This makes day 4...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of a constant headache that will not budge with tylenol. After 24 straight hrs I called the doc and they sent me to l&d to monitor my BP and the baby. My BP was a little elevated but not as high as it has been and my urine came back with no traces of protein. Baby was tolerating everything just fine so we came back home after an hour of monitoring. The Dr suggested that maybe it was just a tension headache and that I should stay in a dark, quiet place. It is driving me nuts, the headache has just camped out. I normally have really bad allergies and when they are flared I have a piercing headache behind either eye, this has not been the case this time around. I need something stronger than tylenol, my body laughs at tylenol.

Sorry, had to vent a little.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had a super trick to tell you. I suffered from horrible headaches/weekly migraines for almost 4 years but during both pregnancies they have gone away. Hope you start to feel better!

March 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Highly recommend a chiropractor, try a heat back on your neck/ shoulders and a cool patch on your head. That sounds miserable, hope you can get some relief
March 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better. That does sound miserable! I so miss being able to take things other than Tylenol too

March 15th, 2013, 10:49 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry! Hope you can find some kind of relief soon...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I sucked it up and got out of the house for a bit. We took the boys to ride their bikes, my youngest just started riding without training wheels yesterday. I sat in hubby's truck and watched them today. It temporarily made me forget about the headache, maybe the fresh air and sunshine helped a bit. It's still lingering but not as fierce.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Veteran
I get a lot of headaches but have been lucky while pregnant. Tylenol doesn't cut it. Glad its a little better. I use cold pac on my head too. Hope you are feeling better soon!

March 15th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i hope you feel better!
March 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Veteran
This happened to me a few weeks ago and after 4 days my OB prescribed me fioricet. It is caffeine, tylonol, and a barbiturate. I know a few other women who have taken it while pregnant and let me tell you - I was in hell for 4 days with a migraine and one fioricet took care of it completely. I didn't want to take it at first but I just was in so much pain and unable to function. I hope you're able to find some relief soon!

March 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
When I had a migraine for a few days, my doc gave me codine.

March 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
If its still there Monday I will call and ask my Dr for something.

Mommy to 4 boys

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search