Ultrasound Today

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
So, i went for an ultrasound this morning trying to determine baby's position. As suspected, the baby is breech. No shock there! I now know that its head is at my upper ride side (I wasn't sure before if it was a head or butt). The butt is to my left side, and the feet are the only thing lower in my abdomen, which is not the best news, from what I understand. She told me the heart rate was 126, which is a little lower than what it has typically been, but she also told me they only measure one beat of the heart so I'm not too concerned about that.

She couldn't get a picture of the face because baby is facing my back. She went through and did measurements of various body parts since they haven't seen me for an ultrasound since November. Everything, of course, was measuring larger than I should be. Also no shock there. However, the head was the largest of those, measuring at over 40 weeks. I know these ultrasound measurements can be off so I'm trying not to worry too much about it. She told me she could see hair so we know baby won't be bald. And she said it's definitely still a boy. The last thing she told us was that it was coming up with 7 lbs, 12 oz for a weight as of right now. I'm rather hesitant to believe that since they told me my last one was 9 1/2 pounds about 10 days before I had her, and she only ended up being 8. She did tell us that ultrasounds are pretty good at predicting weight of "average" babies, but not the larger ones and that you might think it would be opposite that, but it's not. Guess we shall see. The midwife told me at my last appointment that she suspected around 8 pounds full term so I'm more inclined to buy that.

The tech wasn't overly chatty so I didn't get as much information as I would have hoped, and she kind of made me feel like she was holding back on something. So, now I sit on pins and needles waiting for my midwife's office to call because I just felt like there was something she wasn't telling me. I know if they call me before they release my results, it's something concerning. If they just go ahead and release the results (I get notified via e-mail), then all is well.

March 18th, 2013, 07:42 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, sorry the baby is breech, as you suspected. Here's hoping he manages to turn himself around somehow. Hopefully you'll get your results soon, and with only good news.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hoping for only good news!! Do they think he can still turn??
March 19th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There's still time for baby to flip! Here's hoping it will do just that very soon!
March 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
Hoping that you get good news and that baby decides to turn.
March 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I'm sure he still has time to turn. I was a week further along last time when they decided to do an ultrasound based on where they thought she was. They were certain she was breech at the exam, then the ultrasound she was head down. 10 days later, when they decided to induce me, she was breech again. They scheduled a version for the next morning before re-starting induction, but she was head down again by then so we didn't need to do one.

I still haven't had the results of the ultrasound released. My mom is here visiting and went along with us yesterday. She thinks the woman just wasn't overly chatty. I mentioned it to my husband last night, and he agreed with my mom. He thinks I'm being paranoid. Perhaps! My oldest said it would be hilarious if an alien came out of my stomach, to which Dad said, "Please don't say that to your mother. That is her worst fear - that something is wrong with this baby." He's right. I won't rest easy until baby is born, and we can see that everything is okay. I know it's probably irrational, but what can I say? I think these are fairly normal motherly concerns.

However, I did finally get notification on the Strep B results from last week, and I tested negative this time. I am thrilled with that since I was positive last pregnancy. The midwife just put a note on them that I could look forward to no antibiotics in labor, and we would try to turn the baby on April 2nd, as scheduled. I looked into the spinning babies website last night, but I'm not so keen on the idea of putting myself on an ironing board. I just have a feeling it will spell disaster for me as I go sliding right off of it. I will try some other things, though. My hope is that if I can't get him to turn, the OB can on the 2nd, and all will go forward as planned.

March 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
I think these are fairly normal motherly concerns.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
I looked into the spinning babies website last night, but I'm not so keen on the idea of putting myself on an ironing board.
Yikes! That doesn't sound safe. I've only looked at the spinning babies website a few times, and not in great detail, but I've definitely heard good things. I've never heard/seen anything about an ironing board, though!

March 19th, 2013, 08:48 AM
^They recommend doing the "breech tilt" for around 20 minutes. They said you can use a wooden plank or an ironing board, but it's supposed to be propped against a sturdy piece of furniture. And then you are inverted on it for that time period. I just can't imagine that my cheapie Target ironing board is sturdy enough to 1)hold my weight and 2)not go flying. I suppose it would be great if we had inversion exercise equipment, but that would imply that exercising occurs at our house.

March 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search