is that too selfish of me??
I would consider it self preservation, and totally understandable!!! You have two kids to be thinking about, and they deserve the best you that you can offer them in this amazing time of your growing family!!!

March 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's not selfish at all, sometimes you just need a break from some realities. Hugs that can't be easy to read and hear about especially when it hits so close to home
March 25th, 2013, 03:21 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

rofl!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;

So sorry to hear of another loss You're completely justified in taking a step back. I'm sure everyone would understand.

We had a semi-productive weekend. Got the car vacuumed and carseat installed in my car, got the kitchen clean, laundry done, groceries bought, and overall the house pretty clean. My mil is staying with us tonight...she's passing through on her way to a job interview. So her coming was extra incentive to get the house clean. Keeping it clean from now til baby comes will be the challenge.
nameetog likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 25th, 2013, 05:40 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Ugh -.- One of those mornings. I had sporadic contractions all day yesterday. Today my back is killing me and George feels like she's imitating a bowling ball on my cervix. But no contractions. So I don't think I have anything to worry about/get excited over.

We did get snow, but its one of those rare situations where the roads are almost perfectly clear, so its easy to really sit back and look at what's around you and realize just how GORGEOUS it is. It is so beautiful out right now. Plus, its good packing snow. No matter if I'm 9 months pregnant or not, Monster IS gonna get pelted with a few snowballs when I get home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
So sorry to hear of another loss You're completely justified in taking a step back. I'm sure everyone would understand.

We had a semi-productive weekend. Got the car vacuumed and carseat installed in my car, got the kitchen clean, laundry done, groceries bought, and overall the house pretty clean. My mil is staying with us tonight...she's passing through on her way to a job interview. So her coming was extra incentive to get the house clean. Keeping it clean from now til baby comes will be the challenge.

Just hearing what all you got done made me tired.

Last edited by CrochetingMama; March 25th, 2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: wording sounded wrong
March 25th, 2013, 06:49 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to try to be productive today, try is the key word lol. This hous was not taken care of at all this weekend so I have some major catch up to do.

Also found out my mom and dad will be flying to FL (we are in MI) next week and will be gone for 6 days. I still think I will go over my due date so they have plenty of time to get back but it still scares me. They were going to take DD when I go into labor. If I go while they are gone, the only other option is DH family and honestly Ill be more focused and worried about DD than labor if that happens. :/

March 25th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Ugh -.- One of those mornings. I had sporadic contractions all day yesterday. Today my back is killing me and George feels like she's imitating a bowling ball on my cervix. But no contractions. So I don't think I have anything to worry about/get excited over.

We did get snow, but its one of those rare situations where the roads are almost perfectly clear, so its easy to really sit back and look at what's around you and realize just how GORGEOUS it is. It is so beautiful out right now. Plus, its good packing snow. No matter if I'm 9 months pregnant or not, Monster IS gonna get pelted with a few snowballs when I get home!

Just hearing what all you got done made me tired.
LOL. Luckily DH did a lot of that. I did some, but I also did a lot of laying around.

Snow with clear roads doesn't sound so bad. But I'm glad we escaped this latest round of snow. So ready for Spring!

March 25th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
SO ready for spring here too!! The snow is melting. Slowly. I spotted some crocus in my yard yesterday. This made me happy

I hope your parents make it back in time to help with DD. I can understand that frustration. I would be worried if my parents weren't taking my kids too!!

I am having a very difficult time motivating this AM. I laid around with my daughter just watching cartoons for awhile but now I need to get in the shower and get ready to do pick up my son from school and I need to fold the giant pile of laundry on the couch. I.have.no.motivation.

March 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Ridiculousness: When you go pee, stand up to wash your hands, and HAVE to go pee AGAIN! ***!
nameetog likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my 38 week appt this morning, and have had not progress. Im still 2 cm, and 80%, with her head really really low! The Dr. told me to walk and have sex.

Best part of my day: coming home to left over pasta with pesto and chicken my mom made last night and gave to me!!!
bellasky likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Sun is actually out today!
nameetog likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
I feel really weird today -.- Started with a light-sensitive migraine, then my arms started going numb on me, and quite frequently feel like I need to sit down RIGHTNOW whenever I try to walk a few feet. Ugh.

March 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
^ That doesn't sound good. Is the numbness something new, or have you had it before?

March 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
^ That doesn't sound good. Is the numbness something new, or have you had it before?
Well, I've experienced it before because I have IPN. However, during pregnancy.. I've noticed it creeping up over the last week. Feet a little tingly/numb, hands..etc. Today it just seems extreme. Both my arms ache and are partially numb feeling. It was in my feet earlier too.

March 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finally bought a new camera today. I've been taking crappy pics with my phone for years.
CrochetingMama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search