Birth Control After This Pregnancy

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 09:15 AM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
I think it might have been awhile since we all discussed this topic. But I was lurking around the birth control board and thought I'd bring it up here.

What form or BC if any, do you plan on using after this baby is born?

Anyone have any stories to share about good or bad experiences regarding different types of BC?

I have only taken the pill. When nursing I had just the 1 hormone kind. Then after I had a generic for a popular brand, even though I cant think of the name of it now. It worked well for me, no side effects or weirdness.

After this baby I am looking at getting Paraguard until hubby *snips snips*. My cousin seems to be happy with it and supposedly it has a lot less side effects than the mirena. Anyone have experience with it?

March 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just charting/NFP. Once we know we're 100% done, DH will get a vasectomy. We're probably done, but I don't think either of us is willing to take permanent steps at this point.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We're not really sure. The big v-word has been tossed around for hubby, but he chickened out last time. I have a preference for hormonal birth control, but I can't take that while nursing, and I'm terrible at taking pills on a regular basis (both of which are why here we are again). Anyhow, I know the low-dose birth control is supposed to be okay, but I felt like it affected my supply some. I'm not really up for having anything implanted.

So, no help yet again because I just don't know.

March 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Natural Family Planning.
We want as many kids as God gives us.

March 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no idea. I haven't really thought about it. I have only been on BC once before and I can't even remember what it was because that was so long ago. I guess I need to do some talking and thinking and decide on that.

At the same time I think DH is wanting another. Sometimes he talks about it and has even said things along the lines that with as long as it took me to get pregnant this time we may want to start again right away(I wanted to slap him). But I'm just not sure. I love kids and love having a lot of kids around but I think that IF we decide to have another I want to wait awhile. We already have the 11 y/o and then we have the twins so much that are now actually 2(their birthday was yesterday) and now this one, I just think we need to wait awhile and see how things go before we make that decision.

Last edited by JennBer; March 7th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
NFP for us as well until we want to start ttc again.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Thinking the Paraguard as well. I had issues with the mini pill affecting my supply, but I did have thyroid issues around the same time too so not sure if its related or not.

We tried condoms/rhythm... thats how we ended up here. And my low fertility obviously changed after having DD.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will go back to using condoms and then when we are 100% sure that we are done my DH will get a vasectomy. I am not really excited about going back to condoms but I personally don't like hormonal birth control for me or having anything implanted. I would be tempted to just use charting but I am not sure that I trust it enough since we are 99% sure that we are finished after this baby.
March 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NFP has worked for us for 7 years, never did hormonal birth controls and I'm grateful that we haven't had to resort to that.
March 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure. We always hot pregnant when trying and not when we weren't so may continue that. We are sure this is last but neither of us wants to get snipped or tied. I don't do well on pills or anything so we are hesitant on trying anything like that.

March 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Veteran
We really had no method in particluar except withdrawal (why I became pregnant at 44). We are for sure done and if I have section I will be getting tubes tied, otherwise DH going in ASAP.

March 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Not sure... definitely not hormonal birth control. I have major fertility issues so it probably isn't a huge deal but I think we're going to use condoms for the time being. We received some information the other day that may just change our plans to wait til next year to get pregnant again.

March 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll just be doing NFP with a fertility monitor (Marquette method). I had the mirena before getting pregnant this time and the whole reason I had it removed was because I just became personally uncomfortable with how it worked. And I don't do BC pills for similar reasons, but they also make me feel loopy lol. We aren't sure we're done so anything permanent is out, so NFP it is!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I did the Mirena previous to this pregnancy and Oh My God..did I ever regret it. I actually removed it myself, I was that eager to get it out of me.

I'm hoping to do Essure after George is here.

March 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am seriously considering getting my tubes tied as it's looking like a c/s will happen. If not, I'll be happy to go back on normal bc pills as soon as I can. I did the low dose bc pills last time, and I think it worked ok, but we're pretty sure we're done. I'd also like to have DH get snipped too.
mama3o likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Veteran
We will go back to using condoms. We're pretty sure we're done after this as well but not so sure we want to make any permanent decisions right away. Once we make an official decision my DH will get a vasectomy. I can't take any hormonal birth control due to migraine headaches and the idea of something implanted in there doesn't sound fun to me either.

March 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mainly condoms. I was on a patch for almost a year before DD but other than that I've never been on other forms of BC. I may start charting so we can have the occasional non condom day. But I don't plan on having tubes tied and DH doesn't plan on getting snipped anytime soon. He thinks we are done, I think we may end up with a couple more, so nothing permanent yet.

March 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
I'm not sure to be honest. I was on the mini pill after Grayson was born and I feel like it did effect my milk supply, even though its not supposed to. So I'm not sure really. I stopped taking the mini pill about 2 months in and we continued dtd and we didn't get pregnant til nearly 2 years later. So I dunno lol

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

March 7th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Veteran
Vasectomy!

March 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
I'm jealous of you NFP'ers... I am a **** fertile mertile... or however you say that. If he even looks at me without something I'm pg....
jen747, HalfDozen and anjawb like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search