Ready to surrender!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mommy to alexander
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 1 Post By kitt

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
I have been having contractions consistantly for the past 48 hours! Every half hour to 45 minutes, and about a 3.5 hour period tonight where they were 10 minutes apart... UGH i wish he would just decide to come or these would stop... They are kicking my a$s! I called the hospital this afternoon, just to see what they would say about it, and they told me not to worry about it... Just to call them if my water broke, i start bleeding,if the baby stops moving, or when my contractions get 5 minutes or less apart. BTDT moms, how long did you have consistant contractions before entering active labor?
March 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't remember specifically. Are you talking about BH contractions or painful ones? I tend to agree with the advice you got...if they're close together, &/or You have other signs of labor, that's when I'd go in.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 3rd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Veteran
unfortunately, some ladies have contractions like that for weeks before baby comes. I'm sure it sucks and is extremely uncomfortable. Hopefully they will stop for you for awhile and you can relax
~AmazedByYou~ and *Anya* like this.

March 3rd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't really have strong ones until I was actually in labor which was nice because I knew it was the real deal. I had a friend due at the same time who had strong ones for weeks and constantly thought that she was getting close to going into labor. She ended up not actually going into labor until she was 42 weeks. I hope they lessen for you so you can rest!
March 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy to alexander View Post
unfortunately, some ladies have contractions like that for weeks before baby comes. I'm sure it sucks and is extremely uncomfortable. Hopefully they will stop for you for awhile and you can relax

Yep! I was contracting every 6-8minutes last monday, then by wednesday I was contracting every 2-4minutes (which I'm still doing) They stopped changing my cervix so I was sent home, but it doesn't look to be stopping anytime soon. And if you're not in active labor there's nothing they can do for you.

March 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did this with my 2nd pregnancy for probably 2 weeks prior to delivery. He was born at 37 weeks and a few days, so similar to you. I never called l&d and never went in until my water broke.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Some are really painful, it feels like i am being stabbed in the cervix and like i am being pulled apart.. Then i may have 2-4 that are painless. Kind of a cycle i guess. They won't go away no matter what i do :/ I have an appointment on thursday, so i am just going to try and relax until then!
March 3rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure when you go to your appointment (if you make it until then), that your Dr. will check you. You may be surprised, all the times I've had contractions that hurt, especially in the cervix region, were actually causing me to dialate.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I contract a lot but it never puts me in active labor. It dialated me, but the only thing that has ever put me in active labor is my water breaking.
HalfDozen likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 01:54 AM
LOL as long as i don't end up being one of those women that end up accidently giving birth in the toilet i'll be happy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search