appointment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mama3o

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I took my little guys with me for my appointment and shot, since I am on spring break. Well' I am 35 weeks and the dr. told me next week she'd do the group b strep culture. When I got there they decided they'd do it today, since I am 35 weeks and 4 days. They also told me I didn't have to have another shot if I didn't want to. Well, I am too nervous. I asked for the last one next Monday. Apparently, some women go on to deliver as soon as they miss their shot. I didn't want to go that early, I would barely be 37 weeks. I'd rather let her cook. So, I'm having my last 17P shot on Monday, 4/1. Which means that the first one I'd miss would be 4/8. I contract quite a bit the day before the shot is due and the day of, so they are leaning toward me delivering right after I miss the shot!

Anyway, it was pretty comical having to get the group b strep thing with my little ones there. My almost 3 year old paid no attention, and my 4 year old was very interested and wanted to know if the doc needed help. He likes to be involved in everything! He's a riot! Anyway, it was a good appointment overall. I'm getting so nervous that it is coming this close!
bellasky likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 05:56 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like baby will be here before we know it! And how cute of your 4 year old to want to help! We considered taking Grace to my last appointment, but she ended up not wanting to go. She probably would have been freaked out by the swab, anyway. She didn't even like it when the doctor was using the doppler on my belly last time we took her.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 26th, 2013, 06:03 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an appt Thursday after my ultrasound for the GBS & probably a check. I got a note from the school saying Thursday was going to be a half day to make up for a recent snow day. At first, I was excited that Brooklyn could come to the ultrasound, but then I thought I do not want her in there for the rest of it! I don't think I have the energy to answer all those questions! Lol. Plus I think she'd be freaked out. DH took the afternoon off & we're going to drive separately so they can leave after the u/s. Sounds like your kids handled it well!

March 26th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They were hysterical...Made me laugh the whole time. I told them my pants were off so she could see my whole belly since my pants cover part of my belly. Kids stayed back by my shoulders, occupied with toys and looking at everything else in the room. It worked out just fine, but I only had a swab, not an exam, so that didn't take too long! DS loved hearing the heartbeat and asked if she could come out, because she was taking too long!
March 26th, 2013, 06:38 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 3 year old DD has been to all of my appointments except a few in the very beginning. I wasn't going to take her to GSB test appointment but forgot about it lol. I just turned her chair around and gave her my phone with a Netflix show playing. :/ She loves going and keeps saying she is going to be a Dr now lol. She also thinks it funny that I have to pee in a cup. I wondered how that would go at home but so far all of our cups have been avoided.

March 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to have my GBS done this week too. I always make my appointments on Fridays because dh doesn't work on fridays. But, we found out this morning that they need him to work on Friday so I'm going to have to find a babysitter. I'm not dragging 4 kids into the room while I have that done. If it was just my daughter or my 3yo, that might be different, but my 7 and 9 yo boys are not coming for THAT.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no...I definitely wouldn't be doing it with the big boys!!!! Maybe they can wait outside the door. I still remember my oldest was 12 when I had my 2nd, and he was at the hospital outside with my parents in the waiting room, but he would come in to check on me occasionally. They had a cervical dilation chart with smile faces on it but as it got closer to 10 cm the faces were angry! Well, I never thought he paid any attention to it, but he wrote a story at school and described me as the 10 on the doctor's wall and that was when he had to leave because I wasn't very happy!!! It is funny what they see and pick up! Big Boys are a no, no at these appointments ! Although I wonder if my son, now almost 16 would be scared of you know what, if he saw a delivery!!!! I couldn't let him see mine, but just a thought!!!!!
March 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I took my daughter to my 32? Week Appt. And holy what a hassle. Chasing her around the waiting room and then trying to prevent her from playing with the slides and tools for pap smears. Ugh. She would have been 14 months old then. We can home with a cervical dilator tool :s
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search