The Other Half

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 10 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 4 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 4 Post By Twirlbird
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By alyssabeth2685
  • 1 Post By KrissyS
  • 1 Post By mumoftwo2be

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Ahh yes those lovely other halfs ... those lucky ones that don't carry for 9 months and can do everything normal!

What has your lovely other half done lately (or any time really) that is a pet peeve or drives you crazy???

My biggest pet peeve with my other half is when I am talking to him and he will cut me off and start talking to those guys online playing xbox games! Ohhh and does he know it lol I have gone up one side of him and down the other about it... he will sometimes let it happen and he knows about it!

but I do love him with all my heart! *little sh*t* haha

March 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No pet peeves here, my husband has been Super Man in my eyes!! He took my Drs advice much more seriously than I did and isn't letting me do much of anything. This means he has been doing everything in our house! He gets up, gets the boys ready for school and to school, works, comes home before they are home (he's got great hours as a Prof.) he then feeds them, takes them to baseball/tball practice, brings them home, gives the youngest a bath and puts them all to bed. All the while keeping all the laundry done, he is a laundry ninja! He is keeping the house straightened, although that is a different story with all guys living in this house! So, his clean is a bit different than my idea of clean, but at least he is trying.

Sorry, no complaints here! I may be the one carrying the baby, but he's the one carrying the whole house and family on his shoulders at the moment. He deserves huge props and I thank him continuously!

Mommy to 4 boys
March 2nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
aww that's awesome! my SO does do good at that (even though he does moan about some things!) and I do tell him I am thankful for him being here and helping me through everything for sureee! just once in a while he can get on my nerves haha as I am sure I get on his

March 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
My DH has been amazing as well, no complaints from me. He busts his butt providing for our family and making sure we have everything we need considering we took a huge pay cut when I stopped working. He doesn't let me do much of anything around the house and is constantly telling me to sit down and rest. He gives me a massage every single night without complaining and makes sure I have whatever I need at the bedside before he leaves for work so I'm not up too much all day. He's been absolutely wonderful so I try to give him a break when he wants to play his video games lol. I figure he might as well play now because he won't have any time in just a few short weeks

March 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Doofus needs to clean more lol
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby is generally a super star around the house and very patient and lenient with me. But what bugs me lately is that he happily lets me be the bad guy with our son. He agrees about what behavior needs attention/discipline, but most yelling or harsh tone is left for me.

For example, JUST now (9:50 PM) the dingus kid got up for the second time to "get some water and use the potty." DH had just gone upstairs, which no doubt triggered the kid to get up which isn't DH's fault, and instead of me hearing any sort of serious scolding, I mostly hear DS's little voice talking to DH.

Um, hello? It's almost 10 PM. There needs to be some direct and not happy language expressed to the kid to let him know this isn't cool. I don't want it to be a screamfest, but a "this is not acceptable and you need to get in bed now" instead of just being a pushover that says in a less than serious fashion "this isn't good, James" would be nice.

So I end up being the one to call upstairs to say "get in bed NOW." And when we hear the kid moseying slowly into his room, DH says nothing and just lets me be the one to say "in your room, pronto!" while he sits there. It makes me nutso.
Cortney6983 likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
My hubby is generally a super star around the house and very patient and lenient with me. But what bugs me lately is that he happily lets me be the bad guy with our son. He agrees about what behavior needs attention/discipline, but most yelling or harsh tone is left for me.

For example, JUST now (9:50 PM) the dingus kid got up for the second time to "get some water and use the potty." DH had just gone upstairs, which no doubt triggered the kid to get up which isn't DH's fault, and instead of me hearing any sort of serious scolding, I mostly hear DS's little voice talking to DH.

Um, hello? It's almost 10 PM. There needs to be some direct and not happy language expressed to the kid to let him know this isn't cool. I don't want it to be a screamfest, but a "this is not acceptable and you need to get in bed now" instead of just being a pushover that says in a less than serious fashion "this isn't good, James" would be nice.

So I end up being the one to call upstairs to say "get in bed NOW." And when we hear the kid moseying slowly into his room, DH says nothing and just lets me be the one to say "in your room, pronto!" while he sits there. It makes me nutso.
I hear you on the bad guy thing!!! That's me in my house!
Cortney6983 likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
My pet peeve would be his laid back attitude about the arrival of this baby. I feel like a constant panic and mess all the time... he act's like its 9 months away still... But otherwise he's done really great about taking care of things that I "want" as he puts it.
Cortney6983 likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh has been fairly good. He is giving me a hard time About how I'm slowing down but no massive complaints yet
Cortney6983 likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
my partners been great with helping with shopping cleaning ect especially now that ive got spd hes really geared up takes son to school now save me walking i loves him loads i dont think i could ask for any more help
Cortney6983 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search