We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Had my check up today. I am still dilated to 3cm (that hasn't changed since last week) but I am now between 80 & 90% effaced! Baby girl is definitely down in my pelvis but she hasn't dropped down completely yet, still kind of high.
My OB is on vacation this week (!!!!!!!) and he should be back some time this weekend. So today I saw the physicians assistant. She is great & I really like her. But when I told her I intended to rest up until Sunday (when I'm 37 weeks) and then I'd be going on a long walk, she told me to wait until Monday. I said no!!! Hahahaha She said my dr would never forgive her if she told me to go walking on Sunday and had the baby before he was back to the office. Haha I told her I am done done done. But BF was there & he had said he wanted me to wait until after Monday so he could wrap some things up at work. So now he's watching me even closer & said I'm not allowed out of the house on Sunday. Hehe
soooooo, if she is still in there on Monday I will be out and about, walking this baby out!
She is sounding healthy & I am measuring perfectly, BP is great & Group B Strep is negative. Everything is perfect....just time to see when Miss Q is ready to join us out here! <3
I tried to use walking to jump start labor with DD and made the mistake of walking to far from home, lol. Luckily DH was with me and there were places I could stop. This time Im going to stick to laps around the block lol. Can't wait to see what happens!
The rush? I'm miserable. And I've been trying to make sure she doesn't come before 37 weeks since my body has been giving me cause for concern for months now. And on bedrest since about 34 1/2 weeks to try and slow down the dilation & effacement. But I was given the "all clear" by my OB once I hit 37 weeks. His exact words were "Once you get to 37 weeks, I don't care WHAT you do!!" DS1 was born at 38 weeks & DS2 was born at 37 1/2 weeks. All I had to do was go for a walk & my body kicked me into labor. So on Monday...I will be walking. I'm over being pregnant & my OB told me he has no problem with her coming once we hit that marker.
Of course, there's always the possibility that she will decide to come before Monday! Or she could decide to stay put for another 3 weeks! But taking a long walk will either help my body do what it is ready to do already, or it will do nothing besides help me take a good nap if my body isn't ready. It's not like I'm trying to get them to induce in the hospital or schedule a convenience c-section. Just gonna take a long walk. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.