Today's appointment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By MaineBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 10:13 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Overall, good appointment. I gained 0.7lbs in the past 2 weeks, BP was good, urine was negative for everything, fetal HR was in the 140's.

I was expecting to see my OB (that's who my appointment was with), so I was disappointed to see the APN walk in. I mean, she's ok, but honestly she's awkward and makes my DH and me uncomfortable. Anyway...she says my fundal height is still behind (though she doesn't usually actually measure it). Last visit she actually did measure, and was like, "Oh...you're not behind...you just 'felt' that way..." . Anyway, so she wants to do an ultrasound next time just to make sure fluid levels and all that are ok.

My doctor did come in at the end, and we chatted for a bit...mostly about how she's handling a 2 year old and a new baby. She's funny, so we were all rolling. She did say she wanted me to pay close attention to movements, and to come in if I didn't have four per hour. That's the first time in either pregnancy that she's brought it up. Normally I feel her all the time, so it isn't a big deal. I am a little more on edge about things after hearing about a tragic late-term (40w1d) loss this week. But overall I have no reason to worry.

So I go back in 2 weeks for a visit, u/s and group B strep culture, and then it'll be weekly after that.
*Anya* likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 7th, 2013, 10:16 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Its always hard to hear about the late term losses but you just need to keep in mind that it is very, very rare! (Easier said than done, I know!) Glad everything seemed to be going well and hopefully you have more interactions with your doctor than the APN from here on out.

March 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a great appointment and that will be cool to see baby on the ultrasound next visit. It will put all of that guessing about the size to bed. Your doctor sounds cool!

None of my female doctors are that chatty.. The male doctors that I see always have me cracking up and feeling at ease. You have to love doctors like that.
March 7th, 2013, 11:07 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Sounds like, overall, a good appointment. I'm sure you're thrilled to have your regular doctor back. There are certain providers in my midwife practice that I definitely like better than others, and I have been avoiding one in particular this time after some, what I thought were, rude comments she made to me. I do actually like the one doctor that's there, but apparently, not as many others do. He's frank and to-the-point, and I appreciate that!!

March 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds almost exactly like my appt except I saw my normal OB the whole time and I gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks- hello, Easter candy!
ThaiSpice likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad all is well
March 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad that your appointment went well.
March 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Dang almost no weight gain! Good for you!

March 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Veteran
Glad everything is going so well!

March 8th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful!!! I am glad it went well! Some of the scary stories I've been hearing lately have me on edge too. I feel like all the sudden I keep hearing them! YUCK!

My practice that I go to is quite large. I think there are about 10 docs and maybe 10 APN. I never know who I am going to get.... Luckily they are all great! (Except one!!)
March 8th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds good!!

March 8th, 2013, 06:04 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds good. It will be nice to see baby on US next week. Hope those fluid levels are fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search