Stressful appointment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 7 Post By plastikmom
  • 1 Post By melshaz@earthlnk.net
  • 1 Post By misela87
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Twirlbird
  • 2 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By bananamagic
  • 1 Post By Tamimomof5
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By AngieLMG
  • 1 Post By *Anya*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 05:21 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
So yesterday I went in for my NST (doing them weekly because lazy baby fails all the kick counts and my BP has been high) and they could not get a strip on the baby. The Medical Assistant keep telling me "I just can't find him" What?? There is a huge baby in my belly, how can you not find him??? I almost had a heart attack!!! My BP was also high so they sent me to the hospital. I was so nervous, but luckily baby boy kicked me on the way there, just to let me know he was still ok in there!! I really needed that to calm down. So as soon as they hooked me up to the monitor in L&D, there was his little heart beat and they got a great strip on him. Who knows what the problem was in the office??? The equipment, the medical assistant?? So they monitored him for awhile and took BPs on me. Well after 15 minutes, I fell asleep. I think I was so relieved that he was ok, I felt like a deflated balloon and off to sleep I went. Well an hour later the doctor came in and woke me up and said baby looked great and my BP went from 150/92 to 122/74 while I was resting. She thinks I might be overdoing it with work and when I told her the other doctor told me to exercise, she laughed. She said at this point exercise would help minimally and with being on my feet all day there was no need to walk in the evening (thank goodness since I had no plans to anyway!!) She also said I had two contractions while I was asleep and told me to stay hydrated. As far as work goes, she told me to try and rest more and come to see her next week. She said if my BP is still up then we really have to have a talk about stopping work or working limited hours. (by the way my bloodwork and 24 hour urine from last week were normal, so its not pre-e) Until then, no restrictions. I would love to keep working, but have this fantasy of a 5 or 6 hour day and then some free family time when I am not exhausted. Plus I think it would be better for both me and baby for me to work a little less. So the appointment started out stressful, but ended well. Thank goodness!! I got a preview of L&D and all the nurses were so super nice to me!! What a relief, makes me feel better about delivering there now that I had a good experience.

Last edited by plastikmom; March 13th, 2013 at 05:25 AM.
March 13th, 2013, 05:57 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whew! Glad he and you are ok!
plastikmom likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 06:25 AM
~Isela~
What a scare! Glad you and baby are okay.
plastikmom likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 06:38 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well at least it ended well! I'm glad that doctor was more reasonable as far as the whole working out thing goes...it just seems like at this point it isn't going to help much, especially if it had been pre-e (and thank goodness it's not). Anyway, I would have been SO panicked if they had told me they couldn't find the baby. I'm sure it was quite a scare!
plastikmom likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Glad you both are ok!!
plastikmom likes this.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 13th, 2013, 07:57 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How could they not find the baby? God, give a mother a heart attack would you!!!

Well I'm glad that your sweetie is doing well. He is going to be a chill laid back boy who is cool and suave... Unlike my ultra hyper baby who will probably be running around like a mad man and jumping his bike off of huge ramps and going to the hospital all of the time, running away from preschool, etc.. just like DH did to his mother! *LOL* She already gave him the curse that he is going to have a child just like him.... SCARY MAN!!!

Anyway.. I'm glad that things are ok and you and baby seem to be doing great!! Keep that up lady!
plastikmom and Ltem45 like this.
March 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Gee, I wonder why your blood pressure would be high if they couldn't find the baby?? Glad to hear things calmed down once you got to the hospital.

I know it's been stressful for you at work so I'm hoping that seeing this other doctor will enable you to at least cut back to part-time for a period of time. Gotta keep that little boy in there for a little longer!
plastikmom likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran
I think going to your Dr is probably enough to cause your BP to go up with the exercising and not finding HB. Geesh! Glad you were able to talk to another Dr and get some different advice and that everything is ok. Hopefully you can cut back a bit on work soon and be able to relax a little.
plastikmom likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad that you are both doing well.
plastikmom likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that you are both doing well. I hope that at the next appointment the doctor suggests cutting back your work time so that you can get a little rest!
plastikmom likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes on the scare. Oh MY!! So glad the rest of the appointment went well and I hope you are able to cut down your hours
plastikmom likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Veteran
So glad your bad experience turned into a good one. And happy to hear baby is doing well!
plastikmom likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad that things ended on a good note, I'd ask this more compassionate doctor for work hours restriction lol.
plastikmom likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 05:23 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
He is going to be a chill laid back boy who is cool and suave
This made me smile!! Or else he will come out with all the energy he has been saving up!!!

Quote:
I'd ask this more compassionate doctor for work hours restriction
I see her next week and my plan is to ask to work part time until baby comes!!

Its funny that during the time the medical assistant was searching for baby, I was pretty calm. I kept hearing what I thought was baby, but then she would move the monitor and say it was me (really, my heart rate is not that fast) or say it was the placenta. I wanted to grab it from her and do it myself!! I found out yesterday that she is a new MA and new to the office. I wish they would have sent someone in to help her.

Last edited by plastikmom; March 14th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search