35.6 week appointment this morning... might i say wow!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 8 Post By nikki-pie
  • 5 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 1 Post By rverrone11
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By LeedaRenee
  • 3 Post By Mel_Kay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
Had my appointment, after wrestling the baby around in my uterus for a few the Dr stops and looks at me and says, "wow! You have a big baby in there! i would say at the very least he is in the high 7 lbs range, but more than likely 8 lbs possibly more! But i have had a woman give birth who was smaller than you to a 9 lbs baby no problem... It was quite impressive" (I'm only 5'2") Then she proceeded to talk to me about her protocall for a c section I really hope that doesn't happen i really want to have him naturally! But i guess if he ends up to big for my small frame there is nothing that i can do about it, but kind of amazing to think he weighs 8 lbs and still technically has a month left until his due date! I am still 3 CM dialated, but am up to 75% effacement now. Dr said i could blow anytime! I passed Group b strep test and then my appointment ended with my Dr saying ominously "i might be seeing you this weekend, you my friend are having a baby very soon"
March 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Holy Cow!!! Very cool! Congrats on the good news! Keep us posted!

March 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wowzers!! Look at your baby grow!!! I was 11lbs when I was born and my mother was very petite then and she had me naturally. Same with DH's mother. He was over 9lbs and she had him vaginally as well.
How exciting that your baby might be knocking on the door!!!
March 7th, 2013, 02:34 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
oh how exciting!!! can't wait to hear how your weekend goes!!!

March 7th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Exciting!!

March 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im the same height and had DD naturally. She was 9 lb 7 oz and it was easy. You'll do great!!

March 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
They cannot tell how big the baby is until it is born. Palpating is even less accurate than ultrasound.

March 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
yeah i am kind of hoping that she is incorrect i mean that is a mosterous baby! Its kind of amazing both DH and i were 6.5 LBS at birth, im 5 2 now and he is only 5 11 im wondering how we made such a large baby! lol
March 7th, 2013, 06:02 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow! can't wait to see what happens!
March 7th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-pie View Post
yeah i am kind of hoping that she is incorrect i mean that is a mosterous baby! Its kind of amazing both DH and i were 6.5 LBS at birth, im 5 2 now and he is only 5 11 im wondering how we made such a large baby! lol
I'm 5'4" 125lbs pre-pregnancy and DH is 5'9" 145 lbs. My girls were 9lbs 2oz and 8lbs 13 oz, and have consistently been at the top of the height charts.

The doctor really has no idea how big baby is; there's just no reliable way to tell.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree!!! Mine were big and I weighed about 110 before pregnancy the last 2 times. Even my preemie was close to 6lbs at almost 6 weeks early!

It will work out!! Our bodies are meant to push babies out!!!!
MommysPocket likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, how exciting!!
March 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Very exciting!! It will be interesting to see how big baby really is at birth! Looks like we will be finding out soon!!
March 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how she could give you a weight on the baby just by palpation. Don't be scared or discouraged. I was 10 lbs 9oz when I was born and my hubby was 10 14, and we were both born vaginally.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have shared my frustrating story about my SIL a million times. With her first her Dr. claimed she was having a "Big Baby" so they scheduled a c-section. Never even gave her body a chance to labor on it's on, she had the c-section at 39 weeks and my niece was only 9lbs. I understand that 9lbs is still a big baby, but women push out 9lb babies all the time, despite their size! Every woman should be given a chance to labor on their own before c-section is mentioned. I am so thankful my Dr. never threw around the term c-section with any of my babies before labor! I did almost have to have one with my oldest son because I was stuck at 5cm for a LONG time and his heart rate wasn't the best. We showed them, went from a 5 to a 10 in 40 minutes and delivered him vaginally.

Sorry for the rant, it just really peaves me that your Dr. would mention a c-section. Here's hoping you labor and deliver that baby, no matter what size on your own

Mommy to 4 boys
March 9th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah she said that if i dialate properly to 10 in a timely manor she would allow me 2 hours of pushing before she would order a c section that doesn't seem like very long to me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search