Maybe its not RLS?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im at the end of my rope ladies. This has got to be something besides restless leg syndrome. Any thoughts?

I hate complaining about it but I don't know what else to do. I literally got 20 minutes of sleep last night and Im not even currently trying to sleep but its already started. Nothing is helping it anymore. I've tried stretching, calcium, hot baths, massages. I don't know what else to do. I know I talked to Anya about some natural things to help sleep but I haven't been able to get to them yet.

It's more than just my legs. It's into my feet, arms, hands and lower back. Im afraid that if it keeps going like this I will not get any quality sleep which will catch up to me during labor. :'(

I left the house once today to go to the post office which is a 5 minute trip and I honestly don't even think I should have been driving, I feel so cloudy.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Excited first time mommy!
Are you staying hydrated?
March 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Yes, I believe so anyways. I don't normally drink enough water but in my last pregnancy I started false labor from being dehydrated so Im pretty strict on the ware this time. I try to stay at 1/2- 3/4 of a gallon. Downing a big glass of ice chips and water used to help it to but that has since gone out the window.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds miserable! I wish I had a good suggestion, but I don't. I truly hope you can find some relief soon.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Really crazy idea, and im not so sure how this is going to sound, but does applying pressure help? I have had a few nights that I couldn't get to sleep because of some tingling/pain, and it really helped when DF snuggled me really tight, almost laying on top of me (as much as that is possible with me on my side, and being so pregnant...)

March 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just thinking here...have you had iron levels checked? That can be another contributing factor to RLS. Don't know if it would help, but you could try taking iron supplements and see if it helps.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
In the beginning when it was just my legs I could squeeze them and it would help. Ice packs did too but is like Im immune to it now. DH is home right now and even if he was he is out an snoring within 3 seconds of hitting the bed, lol.

I'm trying to find a reason for it all and I can't. I had half a cup of coffee at 10am, that the only caffeine I've had all day. I've been taking my vitamins and supplements, all my blood test are coming back find so Im not missing any of the 'common' things.

I've mentioned the RLS to my OB but Im think at my appt Monday Im going to drill him on what else it could be.

March 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you talked with your doc/mw about it? I'd want to make sure that it isn't something medically troubling and if it's normal, maybe it's time for a non-natural solution, aka DRUGS! (I don't know if there are any, but it'd be worth it for more than 20 minutes sleep in my book.)

March 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Just thinking here...have you had iron levels checked? That can be another contributing factor to RLS. Don't know if it would help, but you could try taking iron supplements and see if it helps.
My iron levels were low with DD and I had to supplement then but this time they keep telling me they are fine so I haven't taken any. I might start it just to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
Have you talked with your doc/mw about it? I'd want to make sure that it isn't something medically troubling and if it's normal, maybe it's time for a non-natural solution, aka DRUGS! (I don't know if there are any, but it'd be worth it for more than 20 minutes sleep in my book.)
I have mentioned the RLS and told him that I had started a calcium supplement at the suggestion of a nurse friend. He basically said other than that and doing the stretches, heat, ect there wasn't much they could do. :/

March 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyspocket View Post
i have mentioned the rls and told him that i had started a calcium supplement at the suggestion of a nurse friend. He basically said other than that and doing the stretches, heat, ect there wasn't much they could do. :/

booooo!
MommysPocket likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, that's terrible. Seems like more than RLS to me if it's in other places. Dr isn't concerned? What about Tylenol before bed?

March 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd ask for a blood panel, check your liver enzyme levels, stomach biles, and get checked for anemia. You need a break lady
March 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear it can be pretty severe for some people. I can't imagine. Can you try to just start naturally increasing iron to see if that helps...more meat...?
March 22nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
I know they pulled my iron levels at this last appointment so Ill make sure to ask what they are on Monday. I don't really eat red meat so I've been trying to get it from other places but am going to start a supplement either way, just need to make sure I don't over do it with my other vitamins.

I had my appointment last Monday and it just started getting this bad on Wednesday with yesterday being the worse so I haven't told Dr. About it all yet.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
what exactly are your symptoms?
March 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
The best way to describe it is involuntary movement with pain. I can try to keep my legs still but its painful and just kind of radiates until I have to move/bounce/squeeze it or something. So its easier to just keep it moving but to try and do that with your whole body and sleep is impossible. Eventually my muscles get tight which cause the movement to hurt more.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:29 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any ideas but that sounds miserable. I am thinking about you and hoping that you can find some relief soon. I also agree with the other ladies that it would be good to talk to your doctor about it again since it sounds like more than RLS.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:33 PM
that sounds miserable I hope you can get some answers.
March 22nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry, that sounds terrible. I had a lot of trouble too. I don't know if you are experiencing RLS, it might be something else.

I found this website, by a man that suffered severely from it. He swears that it is caused by inflammation (which doctors don't ever mention, maybe it's debatable, I don't know). He strongly suggests eating foods that are natural anti- inflammatory. Like...walnuts (as I mentioned in another post). I tried it, and it worked like magic!!!!!! Of course, I ate probably 2-3 oz a day for the first few days and it was completely gone. Now I eat about 1 oz a day, and it hasn't come back.

www rlcure com

Good luck.
MommysPocket likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry, that sounds terrible. I had a lot of trouble too. I don't know if you are experiencing RLS, it might be something else.

I found this website, by a man that suffered severely from it. He swears that it is caused by inflammation (which doctors don't ever mention, maybe it's debatable, I don't know). He strongly suggests eating foods that are natural anti- inflammatory. Like...walnuts (as I mentioned in another post). I tried it, and it worked like magic!!!!!! Of course, I ate probably 2-3 oz a day for the first few days and it was completely gone. Now I eat about 1 oz a day, and it hasn't come back.

www rlcure com

Good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search