National Geographic

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 10:46 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Is anyone else feeling very "National Geographic" lately? Ugh. I am seriously sick of seeing my body when I get in the shower or get dressed. BF took a picture of me at DS' basketball game yesterday while I was sitting down & my stomach was resting on my lap & my boobs were resting on my stomach!! I told him to not take anymore pictures, especially of me sitting!! I won't let BF see me undress either. There's no reason to scar him anymore before the actual birth of the baby.

In related news....BF called me "Big Sexy" last night. Yes...Big....Sexy.....
I didn't know whether to laugh or punch him.

March 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahah yeah I'm feeling the same way. Just add in my GIGANTIC bumpy nipples. I don't hide from DH though.. we both must suffer!
March 17th, 2013, 11:15 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I broke down asking DH how he could still find me attractive because I don't feel pretty at all right now.

March 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby is pretty good about making sure I know he still finds me attractive, even at this point. Sometimes he sticks his foot in his mouth, but he does it in a sweet way I guess lol. The one day he told me that this baby was going to be huge b/c of how big my stomach was and that I was getting "as big as a house" I told him "thanks hon" and he said "well it's a sexy house!" . That and he likes to rub my belly and call me his "little offensive lineman" or his "little Shaun Rogers"

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, it can be tough yo feel good about the way you look at this point. I actually feel better about things this time, but at a certain point, it's probably inevitable to feel huge & less attractive.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband noticed today that my boobs are resting on top of my belly. We both laughed and I said, "yeah at this point I pretty much lookalike a fertility deity!"
Sneetch likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
YES!!

March 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was actually feeling OK until just a day or so ago. I've crossed that line where I'm pretty uncomfortable, getting out of bed is very difficult and yeah sexy?? Not.so.much. My husband is pretty good about saying the right things most of the time but my kids say things all the time that just make me shake my head and laugh thinking it's a good thing I you are cute and I love you ; )

March 17th, 2013, 01:30 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm feeling pretty good about myself still but I also don't look 37 weeks pregnant. DH does really well at saying things to make me feel better about myself as well. I am beyond uncomfortable all night though and want to just cry every time I wake up hurting a lot.

March 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe

Took this earlier. I am just so uncomfortable....I have never been this uncomfortable & don't remember being close to this big with either of the boys.

March 17th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol i would probably laugh at a comment like that hehe.. Yeah walking by a mirror I keep thinking "holy cow I'm huge!" Dh is super sweet though and still says I look good or sexy or whatever lol
March 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
He tells me everyday that I'm beautiful & sexy & so on. But it's hard to believe when I see myself naked. Haha

I did make the mistake of grabbing a mirror & checking out my lady bits last night. I have never felt so swollen in my life! Not even after giving birth two times before. So I wanted to know what was going on down there. BIG mistake. Now all I feel is sorry for my OB who has to look at it. Aye aye aye

March 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This made me laugh, because the other day I was looking at my naked self in the mirror and I said to DH, "I just look so... tribal."
March 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommywannabe View Post

I did make the mistake of grabbing a mirror & checking out my lady bits last night. I have never felt so swollen in my life! Not even after giving birth two times before. So I wanted to know what was going on down there. BIG mistake. Now all I feel is sorry for my OB who has to look at it. Aye aye aye
OMG! This made me snort!!

We own no mirrors that are easy to grab and use like that in this house. Thank God.

March 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
This totally made me LOL!

March 18th, 2013, 03:53 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
My baby belly doesn't bother me (except when I try to bend over), its the swelling in my face and nose that I HATE!!!! My nose has spread like crazy, even DH notices it now. I feel like Miss Piggy!! I told my best friend that and she said "well if you feel like a pig, at least its Miss Piggy because she always looked fabulous and she knew it"! Wish I felt more fabulous about my fat face.
March 18th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Veteran
We had a second birthday party for my DS this past weekend and yes, my giant stomach is in like every picture lol. UGH! I also made the mistake of looking at my parts down there last night!!! Just like you I felt sooooooooooooooooooo swollen and I was like what is going on - it is unrecognizable!!! It kind of freaked me out lol. This pregnancy is NOTHING like my first. I can't really fathom everything going back to normal but I hope it gets close at least....

March 18th, 2013, 05:54 AM
I know after my second pregnancy everything DID go back to normal. So, try to take some comfort in that if you can. Our bodies can do amazing things & do tend to "bounce back". However, I am freaked out about this third pregnancy!! Even BF said last night "Your body is never gonna be the same is it?" Ugh!!! I tried telling him that when he says things like that it hurts my feelings because I'm already freaked out about it & he asked why everything has to turn into my feelings being hurt, why is everything about how hormonal I am? Uumm!!!!!! What!?!?
I wanted to tell him that if I was making cracks about all the weight HE has gained since I got pregnant that it would probably bother him like it bothers me when he tells me how big I am. But I didn't. I kept my mouth shut because I don't want him to feel bad about himself, and his weight gain doesn't bother ME. But when he looks at my stomach and says "D@mn baby!!!" It just kind of cuts ya know?
Oh well. I'm trying not to be too sensitive & just keep thinking it's worth it.....and once she gets here I'll be way more motivated to get skinny again!!

March 18th, 2013, 07:35 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get suuuuuper chubby when pregnant. I was in excellent shape before I got pregnant because my wedding was not long before I got pregnant. I also love to work out. So it's tough for me to gain so much weight too. But last time, it allll came off without even trying. I'm really hoping for the same thing to happen again.

As for your BF, just tell him even if he doesn't mean it, the comments hurt. OH NEVERMIND, you already did that. Hm... men can be so insensitive!

BTW, you look amazing.. you're all belly. Me? I'm all chins 'n' back fat.
March 18th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Veteran
I'm so uncomfortable, I feel like I'm huge this pregnancy and everyone else says how small I look. My ultrasound last week had baby measuring at 8lb7oz so that would be my biggest baby yet, I hope the ultrasound is off! I don't feel attractive at all! For awhile it was fun to be able to rock a cute pregnant belly, now it sucks. I have even went to wearing sports bra's all the time because they are so much more comfortable than regular bra's. Oh and to the ladies who said their breast sit on their belly, mine of so big and flat as a pancake right now, they just go to the sides of my belly and sit in my armpits! Oh to have perky boobs! Oh and another huge mistake, we have a body mirror in our room and it just so happens to sit by the closet. Every time I have to roll and figure out how to get to bed I get to look directly in this mirror and see this huge elephant trying to get out of bed! I get to look at this at least 5 times a night, lol! Fortunately my dh is amazing and is always telling me how great I look and loves to rub me and make me feel better.

We are almost done ladies! So close!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search