How do you get out of bed?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you manage to launch yourself out of bed in the morning (or middle of the night)?

I was rolling onto my hands and knees and then sort of crawling backwards off the bed and my husband laughed at me. No matter what I do now I am pretty sure that I have lost my grace, lol. This morning I tried pulling myself to the edge of the bed and then sort of rolling out with the help of gravity. That seemed to work okay.

Any other methods you are using?
March 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sort of rolling out of the bed. Super graceful, I'm sure! LOL
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I roll onto my side and use the pack and play next to the bed to help sit up. It's definitely become much more difficult lately!
MommysPocket likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I try to roll, sometimes I get stuck. Lol I try to push myself into a sitting position, again, doesn't always work. If I get stuck I have to ask BF to push me I the edge and help me roll off.

March 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just laughing at myself about this very thing last night. It's not pretty is it. I have a sorta rolling maneuver going on

March 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I've tried the leg swing maneuver... the log roll, the hands and knees, NOTHING seems to work well anymore.. so I just get out by any means necessary. I do not ask to be pushed/rolled because I *KNOW* I'll get laughed at. lol

March 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I sleep on the couch. So I just grab the back of the couch and haul myself upright, then turn around and stand up.

March 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
First I either have to flip my snoogle pillow out of the way and roll out or if I am feeling froggy I hurl myself over the pillow and roll off that way.
March 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Another roller here. Otherwise I'm not getting out of bed. Lol
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do the rolling onto my hands and knees and then crawl backwards to the end of the bed lol. My hips/pelvis KILL me at night especially so this seems to be the least painful way. We set up the crib and have it sidecarred to the bed so that's pretty much the easiest way for me at this point b/c I am definitely not attempting to climb over DH.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
I roll onto my side and use the pack and play next to the bed to help sit up. It's definitely become much more difficult lately!
This^ its much easier to have something I can pull on.

March 17th, 2013, 12:43 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't really have trouble getting out of bed, I just swing my legs over and stand up, but then I don't really lay down much I am usually sitting up. I have a much harder time getting off the couch because I have to stand UP while when I am getting off the bed I swing the legs over the edge and I and going DOWN to the floor.(My bed is really tall and my feet don't reach the floor when I am sitting on the edge of it.)

March 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Resorted to rolling off letting my feet hit first then turning the rest of my body to push up off the bed haha

March 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very slowly, I sort of rock a little till I can roll out. Lol!

March 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
very slowly. I feel like after I've sat or laid for a long period of time, then try to move, I get really bad cramps if I move suddenly. So, I sort of roll!!!
March 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I do the roll....lol!
March 17th, 2013, 02:51 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually sleep on my right side, so I use a momentum roll to do it. Knees up and over, feet down, and then use the force I've built up to swing the body upright to sitting. My bed is low, so the standing part isn't so bad.

I've also been known to get onto my side/belly to let my legs go out first while I am bent at the waist and then push my body upright to standing.

March 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Veteran
I roll and use gravity but also make sure my sheets are tucked in good so I can sometimes pull myself up with them.

March 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone remember the game Dr. Mario?? Well, I feel that I look like the virus bugs once they are defeated, kicking limbs around just TRYING to get off my back! I'm on the right side of the bed, but sleep facing my left. So, in my attempts to roll over to my right and off the bed I am usually stuck for several seconds on my back just trying to get all the way over. Watch the first 40 seconds of this video, and you will see what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAoHi-kG1o

I'm sleeping in my recliner more and more due to reflux and general discomfort. I'm usually back and forth the whole night (bed-recliner-bed-recliner).
Purple_cat and HalfDozen like this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I roll over on my right side so I'm facing the edge of the bed. Then, I hook a leg over the edge of the mattress and pull while pushing down on the mattress next to my right shoulder with my left hand to raise my upper body. Then I swing my feet onto the floor. It kinda happens all at once I guess. That seems to work pretty well to get me to a sitting position, then I just stand up from there.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search