March is 1/2 over!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 2 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By CrochetingMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
So tomorrow is March 15, which means the month is basically 1/2 over already! I cannot believe how fast this month is flying by!

With Easter being on March 31st, and many of us will be considered "full term" by then, what are you plans?

My SO & I aren't sure what to do at this point, his family usually makes reservations at this beautiful place/buffet about 30 min from home, which is about 40-45 min from the Hospital ... we are debating on going since I'll be 38 weeks by then ...

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 14th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Easter is a casual deal around here. We have dinner with my inlaws. The Easter Bunny comes here for the kids and we spend the morning as a family.

I would still go to Easter dinner 45 mins away. I wouldn't even think twice. Just MY two cents but you could always ask your doctor if you were really concerned
Twirlbird and Missa_Mae like this.

March 14th, 2013, 05:05 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I love hearing that March is half over!!! I am ready for April!! I would also go to Easter dinner 45 min away and enjoy it with your family!
We will do an egg hunt on Easter morning and then my parents are taking DS to Disney World for a week (spring break here) DH and I were supposed to go but there is no way I could walk around Disney all day. I'm bummed but glad my parents were willing to step in and still give DS a fun vacation. My favorite OB will also be away on spring break that week, so I better not go into labor the first week in April!!
March 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahh that's crazy to think about! For me it basically means baby girl will most likely be here in +/- 3 weeks! Trying to wrap my head around that one . I am so excited, but I feel like we have quite a bit to do still!

For Easter weekend we'll be pretty busy! On Good Friday we have a church service and potluck. On Saturday we have our huge family Easter egg hunt for all the kids. On Easter Sunday we have church service again and hubby plays guitar at our church and I've been asked to play flute Friday and Sunday, so it will be a jam packed weekend! I'll be 39wks at that point and our church is about 30-40mins away from our house and the hospital, I'll just make sure I have my bag packed and in the trunk etc. I think you should go to the family dinner if you are feeling up to it, I bet all the family would love to see you!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 14th, 2013, 05:54 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Boil and paint a dozen eggs. Hide 'em around the house. Let Monster find them. Pig out on chocolate afterwards with her. Watch a movie together and hopefully get in some massive snuggles.

That was what we did last year - and what we'll do this year. I like my traditions. LOL.
nameetog likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Can't believe March is half over but that makes me very happy!
I would go to the dinner as well unless you are having a ton of contractions that day.

We aren't planning anything this year because chances are baby will be here or I will be in labor that weekend. If baby is here I'm sure family will just be coming to us for dinner then, though I won't be cooking!

March 14th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Dinner at with my family one of the 4 days, dinner with his one of 4 days. Usually its very last minute lmao.

We got a pack of eggs to "hide" for Mia. I'm so excited about her doing a little egg hunt. Pretty sure my excitement means I will be in the hospital! lmao.

And I would still go to dinner. My stepdaughter lived an hour from us when I was pregnant with Mia. We still made the hour drive there and back at 38,39,40,41 weeks lol. First time labours are slow and its not that far of a drive if you do start labour.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crazy, I know! I was just saying that yesterday about how I can't believe March is practically half over.

I have no idea what our Easter plans are. Really haven't thought much about it. I'm the one who usually does all of the family dinners, if there is one, and since I have nothing planned, I guess we're not doing anything big. If anything, we may have my mom and my sister's family over for lunch. I'm sure we'll get Grace an Easter basket (...preggo brain just almost typed laundry basket. Haha...what?), but other than that, I don't know.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 14th, 2013, 07:55 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
We are not planning anything big. Just brunch at the Hotel in town, and my mom is convinced that im going to go into labor after, so we will see!!! She might be an easter baby!

Usually we go to my moms family three hours away, but there is no way that that is a possibility this year!

March 14th, 2013, 08:25 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So exciting! I'll be considered full term by this weekend. Can't believe how fast this is going. Not sure what my Easter plans are for the same reason. Hoping grandparents are here to help fill my son's basket in case I can't!

March 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
The fact that April is so close is freaking me out now! We will be going to my parents who live 20 mins away and DHs parents who live about 40 mins away for Easter. Since I'm towards the end of April I'm not too worried about going into labor, and I'd like to see everyone!

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

March 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have any special plans for Easter. We will put together a little basket for my daughter and we might do an egg hunt since she seemed to enjoy that last year.

I am excited that March is half over, the first half went by fast! I would totally go to an Easter event 45 minutes away as long as I wasn't having a lot of contractions.
March 14th, 2013, 10:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Easter baskets for all of the girls to be found first thing in the morning. Church. Home to hunt eggs. I'm sure we'll have lunch. It should be just us. Hubby will have to work so that will kind of stink, but we'll definitely have ham for lunch.

I wouldn't think twice about going 45 minutes away for brunch (says the woman who will be traveling 12 hours at 37 1/2 weeks).

March 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mommy :)
This month is flying by!

For Easter, the Easter bunny will come that morning then at 1 we are having lunch here at my house. After lunch we will be dying eggs and other adults will be hiding the plastic ones outside. When we are done dying eggs the kids will hunt the plastic ones

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search