Diaper Bag Question

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite? I need a new one suitable for two kids and cloth diapers. And Im not looking to pay a crazy price for it.

I hate carrying a purse so this is my least favorite part. With DD I switched between a cheap one pocket bag anda backpack. But Id like to be a little more organized this time so pockets (inside and out) would be nice.

Opinions?

March 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Honestly - no clue! I'm interested to see what people say though!

March 14th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran
I never bothered with a diaper bag. I could never understand why you see these women struggling with giant bags filled with a whole nursery full of stuff... especially for a 10 min doctors appointment.

I carry a regular size purse with a couple of diapers and a little box of wipes and a wetbag (for cloth diapers) and a small chaning pad maybe. i usually keep a couple of diapers in the car, and usually we have a box of wipes in the car anyway.

what else could i possibly need-desperately????
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

March 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a petunia pickle bottom, the back pack kind. Absolutely love it, they can get pricey but I found one at Marshall's for $65 when I was pregnant with Penni. I love that I can wear it as a back pack because when you are chasing a toddler the last thing you want is to be balancing a bag on your shoulder lol. It's pretty roomy so I was always able to carry several cloth diapers as well as extra outfits along with my normal purse stuff. A few friends that do cloth have jujube and also love those, the kind that also turns into a back pack.
MommysPocket likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I tried to carry as little as possible also. But DD threw up a lot so we always had multiple burp clothes and a change of clothes in her bag (and in the car). Mix that with cloth diapers and wipes and it all seems so bulky. I haven't been able to find a purse that kept thing organized (DH request). I liked the back pack best because I just threw everything in there but it drove him nuts because he couldn't find anything lol.

March 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I bought a large bag from Victoria Secret this time, it's like a beach bag that is thick clothe material. I am using it for my hospital bag now, and diaper bag after she's born. I also have a 4 year old & 5 year old so the big bag will be helpful for bringing extra snacks & things for them.
The only downside I see is that there is only one small pocket inside. But the size seems perfect. I'm excited to use it. Oh! And I carry a small purse so when I go out of the house with the diaper bag I can just drop my purse into the bag & it all fits.
MommysPocket likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last time I got one from etsy.com...one of the quilted, monogrammed ones. I liked it pretty well...it had inner & outer pockets, wasn't too big, and it came with a changing pad and wipes case, I think. I'm probably going to get something similar this time.
MommysPocket likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have used a backpack with several different pockets to keep things a little more organized. I think it had 4 pockets total. I'm sure I'll get use of that again. I have a Vera Bradley tote I use currently for my "purse" It is open at the top and doesn't zipper though. I wish it did. I bought a Vera Bradley Miller Bag for a bag this time. It is huge. I have 3 kids though and cloth diapers. I need something to put my daughters ballet stuff on ballet class days and we have karate 3 days a week I need things to keep her occupied while my son is doing his thing. The older kids always need snacks, we have our thermos or whatever for drinks. I keep a bottle or cup of water with me. I always need a larger bag, we often take off for the day and I need the days worth of activities with me sometimes including lunch...
Kennydra and MommysPocket like this.

March 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never took mine out of the car. I just kept 1 or 2 diapers & a small pack of wipes in my purse, so for CDing, I can't offer advice. My mom got me a new one though, and it's so cute that I'll want to use it. She got it at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for much less than it was on Amazon.
MommysPocket likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH got a perfect backpack at a work conference he went to, so that's what we used, and plan to use again. It's kind if square-shaped and really roomy, with several sections inside, several outside pockets, and even a spot to hold a drink. I also like that it's just black (with some sponsor logos on it from the conference, but I don't care!), so DH doesn't mind carrying it at all. It's really durable, too.

I guess that's not much help since I can't tell you how or where to buy one like it, but I do love it!
MommysPocket likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 04:34 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
BF bought his own (he's very particular about his bags & clothes, etc.) and he wanted to pick out his own bag so he ordered one from Diaper Dudes & it is a Beatles: Yellow Submarine themed messenger bag. He seems to love it so far but then again he hasn't had the chance to use it yet either. Lol
MommysPocket likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 04:57 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't use a traditional diaper bag. I have a Gwen Stefani designed messenger bag I use. It's Harajuku so it has a fun print and is canvas so it's washable.
MommysPocket likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I didn't think about Checking out TJ Maxx. I only ever carry a big wallet and then I have an organizer caddy thing in the car that holds DD activities and snacks and we just grab out of that.

Thanks ladies! I def think Ill look for a back pack again but maybe one that opens better or has more pockets.

March 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Duo-D...rds=diaper+bag

this one is on sale right now in black. It is the same bag I got at my shower, but I have not actually used it, so I can't comment oh how useful it actually is...

March 14th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also carry a big wallet and I take that with me when I go into the grocery store or what have you. I never carry my bag into a store BUT I do when we go to the playplace, the Y, playdates, library etc and so on. I do love a backpack because it IS nice to not have something falling off your shoulder when you bend down.

March 15th, 2013, 05:24 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/Catalo.../27/index.html

I got this one in a neutral beige with polka dots and I might have it monogrammed after we decide on a name for sure. I love all the pockets. I can definitely see the advantage of a backpack, but I don't ever feel comfortable carrying one unless its a day trip to an amusement park or zoo, ect. Most days I will just use this bag and throw my wallet into it. They also have a coordinating pattern insulated pouch that I got for bottles, snacks, ect. And I bought a beige changing pad thing at Babies R Us. I really wanted a Coach diaper bag that I found online but couldn't bring myself to pay $300.....
March 15th, 2013, 06:18 AM
I have that 31 bag and was thinking about using it but I don't like that the top doesn't close. Maybe I can add a zipper to it? Our is the black floral print with a hot pink monogram do its pretty girly lol.

March 15th, 2013, 06:58 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm also on the hunt for a good diaper bag for 2 kids. I will definitely have 2 in diapers at the same time so I need, at a minimum, 3 interior pouches - 2 for 2 different-sized diapers and 1 for wipes. A couple other pockets are fine, and a few pockets on the outside. I'll have to look at the links some of you ladies have posted. I also don't want to spend a fortune, but it HAS to be gender-neutral. I'm not crazy about a backpack when they're this young, since almost always, I will be using the stroller anyhow and will just throw the bag in there.

March 15th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Super Mommy
I got a Vera Bradly one simply bc I love Vera. I couldn't tell you how well it will work just yet. lol. For all I know it could really be useless!! Haha!
MommysPocket likes this.
March 16th, 2013, 07:24 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I just realized that two of the dads that I babysit for (SAHDs) use LLBean messenger/shoulder bags. I just took a quick look and there are some good options! I like this one especially.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64448...-messenger-bag
MommysPocket likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search