How are the babies and mommies of our DDC doing?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 7 Post By bananamagic
  • 4 Post By utexas10
  • 5 Post By MsRK
  • 5 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 3 Post By kitt

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know a few people have had their babies already and I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. How is the LO? How are you doing as you adjust to having a newborn around?
MommysPocket likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Veteran
We are here and doing great. After a couple really rough nights Colton is now sleeping a little more at night so able to get a couple hours sleep at a time. He sleeps a lot during the day. He is eating well and had his first Dr visit today. He lost a little weight but nothing that isn't normal. Our family is getting used to Colton and he is getting used to us. There is no greater feeling in the world than holding him and looking into his eyes. He is the sweetest baby and I am so happy he is finally here. I am recovering from the c section. Just have one spot near edge of incision that really hurts still every time I move or sneeze or something - yikes!! Otherwise everything is going great. I am lurking waiting to hear about everyone else's babies. It seems wierd to be kind of in transition, waiting to share baby stuff with everyone. Good luck to all of you getting ready to meet your little ones!!!
kitt, *Anya*, blueeyes25s and 4 others like this.

March 25th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Super Mommy
We are doing good. She is gaining weight. Unfortunately she is not a great sleeper at night. She makes a lot of noise unless I put her on my chest. Then she sleeps really peacefully but it isnt exactly comfortable for me. She is also eating every 2-2.5 hours so there are no long stretches of time for me to sleep. however, even with all of that, I am loving being a mom.
March 25th, 2013, 10:53 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Miss Cat!!

Life with Darion has so far been going very well. We've settled into a good groove and I usually only wake DH up once per night (if at all) so he is able to get good sleep during the night so that he isn't a zombie at work. When I start working again we will change up that pattern but for now its a good solution.

I've got all of darion's cries deciphered and that makes things a lot easier. He had his first check up today and he is doing very well. He is back to 7lbs 11oz like he was at birth. (When we left the hospital he was down to 7lbs 1oz) He is such a beautiful and sweet baby that everyone always ohhs and ahhs over him and all of his hair and comments on how good he is. He is still just the sweetest baby and isn't fussy or the like so again, we feel that we have lucked out. He is already rolling over when we place him on his belly for tummy time and always grips his bottle when DH feeds him, or he grabs his pacifier to hold it in when he is using it. Its so funny.

Tomorrow, 3/26, is the last full day that my parents will be here with me. I am going to miss them when they go back home. They have been such a blessing and have helped me jump that first hurdle of bringing home a baby for the first time. But DH's parents arrive from Sweden on 4/7 so that will be great!

Here are a few more pics of my funny baby..

Darion with my brother in law (Sister's husband)

kitt, *Anya*, MommysPocket and 2 others like this.
March 26th, 2013, 02:04 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loving these updates! Thanks for sharing!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 26th, 2013, 03:23 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Loving these updates! Thanks for sharing!
Yes, me too!
March 26th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Adorable! Glad everyone is doing well !
March 26th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!!

March 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
We are doing well

Baby girl isn't latching very well to the boob so I'm pumping every 3 hours and bottle feeding her ... it's exhausting but at least she's getting the BM instead of formula. We have an appointment with the Ped shortly to check her weight. Hoping she tips the scale at 6lbs this time lol

As for me, I'm doing well. I had a a tiny tear and 2 stitches that are sore ... a lot of my water weight has gone down thank God, I'm still nervous to step on the scale though lol.
kitt, *Anya*, blueeyes25s and 2 others like this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad all of you are doing well! Don't be afraid to post baby topics though! I'm sure all of us would love to see pictures/hear about first/ and see what we have to look forward to!!
jen747, nikki-pie and linds2012 like this.
March 26th, 2013, 04:22 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran
We are doing great, Evy sleeps a lot. We have only had one rough night and that was of course a night my husband was working so I was up all night, but otherwise we have had to wake her up to eat (because she wasn't eating much, so wanted her to get some food) or she wakes up every 3-4 hours. She is such a good baby and my kids adore her, sometimes maybe too much, lol! We are working on getting her to be awake more during the day, I don't remember my other kids sleeping this much, literally all day, very few wake up moments, but it's getting better. Overall, I'm so much in love all over again. Oh, and I'm feeling great since delivery, so much better then when I was pregnant, I have had no problems with my stent since I have delivered and am getting my surgery scheduled soon. Heeling has been pretty good since delivery. I will post some pics of Evy soon.

March 27th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Gorjess
I know I've been MIA lately. It's hard getting adjusted with having 5 kids' now.
Emma is doing great! I know this sounds terrible, but her cry is slightly irritating to me, and I do my best to keep her from crying because then I end up crying because I become frustrated. DH got no time off work so I see him at most 3-4 hours a day before he's in bed and resting for the following day's work. He is only getting 1 day off a week and I'm just so tired!

Emma is BF like a champ and it makes me feel so good that after my last attempt, I've been able to actually stick through it. She does get formula too, but right now she's mainly boob. Sometimes she'll latch for 30 minutes on each side and still be hungry, I've tried soothing her with a pacifier but no go, so she'll have an ounce or 2 of formula. It's easier to feed her from the left boob, because for some reason it hurts on the right side. I've tried adjusting and re-latching, but it just doesn't work, and I even saw a LC at her first appt and she said that Emma is latching perfectly, and she doesn't understand why it hurts (only for the first 30 seconds or so) then there's no pain. She's up every 2 hours and I've only had one night where she was up every hour, and would only sleep if I was holding her. Separation anxiety already?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search