~*March Chit Chat*~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree109Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 04:55 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
New month - new random chit chat thread

Most of our babies are due NEXT MONTH - Holy Cow, I'm ready but I'm not ready ... you?

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling pretty good about what I have left to do. It IS crazy though, next month! I was looking at my calendar and it really hit me when I saw have appointments the next three Mondays in a row. I'm at weekly appointments already?? EEEEK!

March 1st, 2013, 05:24 AM
Veteran
I am really freaked out because my little guy is actually due at the end of this month. Can't believe we are finally here. I have appointments every Monday too!
nameetog likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 05:55 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Im still at two week appointments for now, but I have a really strong feeling that this baby is coming early. Even my Dr on monday made a comment "you just have to keep her in there for another week so you can deliver here" (There is a 35 week rule for the local hospital, or else you have to go to the big one which is so much less intimate.)

Im officially getting freaked out.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 06:09 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's fun to say 'next month we will most likely have a new baby' but at the same time I'm kind of expecting to stretch it until May so I don't want to get my hopes up.

March 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay March! I think February is my least favorite month, so I'm glad to see it go. Hoping for warmer weather soon. I'm definitely feeling more prepared...I still have a list, but if she came today, we'd be prepared enough.
nameetog likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 1st, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's how I feel Kimberly if he were to make an appearance now we'd be OK (although I'm not wishing him early for health reasons!)

Feb is not my fav month either although I feel bad about that because my daughters birthday is in Feb. My son was born in March.

I'm having a hard time motivating this AM

March 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My first thought this morning was that since it's March, I only have a month left. I keep telling myself that I still have at least 5 1/2 weeks, though so I really hope that's true. I'm still at every 4 weeks for appointments, but after my next one at 36 weeks, I'll go to every 2 weeks.

March 1st, 2013, 09:38 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I fully expect George to bake late. With that being said, yes, I'm totally at the O_O HOLY CRAP! Its march already?! Next month we're done? Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh! LOL

Oh, I was supposed to be on every two week appointments at 28 weeks. I talked them out of that and into a month at 28 weeks, and then argued for timing at the 32 week so that I didn't have to go in until 35 weeks. I know at 36 weeks my OB is going to be out of town the whole week, so I'm going to see at the 35 week appointment if I can wrangle not having to go for another 3 weeks until i hit 38 weeks After that I'll do weeklies if they want.

Last edited by CrochetingMama; March 1st, 2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: edited to add:
March 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Ugh...I'm making my work "to-do" list, and it keeps growing! I'm in the process of hiring for two positions, so I've got interviews over thre next week and a half or so. At least next week is not filled with a bunch of other meetings.

March 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I am officially going to have this baby next month! .... That's just odd to say!

March 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Oh, oh, oh! Pure bragging here but: I finished George's baby blanket. I made it out of this super, SUPER soft thick yarn that is made specially for things like baby blankets, and it is perfect. Did it in dark blue and light blue, alternating squares, and edged it half dark blue, half light blue. My Monster thinks "it needs a purple bow on it" to make it "pretty and shiny". I don't mind the bow part, but we're negotiating on the purple!

I'm just so glad to get that bloody thing done! I also made George a sleep sack out of orange and green yarn (fugly, but thick and warm).

March 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
I know I keep saying this, but one of these days I'm going to learn how to do that. So cool!

March 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
I am with you Thai! I think I need to take a class. I bought a hook and some yarn and have been watching YouTube but I can only get so far before I have a big ol' knot!
March 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have started knitting baby hats to donate to our hospital. I love knitting and it is relaxing for me at night but my baby really doesn't need a zillion hats.

I can't believe that so many of us are due next month and I am guessing that more than a few people will have their babies this month!

I did that reverse calendar calculator today and the date came back as January 17th. That feels like just yesterday!
March 2nd, 2013, 04:33 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeladybug View Post
I am with you Thai! I think I need to take a class. I bought a hook and some yarn and have been watching YouTube but I can only get so far before I have a big ol' knot!
Have you watched the "Art of Crochet" videos by Theresa on youtube? Those are what taught me. Also, you could just be more inclined to knitting naturally than crochet.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
One of the girls in my Jan 10 PR gave me her Moby, and I got it in the mail yesterday! I think it will be nice in the beginning, and then I have a Beco for later. I'd also like to get a woven wrap at some point.

March 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to be able to crochet. My grandmother taught me when i was a kid. I never learned to knit though. It's been so long I've lost the ability. I keep thinking I'm going to try to relearn. In my next life maybe when I have free time ; )

Kimberly, I loved my Moby with my son for the itty bitty stage! I also love my Beco for the older back carry stage. I really want a woven too but I'm not sure ill justify the cost. I've got a linen wrap, a Maya Wrap as well as a solar veil ring sling in addition to the Beco
ThaiSpice likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Good to know you liked the moby for the tiny stage. I'm hopeful!

DH told me tonight that he thinks I'm nesting. LOL!

Oh...I bought a baby book for this baby today, and a couple of other baby things, including a gift from Grace to the baby.
nameetog likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Today was such a beautiful day! The sun was shining, and we actually spent some time in the backyard--Grace and DH played in the yard, and I sat on the patio (and actually fell asleep for a bit). Makes me even more anxious for Spring!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search