Spring Break

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 08:02 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are in school or have school-aged kids, when is/was Spring Break? What will/did you do?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Here in the ridiculous Northeast, we don't exactly have spring break (which I hate). Hubby and I both grew up in the Midwest, where you were off either the whole week before Easter or Good Friday and the week after Easter. It was so much easier to know when spring break would be.

Here, we have a week-long break in February AND a week-long break in April, usually at the end of each of those months. Awful!!!! Anyhow, we probably don't have any plans for the April break since baby will be pretty new. I had hoped to go home to visit, but my oldest will still have softball games that week so that will likely be out. I'm sure we'll think of something to do local on the few days that we won't have anything on the schedule.

March 19th, 2013, 08:55 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ Interesting! February seems like an odd time for a break, for sure. Our Spring Break here is usually sometime in March, although occasionally it might be as late as the first week of April. I have no idea how it's determined. Most of the elementary schools here are on Spring Break this week. Our pharmacy school (and my student employees) were on break the week before last.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter's school has it over Easter weekend. They were supposed to be off Thurs, Fri, and Mon. But they had a snow day last month & one yesterday, so they'll make them up during that time. So one day off (Good Friday) is all we'll have for spring break.

March 19th, 2013, 09:52 AM
My kids have break the first week of April....well, half day of school on Good Friday and then the whole week off.

Since I am due the following week, we will just be staying home. I am praying the weather will be nice so they can go out back and get some energy out.
March 19th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've lived here in MA/NH my whole life so Feb and April vacations are all I have ever known. We get a week off in both Feb and April. It is basically a week off every 6 weeks starting in Dec till school gets out in June. I actually scheduled my section around April vacation. My husband will take care of the kids the week before while I am in the hospital then I'll be home in time to have his help for the weekend and settle in all of us then he'll go back to work and I have vacation week to adjust to life with 3 before I need to start doing bus stop, pick up line etc again. Now, baby just needs to get the memo and not come a moment earlier although a day or so won't mess us up too bad but no March or first week of April baby here thankyouverymuch

March 19th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I live in NJ we get off at my district the week before Easter. My children get off the week after. It's based on "religious" majority in the schools from what I understand. Depending on which holiday the majority celebrates determine which week it falls on. I will have off next week though so I am excited. I am scheduled to work the week after and then go out on leave...Hope I make it!
March 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
My kids had their spring break last week. This year we didn't do anything special over spring break.
March 19th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I both teach, and we have off the week after Easter. I'm due at the end of spring break, so we won't be going anywhere. DH is taking 4 days off after spring break (we have 4 day school weeks), so he will have 17 days off over spring break...pretty good deal considering he's only using 4 personal days. He has accrued the most personal days he can, so the district said he might as well use them.

March 19th, 2013, 08:59 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week is spring break for us. I have James in a morning program at a community center, and so far, our afternoons have been going to the park, errands, coloring, or watching TV.. Pretty usual stuff. I don't have much energy..
March 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Spring Break here starts with Good Friday and then the entire week following Easter. DH and I planned a trip to Disney World that DS was really looking forward to. Luckily my parents have agreed to take him so he will still get to have his fun vacation and spend some special time with them. I am bummed though. Not only am I missing my vacation, I am working that week since I will be home. Blah.... But DH said we will do some fun things together after work and make the most of our alone time. We have already planned another Disney trip in December for both kids, which makes it a little better
March 20th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mommy :)
We are on Spring Break this week (I teach) and we have had lazy days at the house, played outside, went to park, today I am taking them to the grandparents/great grandparents (they live next door to each other), Saturday is my shower and Sunday is my best friends little boy's 3rd birthday.

Tomorrow I may take the girls to movies and ice cream

Here everyone seems to split up weeks for spring break. The colleges were last week, ours this week, and our neighboring county is next week.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search