Vbac hopefuls?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 3 Post By Kennydra
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By kimberley
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By AngieLMG
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By *Anya*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering if anyone here is hoping for/ planning a vbac for this pregnancy. I thought it might be nice to have a thread for encouragement.
March 22nd, 2013, 11:17 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was, ha ha ha ha!!!!

My OB thought it was looking like I was a great candidate- minus the whole placenta issue. She even said yesterday, "Darn, 5 lbs blah blah oz... that would have been perfect size for a VBAC."

I'll send all my spontaneous labor, no side exits vibes to all the remaining VBACers instead!
Purple_cat likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still on the fence. I'm not an ideal candidate, but I haven't made up my mind. I have had two c-sections, no vaginal births, and my last c-section was 22 months ago and it was a difficult surgery. As far as I know, I have healed completely, but the fact that it was a difficult surgery (because he was breech with hydrocephaly and he was stuck - they had to reach up all the way inside to free his head) worries me a little. But they were still able to maintain the low transverse incision, so VBAC is technically still an option.

I read that VBAC is more successful when the mother has had only one c-section and has had a previous vaginal birth, so there are two strikes against me right there. I'm also overweight (5'7 and started the pregnancy around 190), and according to what I read, VBAC is more successful when the mother isn't overweight.

However, I have reason to believe my body is progressing on its own a lot better than it did with my first (I didn't really have much chance to progress on my own with #2 because he was delivered at 37 weeks). I had kind of written off the idea of trying for a VBAC (and most of my friends and family think I shouldn't even consider it), but I'm on the fence again because things just feel like they're moving along better than before. (And I lost my plug... TMI? - I know labor could still be a ways off, but it at least indicates something is happening that didn't happen before.) I'm also feeling more pressure and I'm definitely having more contractions than I did with #1. All those things make me wonder if maybe I could do it. I really don't want to go through labor and a c-section again, though. One or the other, please! So I'm stumped. I should have my first cervical check on Tuesday, so I guess I'll just wait and see what's really happening.
Purple_cat likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing all of you ladies hoping for a VBAC lots of luck!!

Sneetch just wanted to let you know I have a friend who had a successful VBA2C! She had 2 c sections and then got her VBAC with her 3rd baby and I should add that she is now pregnant with her 4th and going for another VBAC and this is her 4th baby in 4 years (her oldest will be 4 in June and I also believe he was over 10lbs). So while I know everyone is different, just wanted to give you some hope that it can and has been done!
*Anya*, Sneetch and Purple_cat like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennydra View Post

Sneetch just wanted to let you know I have a friend who had a successful VBA2C! She had 2 c sections and then got her VBAC with her 3rd baby and I should add that she is now pregnant with her 4th and going for another VBAC and this is her 4th baby in 4 years (her oldest will be 4 in June and I also believe he was over 10lbs). So while I know everyone is different, just wanted to give you some hope that it can and has been done!
That's the kind of story I need to hear!
Purple_cat likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me me me! I'm very hopeful. I've had one section, no vaginals. I'm excited for labor even if it turns out to be a section. My section was 6 years ago, low transverse, I am of normal weight so I'm a good candidate. The reason for the section was due to mammoth baby, and so far this one looks smaller!

Can't waaaaaait!
Purple_cat likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck ladies!!! I'm routing for you all who want one. I hope you all get the birth you want!!
Purple_cat likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Veteran
Good luck to those of you who are!! It's a brave, commendable thing! I'm totally rooting for you guys!!
Purple_cat likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely hopeful for all of you! Good luck!
Purple_cat likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Also rooting for you guys! I have many friends that have had VBACs, read some stories and seen videos of natural births after several c-sections. One recently blew my mind, the woman had 4 sections and then went on to have 6 vaginal births! it's truly amazing what a woman's body is capable of
Purple_cat likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I am... Up to my due date. I carry a lot of emotional baggage from my bodies failure to go into labour(induced at 41.5w) and its failure at induction(only gained only 1 cm during 17 hours).

If it doesn't look like i will go into labour on my own then section it is.

I do want the experience badly of a vaginal birth though
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
March 22nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am still a VBAC hopeful! Hoping this baby decides to come on her own here soon so I can avoid the "plan b"

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

March 23rd, 2013, 12:22 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So this facebook page/ blog I follow had a VBAC support day a few days ago and posted a ton of amazing VBAC birth stories. Thought I'd share some with you ladies, hope I'm not spamming....

VBAC: “I’M NOT BROKEN!!!”

A 42 Week, 10 lb VBAC Baby after a Previous Cesarean due to Breech

HBA4C: Homebirth After Four Cesareans!
hkystar likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search