Stretch mark attack!!!!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By AngieLMG
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 08:28 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Though I have been piling and creaming my belly on a nightly basis I noticed last night I have stretch marks on either side like an accordion! This is not my first baby but I definitely got more stretch marks this time around. Oh well.

March 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran
Same here!! I'm getting way more than last time. I'm so bummed. My doctor laughed when I told her about my cremes and whatnot. She said it's totally genetic and there's absolutely nothing you can do. Kinda made me feel better...

Haha right now above my post there's an advertisement for stretch mark removal. Hehe.

March 14th, 2013, 09:22 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even if they don't work it makes me feel like I am doing something in the battle. I will bathe in bio-oil once this is all over!

March 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I didn't get any until 36 weeks and I foolishly thought I was going to make it through the whole pregnancy without any. This time they became visible pretty early on and I am not sure if I am getting new ones or if the old ones are just showing up more and more over time. Mine did go all the way away after awhile because I was pretty surprised to see them again.
March 14th, 2013, 09:37 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got them last time, for sure. No new ones this time yet but I'm not nearly as big this time around. And I believe that no amount of cream will keep them away from me...I'm just one of those people destined to get them. :/
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; March 14th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
March 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far Im doing ok, but my first ones didn't show up until 38 weeks with DD. Im hoping for no new ones (yeah right) and that maybe my old ones will be enough, lol. Did Bio-oil seems to work? I have been bathing in coconut oil to help keep my skin hydrated.

March 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never got a single stretch mark with either of my two other kids. Not.a.one. I wasn't so lucky this time ; )

March 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My body looks like a road map! Stomach, boobs, upper thighs, even on my face!! Almost all of them are from my 1st one, but they do at least fade over time. I couldn't even begin to tell if any of them are "new". I don't worry about them, though. My clothing all hides them (except the face ones, and that's what make-up is for).

March 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have stretch marks literally from my boobs to my calves! They all came with pregnancy #1. I only added 1 new mark with my 2nd and 2 new with my 3rd. So far there aren't any new ones. But then again I didn't notice the additional marks until after delivering 2&3.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 14th, 2013, 04:59 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I started getting stretch marks on my belly about 2 weeks ago . I have definitley been doubling up on the creams lol.

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Veteran
I have exploded in new stretch marks in the last couple days! With my first DS I didn't get a single mark until 37 weeks (he was born at 38 weeks) and then they were just everywhere. His were all vertical. This time it appears baby Widget was nice enough to give me a bunch of horizontal ones UGH. At least I can tell which marks come from which baby For me they are all on my stomach and then my boobs too.

March 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I got a bunch on my hips, butt & boobs with DS1, with DS2 they just showed up more but didn't seem to be more of them, just more prominent.
With this pregnancy so far I have only gotten one tiny mark right where my belly button piercing was (way before DS1). And I am way bigger this time than I was with either of my last pregnancies. My mom got them horribly on her stomach with me & my brother but my grandma didn't get any at all. So maybe I will escape this last pregnancy without too many more than I already have.

March 15th, 2013, 05:30 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any. I'm convinced that my skin has been slowly stretching for years because of weight gain/loss and that is why I have been lucky. I gain and lose weight all the time so I feel like my body is used to it and is already stretched out. But I delivered DS at 37 weeks so maybe if I carry this baby longer I won't escape again?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search