so NOT done yet

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems a lot of women are feeling really "over it", anyone else not at that point? I mean don't get me wrong I'm uncomfortable, not sleeping well, tired all the time and all those things etc. It seems just getting out of bed gets me out of breath, and honestly I don't know how much bigger I can get. But with all that I still don't feel "done" or "over it". I know that baby will come when he/she is ready, I feel blessed that my body is able to carry a baby to term, premie is a big fear of mine. I know that these last few weeks are crucial for brain development and I'm glad to give my baby the opportunity to benefit from it. Anyone else still gladly pregnant?
March 21st, 2013, 02:43 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
I'm determined to let George bake for as long as she needs to bake...but HECK YES I am so over it! LOL.

If she needs to stay put until 42 weeks, she'll stay put until 42 weeks. Doesn't mean I gotta be happy about it, though.

March 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
^^ ditto ! I'm over it but want her to bake till she's ready!

March 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would love an Easter baby as I am due the 29th! BUT I am completely effaced and 2 1/2 cm and baby's head is engaged. My body is trying to go into labor on its own but it doesn't know how to finish the game. SO I am gearing up trying to help my body do what it needs to do naturally before I get forced into an unwanted induction. I think i have tried every method now ever invented throughout my 6 pregnancies and for real, NOTHING works if your baby/body isnt ready. Every night just about, I start contractions that will get to about 6 mins apart for an hour or so and then they go away... SO annoying! So yes, baby can bake as long as she needs to, but my dang BODY is what I'm fed up with! LOL!
Cortney6983 likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'm enjoying these last few weeks and the bond being between me and baby, once baby is here I know I'll have to share and let others hold him/her and others will bond with my baby. These are the last few weeks I'll ever have where it's just me and baby and I'm trying to savor it, especially since it might be our last.
March 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not over it. Yes I've had some problems, been in the hospital, but I am loving being pregnant. I feel great, yeah I'm a little slower than normal, and get tired more easily, but I am loving it. I want my LO to stay put for at least a couple more weeks, partly because I know it will be better for her, partly because that is when my mom will be able to more easily get away to come down here, but a lot of has to do with I'm just don't want to be done yet. Now that said I don't want to go way over but if I do I do.

March 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so with you!! Especially after my SIL just had such a teeny tiny baby. I'm just fine staying pregnant for another 26 days. I have a section scheduled so I have an "end date" so to speak maybe that is why it seems just fine for me still but yeah not over it yet. I am feeling huge, he's totally hanging out transverse and causing me pain, take my breath away pain but he can stay right where he is thankyouverymuch! I want a big FAT healthy baby I get to take home with me when I leave that hospital
~AmazedByYou~, *Anya* and Kennydra like this.

March 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not over it. For one thing, it's still early for me. And this pregnancy has been mild compared to my first, so I really can't complain. I know that this is probably my last, and I will miss it. And...I have so much to get in order at work right now. Overall, I'm still happily preggo, and might be ok with her being late. Ask me in a few weeks, though...lol!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling pretty anxious! I get what you're saying and appreciate it, and wish I felt a little more like you do. I wouldn't do anything to make him come early or anything, but if I'm being honest, you can lump me in with the "over it" crowd.

EXCEPT that these are the last few weeks that it's just my oldest and me. He's my little buddy. It has been the two of us for 6.5 years, so I'm feeling a little... I don't even know the word. Not sad. Nostalgic, I guess.
jen747 and plastikmom like this.
March 21st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I'm NOT done at all. Yes I would love for baby to be here and be able to cuddle him but I want him to come when he's ready. I'm ready for whenever labor happens, be it tomorrow or 2 weeks from now. I'm really not all that uncomfortable except for trying to sleep at night. All day long I'm pretty comfortable, I don't have a waddle and I'm able to still take the dog for a long fast walk twice a day.

March 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I'm not over it or done. I want her to stay in for a few more weeks at least. If she comes early I won't be upset because I'm so excited to finally see her and meet her. Yes, I feel miserable at times, but I do still love feeling her moving around inside me. I will miss that part. I love bonding with my husband while he holds my belly communicating with her. I don't think I'll miss being pregnant, but I'll stay pregnant for as long as she needs.
Cortney6983 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I'm not over it. Yes, just like everyone else, I am sore, short of breath, huge, and tired...but that's ok! I'd love to be able to brush my teeth without throwing up though! Like Sneetch said, my daughter has been my only priority for over 6 years, and I get emotional knowing that my attention & time will be divided soon, so I'm trying to enjoy the time we have now, just us. At the same time, I'm super excited to have another little love in my life & to be giving Brooklyn a brother too. I have a month til my edd, and that is going to fly by, so I definately won't wish any time away!

March 21st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm kind of torn.....I feel "over it" at times because I am SO uncomfortable right now and I get tired from doing the smallest tasks. I'm finding it extremely hard to keep up with everything that needs to be done right now. So in that sense I'm ready to be done with pregnancy. On the other hand I know that it's still a bit early and I realize that she needs more time to "bake". I'll also miss being pregnant in ways so I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks because she is my last baby and I won't get to experience pregnancy ever again.
March 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran
This is the part of pregnancy I love the most!!! I love my belly, I'm not puking anymore, and I just kind of relish in it. Part of me is hoping I go past my due date. Is that sick??
*Anya* and HalfDozen like this.

March 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieLMG View Post
This is the part of pregnancy I love the most!!! I love my belly, I'm not puking anymore, and I just kind of relish in it. Part of me is hoping I go past my due date. Is that sick??
lol no it's not sick, normal gestation period is 40-42 weeks I hope I go over too a bit so I can rest up after I stop nannying.
AngieLMG likes this.

Last edited by *Anya*; March 21st, 2013 at 04:44 PM.
March 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not over it. I love being pregnant and I will miss it when it is over. I carried my first daughter for 42 weeks and I think part of that was because I wasn't ready to be finished with pregnancy. This time I am hoping to have the baby before 42 weeks only because I think it improves my chances for a vbac.
HalfDozen likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I'm done. When she wants to come, she can come. Like I said before, I'm not trying to get induced or do anything to "force" her out. But I WILL start walking once I'm over 37 weeks & I will gladly give my body the little kick start it needs to get going. However, we all know if our bodies aren't ready, nothing will give it that kick start. (And sometimes even trying to help it along wont work if our bodies are stubborn)
But yes. At 8 months pregnant with my 3rd baby, having a 5yr old and a 4yr old.....I'm ready to be done being pregnant & start enjoying my complete family.

March 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
If this little guy would just move more often I wouldn't mind being pregnant at all. This past week or so I actually feel like I have gotten a second wind and am less tired and I'm pretty comfortable. However I am DONE with the stress of little man not moving and freaking me out. (As if the stress ends when they're born right?? Then I will just worry about other things)
March 21st, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually teared up at the doppler heartbeat the other day. I am not planning on anymore babies, so each and every appointment I am cherishing!!! I am not done at all...just not loving my comfort level....but I will gladly keep her over ever having a preemie again...The last time was awful leaving the baby at the hospital and having no choice but to come home...I don't ever want to do that again!
March 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am teetering on the edge of being done. I have my days, then remind myself this is the last time my body will carry a baby so I try to cherish it. This pregnancy has been the hardest on my body, I've been on and off of bedrest multiple times, had several scares and now my body just hurts all over. Throw in the sleepless nights (I know more sleepless nights are to come, but those are worth it and it is hard to keep my sanity.

So, I can't give a solid "Yes, I'm done"...but almost.

Mommy to 4 boys

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search