Not so great news. Pre-E questions *Update!*

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Excited first time mommy!
This pregnancy has been fairly easy and I actually enjoy being pregnant and have been hoping he stays in as long as he needs to... Had my 36 week appointment yesterday and my blood pressure was 150/100. I assumed it was situational because we had just found out my ex gave us the wedding present of slashing all four of DH's tires. She retested at the end of the appointment and it didn't go down... I've also noticed that I'm dizzy and hands are so puffy/swollen that I had to force my ring off. No protein in my urine, but I'm now scheduled for a non-stress test, a 24 hour urine and some blood work. She said that we're probably looking at an induction next week (Good news is he is head down and right now I'm not dilated)

I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with preeclampsia? I know it's best for baby, but the idea of an induction scares the crap out of me. Hoping to hear from some ladies who have some experience with this. I will be 37 weeks when they induce me.

Update***

After lots of hours of monitoring, baby and I have been given a clean bill of health. They were worried about his heart rate and my blood pressure being high, but seemed to just be anxiety. All labs came back good! We also got an ultrasound and he's already 7lbs and his head is 9 and a half centimeters which puts that measurement in the 89th percentile haha DH was born with a big head according to MIL. No induction, so we still have 3 weeks to go Thank you all for your support!!

Last edited by dylans_mommy; March 11th, 2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: update
March 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I've never had any experience but I just wanted to say that I hope things get better for you.
dylans_mommy likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran
No experience, just wanted to say what a bummer that must be and to take care of yourself.
dylans_mommy likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
No experience, but at 37 weeks baby is totally fine to come out!!!!

and supposedly coconut water and cucumbers (I chop them up and put them in a pitcher of water in the fridge) really help with swelling!
dylans_mommy likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran
I have had two inductions and have had absolutely no problems. My labors were in the 6 hour range from start to finish. I know some people have problems, but I wasn't one of them. Don't let all the scary stories worry you. Your baby is 37 weeks and they are inducing for a reason. Good luck and you will do great!
dylans_mommy likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No help on the pre-e but I also was induced and it was nothing like the stories you hear. Everything went smoothly. Hope baby can bake until he is ready but don't be too worried if you have to be induced.
dylans_mommy likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced at 41 weeks. First, I think it depends on the approach your doctor takes. For me, it took 36 hours, but the whole first day was getting doses of the gel to get my cervix ready. I was effacing, but no further dilation or any contractions at all. On day 2, they started pitocin & broke my water a little bit later, and I went from nothing to full-blown contractions in a short time. It took about 12 hours til I was ready to push (and then 4 more hours of pushing, but that's beside the point). My bff was induced due to pre-e. Same practice, but different doctor. I can't remember exactly, but I know they started her pitocin the first morning & she had her baby that afternoon. He was perfectly healthy. She was on magnesium, which I think made her feel flu-like, and she had to be on it through the next day, so she wasn't allowed up out of bed at all until after that was done.
Everyone is different, so you just never know. I'm really sorry to hear about the slashed tires. That's terrible. I hope you are able to relax & continue to feel good.
dylans_mommy likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just diagnosed with mild Pre-E at almost 36 weeks and they will be inducing me at 37 weeks.. (on the 14th).. Induction scares me too but I've tried to come to grips with the fact that I'd rather they induce and get the baby out then me have severe complications from the Pre-E that can harm (or even kill) me or the baby. So induction we go!

We'll make it through this no sweat.. Just another hurdle to jump in the grand prize that is our little sweeties...
Kennydra and dylans_mommy like this.
March 9th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had pre-e with my last pregnancy that started fairly early so I was put on BP meds which helped until I got to 38weeks where my bp went back up and I started spilling protein in my urine. At that point my OB decided the best course of action was to induce me. So I was induced at 39 weeks. I was lucky that I had already been dilated to 2cm for a couple weeks before that and everything else was pretty well off to a good start so I didn't need cervidil or anything. They just broke my water, gave me pitocin and off we went.

You don't want to mess with pre-e so if your doctor is concerned I would say induction is definitely the best option at this point. Prayers that everything comes back looking good and you can keep baby baking a little longer if possible!
dylans_mommy likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks so much for the support, ladies! I feel a lot calmer now
March 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're feeling calmer! Hope the 24-hr urine and other tests turn out ok, and that this isn't the start of pre-e for you. Maybe the BP was just a fluke due to your stress level that day. Either way, it's good that your doctor is taking it seriously!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Updated
March 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a great update! Glad to hear it!
dylans_mommy likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
VERY VERY nice!!!
Thats perfect news!! You can't ask for anything better than that.
dylans_mommy likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Sounds like great news!! No pre-eclampsia is definitely a good thing!!!
dylans_mommy likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
9 and a half centimeters? That doesn't make sense in inches or in centimeters. his head should be around 12" or 30cm.

March 11th, 2013, 04:06 PM
It makes sense if it's measuring Biparietal diameter (BPD)...
March 11th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Veteran
Great news!
let that baby grow!
dylans_mommy likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad to hear!
dylans_mommy likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad all turned out to be ok!!