Looks like I'll be cutting in line here...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my 35.5 week appt and another u/s yesterday. Everything is looking super... except for that sneaky placenta that is solidly halfway over the cervix. Not that I expected it to move, but this was the first time I thought to ask just how far over it was. (I knew I was never complete previa, but I had no idea how partial to marginal my case was.)

At my last appointment 2 weeks ago, 39 weeks was talked about. Ok, I could deal with that if I had to go a little early.

Yesterday at the appointment, 38 weeks was put out there- she really doesn't want me going into labor on my own. She was going to call the hospital to pow wow with some other folks and call me.

TODAY I get a call from her directly (her nurse isn't in and figured she probably shouldn't have a stranger ring) to say they want to do 37 weeks. GAH! She really, REALLY doesn't want me going into labor on my own. BUT that's 11 days!!!! I'm so not ready! I have tons to wrap up at work, probably should get a new car seat, have no diapers, need to do some laundry, make the bed, mentally prepare...

To say I'm freaking out is an understatement.

I trust my OB. Baby is estimated at 5 lbs and some oz and has always looked fantastic on u/s. The risks involved with a ruptured placenta are NOT good, so to avoid that risk by avoiding labor happening on it's own is something I can wrap my head around. Just because last pregnancy I went to 42 weeks with no signs of labor is no reason to believe the same thing would happen again.

BUT... gah! I can deal with all my issues- I'm sure I can handle a week to tie up loose ends at work and get the house ready and get in the right headspace. I hate the idea of the unknown of how developed baby is. I know technology today is amazing and there is a really good chance that a delivery at 37 weeks will have a happy, healthy baby from the first instant. I just so hate the idea of having to led medicine step in for Mother Nature. (Though Mother Nature can be cruel... plenty of moms and babies have died through the years... there is a reason for modern medicine.)

SOOOOOO.... I'm waiting to hear about scheduling. I expressed my stress to my OB to let her know I'd love to wait until 38 weeks if at all possible, but I think they'll probably aim for April 2nd. (I refused April 1- no April Fools Baby if I can at all help it- none of this is funny!)

March 22nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow...that's soon! But definitely better to not take a risk. I'm glad all is looking well with the baby so far, and hopefully there will be no complications at all. But wow...11 days! Can't wait to find out if you've got a girl or a boy in there!
HalfDozen likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agree. They are recommending it as best for you and baby. Good luck, kup! So exciting you will meet your little one soon.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
Oh wow!! That is very soon!! I would be freaking out!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Wow! Yep, I'd be doing a complete freakout!!

March 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
YIKES!!! Thoughts and prayers are with you!
March 22nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is soon but also exciting! In some ways I think it would be nice to have a date set because I am a major procrastinator and that would make me get my act together. Are you going to take any time off work to get ready?
March 22nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
Are you going to take any time off work to get ready?
That would be a resounding HELL NO! I need every minute I can get next week (because I'm too busy today having a small freakout!) to finish things up, plus there isn't THAT much to do at home. Sure, I could fill my time making food for the freezer, folding small clothes, napping... but I'm better off sticking to routine. We have a MAJOR project that I've been working on for almost 2 years now that is launching the night of the 7th. I have a good chunk of stuff I need to wrap up for that and the idea of not being here makes my eye twitch.

March 22nd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
GAH!! I would be freaking out too. I cannot wait to hear if you have a girl or boy in there though!!

March 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow......not much longer!
March 23rd, 2013, 02:35 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! That is soon. Sorry its sooner then you would like, but as long as you and baby are fine that's all that matters! And I can not wait to find out of its a boy or a girl!!
March 23rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OOh so soon! I'd also be freaking out, but everything will be fine! Let us know what is decided, and try to relax...and get sh*t done!
March 23rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that "What are you talking about 37 weeks?" feeling ALLLLL too well.. *lol*

But when I had placenta previa they were talking about inducing me very early too. They don't want any pushing or baring down on that placenta in front of the baby. Thankfully mine corrected itself but I still ended up going in at 37 weeks.. GAH!

The great thing is your little baby will be here soon and I'm sure this will help you quickly wrap things up! Good luck!!
March 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I was stressed enough being induced after my due date J could t imagine having to do it all before. I def prefer not knowing the actual day.

March 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Veteran
Wow! So exciting and nerve racking!
jumping the timing up like that when you're not expecting it would def freak me out as well. Good luck getting everything done!
March 23rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Scary and exciting! I was thinking I would love an April fools baby but I've heard about people who actually have a birthday that day and I'd hate for someone to traumatize my baby with tricks all day! Lol!
March 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Oh boy!! That would definitely be a shocker for me. Obviously you know they are trying to protect both of you, but that would have put me having mine last week, and I certainly was NOT ready for that. I won't even be ready in 2 weeks, unless there is something that makes me get ready.

Hope you get everything wrapped up at work this week. And I'm definitely with you. They're doing a pool at work, and several people have said April 1st. That is one day I definitely do NOT want.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search