Packing for the hospital

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 2 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By candyfloss1
  • 1 Post By nameetog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
When do you plan on packing for the hospital? What are some things you are bringing? What are the absolute necessities?

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have already packed my bag this time, this is much earlier than I have packed with my others. The only reason I packed is because every time I go to the Dr something crazy is going on. So, I have everything packed all but the nipple shield I have ordered that will be here sometime this week.

Things I have put in my bag are:
Chapstick
Pony tail holder
Hairbrush
Tucks pads
Stool Softner
Large maxi pads
Breast pads
Shampoo/Conditioner
Facewash
Bodywash
Razor
Deodorant
Lotion
Nursing bra (no underwire)
Nipple shield
Nipple cream/ lanolin
3 pj's with a button down top
Slippers/skid free socks
Outfit for coming home (something comfy)

These are just some of the things I can think of that I packed in my bag. I need to remember my camera, phone, charger and my laptop/charger.
JenLee likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to get on the ball. I haven't even made a list yet, but it would be nice to know it's ready to go. I'm just going to refer to Mel_Kay's list.
Mel_Kay and jen747 like this.
March 4th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran
i will probably pack around 36 weeks.

My list will include only the essentials, if I need anything else hubby or mum and dad can bring it for me.

shampoo/conditioner
bodywash
deoderant
toothbrush/toothpaste
hairbrush and hair ties

nursing bras
maybe a pair of nursing jamies (but probably not)

some yummy treats to snack on (my hospital provides tons of snack/fruit/drinks, but mine will be the unhealthy chocolate kind LOL)

ipad, iphone, charger

baby outfit
cloth diapers
blanket

and i think thats about it
Sneetch likes this.
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

March 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
I have not yet. I am planning on packing it within the next 2 weeks. I will have my scheduled c-section on April 4th, so unless something happens early, I already sort of know how much longer I have.

Things that I will be packing:
Button up tops
Nursing bra
nursing pads
shampoo & conditioner
soap(body wash)
deodorant
clothes to wear home
socks
brush
toothbrush/toothpaste
hair tie
pads
larger panties
camera
phone
Going home outfit for baby

March 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Thanks! What should we bring for the baby?

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
I started packing a few days ago, my birthing center sent me a list in the mail of all the things that i will need:
outfit for baby
2 receiving blankets
1 warmer blanket for cold weather
robe
hard soled slippers
underwear
pjs
nursing bra
and toiletries
March 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Ah ha! I forgot to add undies to my list, I have them packed though.

For the baby I have packed a few burp rags, gowns, diapers, wipes, receiving blankets and a coming home outfit (actually 2 outfits). All my boys seemed to have a blow out just as we were getting ready to leave! While in the hospital I use the rags they provide and keep the socks they place on the baby. The extra burp rags and diapers are for the trip home.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 4th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For baby I will bring coming home outfit and the hat my other kids both used. The kids great grandmother knitted it. I will also pack for my older kids their sibling shirts just for picture sake. I might pack a swaddle blanket I'm kinda loving. The hospital provides everything else.

For me ill pack nursing bras, comfy clothes to go home in, warm socks, flip flops for the shower, toiletries for my shower, Chapstick, hand cream and my meds. Ill also pack a couple of nursing tops and pj's, yoga pants. Ill probably pack my own high waisted underwear and maybe some pads, breast pads maybe too

Camera, phone, iPad - chargers for all of the above.

I like to have my Boppy pillow and of course carseat

I do pack several changes of clothes. I am a scheduled section though so I'm there a few days.

I won't pack for awhile still unless things seem like they are taking a different turn....
Sneetch likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am bringing pretty much everything that has been listed and will try to remember the Chapstick this time!! I'm also bringing a nursing gown because I hate those hospital gowns, an outfit for baby's first pictures, a zippered blanket for baby- I got tons of compliments from the nurses last time for bringing one, shower stuff, straightener, my own pillow!!!(very important) phone, iPad, charger, deodorant!, socks, slippers, makeup, maybe a disposable camera for photo album. I'm kind of old school like that. And maybe a razor..in case I don't have time to shave before going to the hospital.
March 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't packed yet, but I have started a list. I also need to think about getting a bag packed for Grace, as she will likely be staying overnight somewhere while I'm in the hospital. I may pack some things ahead of time, and then I'm sure I'll pack some of it once labor starts, or if I can't, I'll give DH the lists and have him pack for us. My list looks similar to what others have listed. I'm definitely bringing GF snacks.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 5th, 2013, 07:43 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I started packing yesterday. I have started having contractions every time I MOVE so I thought it'd be a good idea to have my bag ready. I packed a couple pairs of comfy pants, a couple shirts, nursing bra, nursing gown, socks for baby, mascara & eyeliner, razor, hair ties & a toothbrush & toothpaste.
I still have to pick up travel sized shower stuff, pick out a couple outfits for baby girl (different sizes since idk how big she'll be) and my slippers.
But besides those few things, we're pretty set!

March 5th, 2013, 08:06 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I haven't started packing, and I probably won't until either 1)my water breaks or 2)I have an induction date, and it's that morning.

For baby, I usually bring 2 regular outfits and at least one set of pajamas. I usually also have a diaper bag ready to go with anything else we'd need - diapers, wipes, blanket.

For me, I have a couple of changes of clothes because I like to be dressed in my own stuff during the day, a pair or 2 of pajamas, my pillow (like Kitt said -- this is the MOST important), and then all my toiletries. Like I said in a post a while ago, I go through what I would use to get ready every morning, and I bring all that stuff. Also, my electronics, but most of them are usually on me or in my purse, which I don't leave the house without.

And I try to get out of there as fast as possible!!!

March 5th, 2013, 09:11 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm all packed. I have:
Slippers, nursing bras, pjs, comfy clothes to come home in, outfit for baby, undies, toiletries, maxi pads,phone iPad and charger,

March 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Here's another random thing that I usually pack...my own washrag. I'm weirded out by using the one in the hospital to wash my face with, I'm not sure why. I think I took my own towel but never used it because things are pretty bloody that first shower....I'd rather not ruin my own towel

Definitely take your own pillow! Of course, put a different colored pillowcase (not white). The pillows in the hospital aren't the most comfy!

Mommy to 4 boys
March 5th, 2013, 09:29 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm definitely taking my own pillow...I hate all other pillows.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
ive been thinking about this i aint going to start yet im only 33 weeks but im in two minds whether to start at 36 weeks or leave it at the last minute... reason being i hate hospitals with my first i was having contractions every two minutes and as soon as i decided to go in the pain started.. i then had him 7 hours later ... im thinking when the pain starts to get to the point its unbearable and i need some help then im going too take my mind of it by then packing mine an babys stuff il also steralise the bottles and things that day.. brave i no but i need to focus on other things then the pain... lol .... any way for me il be packing

tooth brush
facial wash
body wash
flannel
towell
post pregnancy towels
breast pads
dressing gound
loose pj's
slippers hair brush and makeup

for baby il be packing :

3 baby grows different sizes