~*March Chit Chat*~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree109Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to the most amazing free kids clothing swap today!!! I got SO many things from 0-18 months! I was looking at some of the brands, and I think I easily got about $450 worth of stuff!!!!

March 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
My awesome friends got together and got me a 125 gift card to target...I'd love to use it to buy more CD stuff to further my stash but there are way toooooo many choices! =/ I dunno what to get. LOL
HalfDozen likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, it is ADDICTING!! Watch out!! Honestly there is just nothing cuter than a cloth bum ; )

Anja, that sounds AMAZING!! I'm jealous!

Kimberly, I'm jealous of open windows. It's warm here but it is all relative. Not quite warm enough for open windows yet

My son's birthday party was today. Friends party at his karate school. He had such a great time and all I had to do was bring the cake and pick up ice cream next door. SCORE! We will celebrate with the inlaws tomorrow. Busy weekend
CrochetingMama likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 06:36 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
Yeah, it is ADDICTING!! Watch out!! Honestly there is just nothing cuter than a cloth bum ; )
Honestly its not the cuteness for me at all. I really don't care about if it looks cute or not. There's just so many choices in terms of how they snap, how well they do overnight...when the best situation for them is... That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Then like..I've *heard* of fuzzinbunz..but there's this diaper called "Charlie Banana" that has similar pricing and gets great reviews too...but I've never heard of it.

/twitch

and then.....wth is the difference between an AOI and a pocket? Because I *have* a Thirsties AOI, but its stuffable at both ends...which seems to be the definition of a pocket. I don't get it!

March 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All in one diapers have the absorbent layer sewn in and pocket dipes have to have the pocket stuffed with the absorbent layer. I used only and all pocket diapes on my first two and it IS a pain in the neck to stuff diapers, I'm not gonna lie.

I don't know anything about Charlie Banana. I have seen them and heard of them but have no experience. I can tell you lots of mommas I know love the thirties covers. I have a bunch to try out myself. I've got a bunch of prefolds for the smaller sizes to go in them and fitteds for later on when baby is bigger.

Oh I will also tell you I am NOT a fan of velcrow. I prefer snaps. In fact my Bum Genius pocket dipes were all velcrow but after my son i had them all converted to snap for use on my daughter. Just MY two cents but I don't think it holds up well and kids can get them off easier...

March 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Aio means you just put on baby and go. Pockets need the insert stuffed into a pocket type area before they can really be used
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't stop coughing today!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 10th, 2013, 05:14 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Can't stop coughing today!
Sucks! Cold or allergies?

March 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I saw stars today for the first time ever. Dr. Google tells me that in pregnancy it is usually related to BP/Pre-e...

anyone have any experience?

March 11th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrochetingMama View Post
Sucks! Cold or allergies?
I'm thinking it's viral. Ugh...I really did not feel well this morning, nor did I sleep well last night. But, I'm here at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawb View Post
I saw stars today for the first time ever. Dr. Google tells me that in pregnancy it is usually related to BP/Pre-e...

anyone have any experience?
Not personal experience, no. Pre-e can cause changes in vision. You have an appointment today, though, right? So you can mention it then. Hoping everything's ok!

March 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Ooh George is being a jerk today. Only a couple contractions but every time I walk, it feels like she's down there trying to poke a hole through my cervix with her fingers. Actually doubled me over at one point and had me going "Not nice, George. NOT NICE!" as I awkwardly held my belly and waddled back to my seat.

March 11th, 2013, 08:42 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Got so much accompllished this weekend! Bought a toddler bed and crib. We put the toddler bed together Friday night. Saturday I cleaned our bathroom and put up curtains, finally! Yesterday, I cleaned our bedroom (or my 1/2 anyhow) and put the crib together. I also got all of the baby clothes that we have that are either neutral or boy washed. I feel like we're making progress!!
ThaiSpice likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 08:47 AM
That does sound productive!

We managed to get some things crossed off our list, too. Bought the carseat, I bought some new pump accessories, re-organized Grace's play room, and cleaned out the laundry room. DH actually did the laundry room all on his own, including sweeping and mopping it! I had asked him to get the cat litter out of there (our mostly outdoor cat was indoors quite a bit for the winter, but she's back out now that the weather is nicer), and I was going to do the rest, but he did it all!
HalfDozen likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Quote of the day from the Dr. "So we will see you next week, if not sooner!"

yup... head is really low, and ready to come out. Down to one week appointments, and they made sure to give me all the contact numbers if I go into labor!

March 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawb View Post
Quote of the day from the Dr. "So we will see you next week, if not sooner!"

yup... head is really low, and ready to come out. Down to one week appointments, and they made sure to give me all the contact numbers if I go into labor!
Wow!! Did they assess that via cervical check or US? (sorry if you've mentioned it already. I'm exhausted -.-)

March 11th, 2013, 10:02 AM
They did do a pelvic, but I still haven't progressed passed that initial cm from 5 weeks ago. When measuring my belly (37cm) he felt for the head around my pelvic bone, and he said that she is getting ready to push her way out!

March 11th, 2013, 10:17 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I'm scared of my doctors appointment on Wednesday. George has definitely dropped, I've had sporadic bouts of contractions, and sharp twinges in my cervix. I'm 50 percent scared he's going to say she's coming early and try to put me on bedrest or something, but the other 50 percent is scared that he's going to tell me that I don't even have to take it easy and that everything looks good to go for my due date. I was in tears yesterday from being in so much pain. I'm determined to bake George as long as she needs to bake but I am literally dreading every day that I have to get up because I know that involves movement and movement equals pain and wow I just whined! LMAO! Sorry about that!

March 13th, 2013, 06:40 AM
^ Hope your appointment goes well today.

Ugh...this cough is killing me. My belly/back muscles are so sore from coughing so much.

March 13th, 2013, 07:23 AM
^^good luck with the appt!!!! let us know how it goes!

^Have you tried sucking down honey? its a natural lubricant that can be really really soothing!

March 13th, 2013, 09:41 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
He said everything looks good. George is low, but not engaged. Cervix is soft (which is new), but I don't seem to be any more dilated than I was (fingertip). He raved about how good this pregnancy was going for me. I wanted to cry. That's what I get for having to start seeing another dr when its almost over. Sigh.

I've gained 18 lbs total so far. My BP was 117/79. He talked about how perfect all that was.

Did the GBS test and such.

We did not do the US because the tech called off sick today.

A question that I have now that I just didn't think of was this: When I asked him if we still had to do the ultrasound, he said yes. He then said he wanted to check my amniotic fluid levels. Last time he said he just wanted to check baby's size, heart, and position. He didn't mention anything about AFI. Is it normal to get that checked as you get further to the end??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search