Today's appointment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Clinic was REALLY backed up today, so it took forever. Urine was negative for everything; BP was a little higher today, but still not high. Up 0.8lbs from last week. Fundal height was 34, so still slightly behind, but not terribly so. Fetal HR was in the 130's. GBS results were negative, so that's good.

And I did get to talk with my OB about the scan I had last week due to growth concerns. She said she consulted with MFM because the belly was measuring small. Everything else was looking great--placenta, umbilical dopplers, fluid levels, overall fetal growth, etc. She wanted to know MFM's recommendation for whether or not we needed to do NSTs or further monitoring from here on out due to the belly issue. They said that, all things considered, they would not recommend further testing unless overall fetal growth fell below the 10th percentile, which it isn't. They recommended another growth scan in three weeks if I'm still pregnant, and if she was measuring smaller than the 10th percentile at that point, or there were any other significant concerns (i.e. fluid levels, placenta not looking good, etc), they'd recommend considering an induction, but really, they feel like everything will be just fine. She said the plan is for me to do strict kick counts, and to go in for monitoring if she starts moving less, or doesn't move 4-6 times an hour. And I made appointments for weekly visits for the next three weeks!
Missa_Mae likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 28th, 2013, 11:29 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm.. since everything else pans out okay, then I wouldn't be too worried. She's just petite!

Woo hoo for weekly visits! I did the same thing yesterday! SO CLOSE!
March 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that the appointment went well and your doctor is not concerned about you measuring a little smaller. It sounds like she is healthy in there.
March 28th, 2013, 11:41 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Good appointment. I am finding it hard to believe I only have 1 appointment scheduled after this one, other than the version (which isn't in the office). Yikes!!

March 28th, 2013, 11:55 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Sounds just like my pregnancy with DS. He was born 6lb 15oz at two days overdue. Some babies are just small! I'm also measuring two weeks behind as far as belly goes but his head is so far down in my pelvis and that's what happens. Hope everything turns out just fine!

March 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Sounds like you just got a "li'l bit" on your hands =)

March 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I wish I made it far enough for weekly appointments LOL ... sounds like you have a petite one on your hands Glad everything else went well at your appointment!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search