Today's appointment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today's appointment seemed a little less dramatic than the last few I have had...thank goodness! They did have to recheck my bloodpressure because it was high but lowered a bit by the 2nd check. I had my GBS and then the Dr. checked my cervix. I'm a little surprised that my cervix is still closed and high, leading me to wonder if this little booger is going to slow to make his arrival. I am only 35 weeks 2 days, so I didn't really expect much in the way of dilation. Dr does want me to do another 24 hour urine sample that I will begin tomorrow...bluh! So far there hasn't been any protein but she's just using precaution. She also mentioned I didn't need bedrest right now, so I am hoping to do a little more around the house and some walking!

The major plus is that I've only gained 25lbs this pregnancy, I gained almost 50 with my 1st and 3rd babies. Too bad I started out overweight but hopefully I'll be able to start working some of it off after baby is born. I would've hated to gain 50lbs on top of the weight I had already gained.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment! I'm with you on the weight gain. Ive done well this pregnancy. My daughter I gained A TON. I'm feeling SO much better to have kept it in check this time

March 25th, 2013, 04:09 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it was a better appointment! I'm with you on the weight gain too...I gained way too much last time.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be much happier about the weight gain had I not started out heavier than normal. So, why it's lower, I'm still weighing right at (actually a few pounds more) than I did when I delivered each time. I am however thankful that I didn't go on to gain 50lbs on top of that weight...that would be so depressing to me!
nameetog likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
March 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately I'm with you here too. I am about the same weight I was at the end with my daughter, not quite but pretty close : / I WILL loose it all this time though!

March 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appointment. I am glad it was less dramatic.
March 26th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad your appointment went well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search