Scary trip to L&D last night...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Veteran
Whew I've got to vent to you ladies about what happened yesterday!!

Little missy moves a LOT. Like, a ton. And she's very visible. Everyone in the room can see my belly move, it's pretty awesome. I feel her quite often, and if I haven't felt her in a while, all I have to do is sit down and she starts kicking--and for the past few weeks her kicks have been really painful--nothing you can ignore, that's for sure. Well, yesterday, I realized I hadn't felt her move in hours, even though I'd been sitting down working at my computer. My heart dropped when I realized this, but of course I thought "maybe I just wasn't noticing?" So I sat down. Nothing. Laid down on my side, then back, then other side. Nothing. Drank ice water, ate something sugary... nothing. By this point another hour has gone by, so in total I haven't felt little missy move in FOUR hours. That's never happened, not even at night when I'm sleeping--she always wakes me up. My doctor had asked me to go in if I felt any decrease in fetal movement, since we've been dealing with low amniotic fluid. So my husband and I jumped in the car and drove to L&D. The whole twenty minute drive there, I felt nothing.

We got there and they took me in right away. The nurse was nice enough, but all business. She strapped me up and couldn't find a heartbeat. And couldn't find it. She had to move the monitor six times before she got a heartbeat. The second she found the heartbeat, I lost it... I started bawling my eyes out! I have never heard a sweeter sound than my little girl's heartbeat at that moment. It was so scary, you guys.

They monitored me for an hour, and everything looked just fine! It was the weirdest, flukiest thing ever. The nurse said I did exactly what I was supposed to do, and to come back if it happened again. She was REALLY nice, and much more relaxed after she found the heartbeat. She said that sadly, she does see Moms lose their babies at this stage, and you just never know. Argh.

Today, baby girl is moving like always, no big deal. I am so, so, SO thankful. Anyway, I have never ever had to go in for anything like that before and it was definitely a little traumatizing--for me and my poor husband. Thanks for letting me share, I know you guys "get it".

March 15th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Super Mommy
Oh dear God!! I am so glad little miss is OK. Sorry she gave you a scare. **hugs**
March 15th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is awful. I know how scary that can be! I'm glad that you are better today!
March 15th, 2013, 09:16 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is pretty terrifying. I sometimes go a few hours before realizing I haven't felt the baby move, so I sit down or lay down and start poking at the little bugger and usually can get him/ her to wake up. But every time my heart is racing until I get strong kicks. Definitely get it, hugs.
March 15th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds scary. I am glad that you went in and that everything is okay.
March 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my, how terrifying. Those seconds where she couldn't find the heartbeat - I can't even imagine the horror you must've felt.

So glad everything's ok. Don't scare Mommy like that!!!!!!!
March 15th, 2013, 10:38 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Scary! Glad everything's okay!

March 15th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So so scary!! Glad all is well!!

March 15th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I would have rushed up there too!! My little one is the same way, constantly kicking and squirming around so if she stopped at her most active times I would worry
Like crazy! Not to mention if they couldn't find the heartbeat for so long!!!! Glad all is well
March 16th, 2013, 02:05 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Thank God that everything is okay. Hopefully she doesn't give you another scare like that.

March 16th, 2013, 02:20 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my...very scary! That is one of my worst fears, so I can only image how you must have felt! So glad she's ok!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 16th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Regular
These little babies can be trouble My little boy did something like this a few weeks ago. I called my doc and she had me come in to the office for a check. I laid back and she kept listening....nothing.... and so she kept pressing....nothing... so she had me turn over on my side... and sure enough he moved a little and was 156! I told him then he was grounded till he was 18! lol She told me it was bc he was running out of room (he is gonna be big) but then the next week I started having BP problems and last week the plan of action has changed. So now I get weekly ultrasounds/stress test! which always makes me feel better bc I can know what he is doing!!!
March 16th, 2013, 05:40 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
What a scary thing!! Glad that they found out everything was okay, though. Hope she doesn't give Mommy another scare like that!

March 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad everything is ok. It is scarey when you are not feeling the baby regularly.

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 16th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
That's so scary! So glad that everything is alright!
March 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can only imagine how scared you were! I'm so happy to hear everything is okay!
March 16th, 2013, 10:56 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
You poor thing! Unfortunately I know exactly how scary that is!! So glad baby is fine!!
March 16th, 2013, 04:52 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is the worst feeling in the world! I'm so glad everything is OK.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Veteran
Thanks you guys! I knew you all would understand.
My little stinker has been moving just fine since then... what a weird and awful experience. At the end of it, I asked the nurse if I had done the right thing (I guess I wanted to make sure I hadn't over-reacted) and she said absolutely. She goes, "honey, you can come in every day if you need to!" Haha. I was like... no, thanks! I do not want to experience that again. Definitely thankful the people at my birth center are so sweet, though. That made it easier for sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search