Scratchy scratch itch itch!!!!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~AmazedByYou~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
I got the dredded "pregnancy rash" on my bump!!!! Oh its driving me insane!! It itches sooooo bad i just want to rip my skin off!! The sad thing is my skin is so stretched my tummy is numb to the touch, so i can itch and scratch and cant get relief because i can't feel myself doing it! The only thing that happens is if i scratch to hard it burns underneath my skin! Then its really miserable! Going to go see if i cant find some sort of topical something or other to help!!
March 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no I am so sorry! Try making a paste with baking soda and water and spreading that on your tummy to see if that gives you any relief. I had PUPPS in my last pregnancy and it was miserable. Hopefully your rash clears up quickly!
March 19th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a rash when pregnant with my first called PUPPPS. I wound up on steroids for it, however A EUCERIN anti-itch creme really helped also. It was better than some of the prescriptions.
March 19th, 2013, 02:43 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had something like that last time. MISERABLE! I'm sorry. Hydrocortisone and moisturizers helped some. Coconut oil might also help. It cleared up after delivery.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boo! Maybe some coconut oil? That what I use on DD eczema. Hope you feel better soon!

March 19th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I picked up some cream that is vitamin E, aloe and has hydrocortozone in it. Said that it can be used to treat diaper rash, so i am assuming it will be ok on the baby bump
March 20th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there!
March 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Have you called the doctor to make sure it's not something else? like cholestasis?
jen747 likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 02:17 AM
I saw her on thursday and she said that it is PUPPS
March 28th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I had PUPPPs my last pregnancy. Used oatmeal baths, colloidal lotions but the only thing that helped it go dormant was using a low steroid cream for a week on it (prescription). I had it from 14 weeks - 20 weeks and it popped back up towards the the last month.

I find the lotion from St. Ives for Elastin Collagen really helps by applying it twice a day or whenever I am itchy. Just know that the more you itch, the more it spreads. :-p

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search