Eggplant and pineapple?!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 2 Post By kitt
  • 1 Post By Kennydra
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never heard that these thing are supposed to make you go into labor until a friend just told me. I laughed but then googled it and though it's not confirmed there seem to be a lot of stories that say it worked for them. This is hilarious to me because eggplant is one of my favorite things and so I have eaten it all through both pregnancies, pineapple too!

Anyone else hear about this crazy old wives tale?

March 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's one of those things that might give you a slight push when your body is already starting the process. I've been eating both those things through my whole pregnancy, and here we are 38 weeks and happily pregnant lol. Just like sex and walking, unless your body is already doing something it won't induce you
nameetog likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard of it and out of paranoia I haven't eaten pineapple at all for the whole pregnancy. Now that I am 37 weeks I had a few bites. Although I think I read you would have to eat 8 pineapples or something ridiculous for it to trigger labor. Last time I ate tons of fresh pineapple at the end to move things along and I still went to 42 weeks.
March 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Haha well it doesn't work. Just so you know. As I've said, I've tried everything in the world throughout all my pregnancies and nothing works when you have a stubborn body/baby. I ate half a pineapple last night along with 2 cups red raspberry tea and 1000mg evening primrose and even bounced around on the yoga ball for a few hours last night.. Nothing lol... I even "spoke" to my baby and told her it was safe to come out and told her about all the things i had for her and how many people couldnt wait to love all over her. She said no thanks, she's too comfy right now But at least I feel proactive in helping my body do what it needs to do.
March 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've also heard the anectodal stories about eggplant parmesean, especially. Of course, like others have said, I think your body has to be ready.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 22nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I made this recipe for Eggplant Parmigiana, which some women swear by, when I was pregnant with DS2 (I was 38.5wks and knew they were inducing me at 39 b/c of pre-e) and although I did have some good contractions after it didn't start labor for me. It was really super delicious though: Mothers to Be (Scalini's Eggplant Parmigiana)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 22nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennydra View Post
I made this recipe for Eggplant Parmigiana, which some women swear by, when I was pregnant with DS2 (I was 38.5wks and knew they were inducing me at 39 b/c of pre-e) and although I did have some good contractions after it didn't start labor for me. It was really super delicious though: Mothers to Be (Scalini's Eggplant Parmigiana)
HA! I did the exact same thing at the exact same time for the exact same reason with my last pregnancy... and got the exact same result. Too funny!

March 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered eggplant parmagiana the last two pregnancies and went into labor that night. Could be a coincidence, I'm sure it was....
kitt likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I know that most of these are old wives tales, but after tomorrow, I plan on doing every single possible thing. Tomorrow is DFs b-day, as well as my family shower, so ive been trying to avoid it, but DF and I are going to DTD, eat pineapple (I dont like eggplant), and go for a walk on sunday!!!

March 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well tonight I heard a new one. I was picking up my sushi order (don't worry, nothing that wasn't cooked) and the girl said "when are you due, any minute?!?" ( which made m feel huge ), then she said, "pizza and beer! That's what I heard gets the baby out!" ugh.. Not sure about that one either. Lol!

March 22nd, 2013, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's too funny! I just came back from eating eggplant parm....had it last weekend too! Never heard of that before, but it's really funny!!! I hope I have some more time!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search