Call me crazy....

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Veteran
But who is excited for delivery. That is by far my favorite part of pregnancy. I was just reading another post where one of our mommies was talking about delivery and it made me think of this. I feel like I have been really lucky with my deliveries and I can't wait to do it again! It may be because I do love me an epi, but I also have never pushed more than 30 minutes. Hopefully I get just as lucky this time. My labors for my son and daughter were both fairly short, my sons labor was 6 hrs 40 min and my daughters labor was 7 hours. I had to push exactly 20 mins longer for her because she was turned at an angle. The only thing I worry about at delivery is hemorrhoids! Is it weird that's the only thing I have anxiety about, lol! I have had them so bad this pregnancy I'm on prescription suppository's for them. So, who else gets excited to deliver?

March 2nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm excited too!! I am going for a VBAC after a scheduled section last time, so I am just so curious as to what labour is like. I'm sure it's no walk in the park, but I still can't wait. I have a few worries, but I'm trying to set all fears aside and go into it positively.
mommy to alexander likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm stoked! I have no idea what to expect since this is my first but I'm over the moon excited to find out. I'm excited to see what it's all about and how I handle it and obviously to have my precious baby at the end. I'm weird though and the idea of pain doesn't scare me.
Kennydra likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow I couldn't imagine going through labor for that long.. My labors are HARD but short so I'm not looking forward to that part. Maybe if it was stretched out for a longer period it wouldn't hurt so much but I have to pray the epidural guy makes it in time or I'm SOL..
March 2nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm excited! My daughter's birth was so out of my hands and it felt like something that was happening to me rather than something I was doing. I'm so excited for a laid back home birth this time.
March 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Veteran
The only part I am excited for!!! I loved giving birth last time. It was the most difficult, primal, satisfying, amazing experience I've ever had. I'm hoping and praying this time is great too. That being said... I know I'm going to hemorrhage after and will most likely need surgery-maybe even a hysterectomy. And that scares me to death!!! But labor?? Can't wait.

March 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I get excited to deliver but I also get terrified as well. Even though I've been through it many times before I still get really panicky just thinking about it. I've never ever had an epi so my deliveries have all been extremely painful although none have been really long.
HalfDozen likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 09:34 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
>.> You said call you crazy so...

You're crazy! LMAO

March 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Veteran
Huge Kudos to the ladies who do it without pain meds!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who enjoys the labor and delivery part!

March 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am looking forward to labor because it will be a like a vacation for me. I told that to my midwife and she looked at me like I was nuts. I have never had a babysitter for my daughter and she is very high energy so when I am in labor a friend is going to watch her and I can be nice and quiet and focus on myself. It will also be the first time that my husband and I will be alone together for more than an hour since my daughter was born. I told him it will be like an overnight date!

My last labor was long and natural and ended in a c-section. I am really hoping for a vbac this time. I am excited about the idea of a vaginal natural birth and really hoping that it works out this time!
March 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm...what can I say? I don't dread it. I was anxious about it last time, and it turned out to be a really great experience! I loved my epidural, and I had absolutely no complications, so I really can't complain. It was long...21 hours, I think, with 10 minutes or so of pushing. Overall it was so much better than I ever thought it could be. HOWEVER...I guess I just know too much about what could possibly go wrong, and I know that just because I had a good experience last time doesn't guarantee anything this time. I can only hope that it goes as well. I guess I will just be relieved if/when we all come through it safe and happy.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 2nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I think you must be crazy!!! I dread labor, and it has nothing to do with the actual pushing part. Actually, someone at work was telling me she pushed for over 2 hours with her daughter, and I about fell over. The longest I have ever had to push was with my 4th, and that was maybe about 1/2 hour, although I can't say for certain - I don't remember any of her actual delivery (or the last several hours of labor), other than when the nurse got in my face and told me it was time to re-focus. My other girls were all only a few pushes each. However, my labors tend to get longer each time so that is part of what makes it not so great for me. Additionally, I've had both good and bad natural AND epidural births so I'm not sure what to expect anymore. I know my family would disagree, but I don't consider myself to be that much of a control freak, but I think knowing that so much is out of my hands about the labor process gets me on edge.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Wish I was excited about the delivery, but I do not cope well with pain and I found my last experience to be unbearable. Yep I was the crazy screaming women you never want to be. I keep telling myself that this time might be better...it can't be worse!
March 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also strangely excited about labor. It's hard to explain, I guess it's because the labor and delivery portion are just other chapters to add in the story of my life. Each delivery has been different for me, and actually, I have found my deliveries to somehow represent how my children are even today.

For instance: my first son had to be forced out! I was induced, and he didn't want to budge at all. Finally after threatening me with a c-section, he decided to come out quickly. This is similar to his personality today, he doesn't want to wake up, he takes his precious time doing EVERYTHING, I have to beg and plead with him until he finally decides he is ready!

2nd son came a little early at 37 weeks. His labor needed a little pitocin because we stalled a little, but in the end I literally didn't have to push him out. This baby came out while I was laughing, seriously. What's funny about this is that this kid has been making us laugh ever since, he's quirky. He was also born at lunch time 12:05pm to be exact, I see the resemblence here because this little guy is ALWAYS hungry! He's all about food, loves to eat and especially loves to take in the flavor of foods he is eating.

Baby 3, also came early. He was born at 6:24am and was the quickest delivery. He came fairly fast. The resemblence here is that he has always been a morning person, and he has always been extremely active!

So, with how each labor and delivery has been and resulted in the personalities that followed, I am anxious to see what this new little guys story will be. Will he also have some kind of connection with his delivery and personality???
kimberley, nikki-pie and HalfDozen like this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am excited for the labor process too! I just find it to be an amazing experience. Of course it's no walk in the park and painful as heck, but so rewarding once you see their sweet face. And I just enjoy the anticipation and excitement that leads and builds up to it!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 3rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Veteran
This is my favorite part of pregnancy because altho I feel like I am a terrible pregnant person, I feel like I am good at the delivery part. Didn't have epi for either of my kids, asked for one with the 2nd but didn't have time. Went too fast. It was painful but I have high pain tolerance so I didn't mind. I admit when I found out I may need c section this time I was bummed since I had such good birth experiences with others and am a bit nervous about surgery.

March 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pushed for four hours last time. Four. It was an exhausting eternity! I wouldn't mind if that part went a little faster this time.

March 3rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I'm pumped!
Although both of my previous labors were kind of long, about 12 hours each, they weren't horrible. I WAS the screaming lady that everyone on my floor heard during early labor with my first son, but that's because they wouldn't give me my epi. When they finally did, I progressed quickly & smoothly, 3 good pushes & out he flew. My second son was an easier labor but a longer pushing process because he had flipped face up and got caught on my pelvic bone. Still not a bad experience.
I am looking forward to labor & delivery but what I'm MOST excited about is the first minutes, hours & days afterwards that I get to spend being taken care of by nurses while I bond with my new baby. I can NOT wait for the first time nursing, the first skin to skin contact we get, the first diaper & the first time she opens her eyes to my face. That's what I am most excited about

March 4th, 2013, 10:02 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm kinda excited and kinda nervous. I am hoping I am kinda like my mom whose longest labor and delivery was 3 hours from start to finish but know that I will probably not be that lucky. But I am still looking forward to seeing how I handle it all.

March 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
I am totally excited which is kind of weird because i have spent almost the entire pregnancy dreading that part but i know that it is inevitable, and the reward in the end is indescribable. I am most looking forward to the look on DH's face the 1st time he gets to hold his 1st son, it will be priceless

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search