St. Patrick's Day

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By mommywannabe
  • 1 Post By ashley22pa
  • 1 Post By melshaz@earthlnk.net
  • 2 Post By MapleGranola
  • 1 Post By linds2012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 10:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you celebrate in any way?

What are you doing today? Is it different from what you might be doing if you weren't pregnant?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are not doing anything special for St. Patrick's Day today. We wouldn't be doing anything different if I wasn't pregnant. Our daughter dressed herself in a Halloween outfit so I think she is in a festive spirit.
March 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not doing anything special for the holiday, but this is one of the only Sundays I've had in about 7 months were I haven't had to work or go somewhere, so we're kind of celebrating a day at home! I'm trying to make the most of it. We made cinnamon rolls this morning. Then I cleaned the fish tank, did dishes & laundry, and I'm scrubbing the kitchen from top to bottom. I'm taking a break to make lunch (ugh...more dishes already?!), and then maybe a quick trip to the grocery store.

March 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
If I wasn't pregnant I'd probably be nursing a hangover today. (Just being honest!)

But since I'm pregnant & we're not Irish...we're having a relaxing day at home with my boys. We've watch some cartoons & a movie, BF did grocery shopping & now he's starting on a big dinner. We'll just spend the rest of the day doing some housework & hanging out together

March 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommywannabe View Post
If I wasn't pregnant I'd probably be nursing a hangover today. (Just being honest!)

But since I'm pregnant & we're not Irish...we're having a relaxing day at home with my boys. We've watch some cartoons & a movie, BF did grocery shopping & now he's starting on a big dinner. We'll just spend the rest of the day doing some housework & hanging out together
I agree with the nursing a hangover part! I'm Irish so I definately enjoy celebrating St. Patty's Day! It's worth sacraficing for baby boy though, and I'll make up for it next year! Instead I am cleaning and getting the last of my school stuff done (I'll be completely done March 26), so i can relax for a bit before baby comes!
mommywannabe likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

TTC # 2 August 2014!

March 17th, 2013, 11:20 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see, I'm sitting at my FIL's trying to 'take it easy' ugh, I have so much to do and no one will let me do it, but I know I need to do what is best for my little girl so I am behaving myself. My in-laws always make corned beef and cabbage on St. Patty's Day so we will probably have that. And I would also probably be nursing a hangover if I wasn't pregnant.

March 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't ever really do anything special. And so far today I've done very little. After breakfast, I played witb Grace for a bit, then we all snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie (and I fell asleep) . I did get up and start the dishwasher and did some straightening up and laundry. That's probably the extent of my day!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are Irish so we always have a big Irish feast. The Guiness-soaked brisket is in the crockpot now, soda bread done and potatoes to come later. The only thing I would be doing differently if I wasn't pregnant is drinking!
mommywannabe likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't do anything terribly exciting. I have been puttering around the house just taking care of regular stuff, everyday kid mess. Ive got beef stew in the crockpot - not unusual for a Sunday here and I'm about to make some meatballs for the freezer. Hubby cleaned it out and it is ready to be stocked. We hadn't really been using the deep freeze lately. Just a regular Sunday here. The leprechauns did stop by the house of course for the kids and left them some funny headbands and crazy straws and they sprinkled rainbow and gold coin confetti about. No green pancakes or anything this year, this momma is feeling a bit lazy : /

March 17th, 2013, 01:32 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Nothing unusual here for today. Wouldn't be doing anything different if I wasn't pregnant. DH and I don't drink alcohol and he doesn't eat corned beef so those are both out. I am eating a pint of mint ice cream which is green
jen747 and nameetog like this.

March 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We're not Irish so it's not a big deal to us. We don't really do anything, on a normal basis, for St. Patrick's Day so today is no different.

March 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had corned beef hash (and eggs and toast) for breakfast at my parents' house where we were visiting. We listened to Irish music and I wore a green shirt. Then I made "bangers n mash" aka sausages and mashed potatoes for dinner and we toasted "slainte" at dinner. The hubs tried to pick up some Guiness of something at the corner, but they had none so he had to settle for normal Shipyard beer. Oh well.

If I weren't pregnant it would have been almost exactly the same except I would ahve for sure had some Irish beer and I would have had one or maybe two with dinner/in the afternoon. No going out or anything for us! If we had been home, I might have checked out the parade downtown- I think the kiddo and I did that last year.

March 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I LASTED ALL DAY!!!!! My extended family has a big tradition. We live near one of the largest parades on the country, and we always sit in the same location, and its TONS of fun!!! However, it is 5 hours of being stuck on the street since the roads are closed. I not only survived the parade, but then put in two hours at my uncles house for the after party!!! Only thing different: I was sober! Such a great day though! It was DFs first parade day with my family and I think he actually enjoyed it, other than the standing in the cold for so long...

March 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
I had my maternity pictures done today! Definitely wouldn't have been doing that if I wasn't pregnant!
HalfDozen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search