"I want him out!!"

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By ashley22pa
  • 1 Post By CrochetingMama
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 2 Post By mama3o

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
This was my brilliant comment I made at the doctor's office today, right before I turned into an emotional teary eyed mess. I am at the point of being done, emotionally (physically I am ok). Had my NST and after leaving me there for 45 minutes, the NP came in and said baby was not reactive. So they made me drink water and eat a small donut and left me for another 30 minutes, during which time baby moved twice. NP wanted more action but was happy we got that. So then we talked about my BP which was 140's/90's. Too high but no protein in my urine. And my belly size which is 39 weeks. Everything was wrong today and guess what we are going to do about it: NOTHING. So why do I waste entire mornings being told my baby is not as reactive as they would like, my BP is too high and my belly is too big. For what?? So I can cry and stress and worry?? I just want this over. I'm ready. (I know baby's not, but I am)
Also, I'm not dilated at all, baby is high and NP made a strange comment when she was wrist deep into my vagina "You didn't deliver vaginally did you?" When I told her I did, she was surprised. I could not bring myself to ask her why....I just couldn't deal with any other issues today...
March 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Oh, geez!! Is this the same OB that you don't like? Can you set up the rest of the appointments with the one you liked when you were at the hospital or wherever a couple of weeks ago?

I'm sorry you're going through this! It does seem odd to me that they are not that concerned about him being non-reactive. Usually that involves even longer monitoring. And I know when my blood pressure was high at the end last time (in your range and, at times, a little higher), that's when they started pushing for induction because they couldn't find a cause for it. I think I know the cause - hot weather, and I hate the heat!! Anyhow, I can imagine how frustrated you are at this point, and that certainly is no way to treat a patient.
plastikmom likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 11:00 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I'm so sorry. I know you've had to deal with a lot with baby not moving much. Here's to hoping you feel better and baby arrives soon so you don't have to worry anymore!
plastikmom likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

March 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Ugh =( I'd like to slap your OB and associated staff. Sorry you're going through this. you do NOT need the stress.
plastikmom likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Oh, geez!! Is this the same OB that you don't like? Can you set up the rest of the appointments with the one you liked when you were at the hospital or wherever a couple of weeks ago?
I actually saw the NP today. At this practice I get who I get, especially since its hard for me to coordinate appointment times with my work schedule. It sucks, and they are the only practice in town. Don't get me wrong, I like most of them, I am just frustrated that they are able to tell me what's wrong, but there are no plans on what to do about it.
Also, I should add, the NP made a big deal to tell me that my primary OB is on call this weekend....ok, does she think I might need her??? And she labeled my check out sheet, "high risk OB". High Risk for what?? That's a scary thought.
Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.
March 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this. My daughter was exactly like this at the end. I went in several times a week for weeks for monitoring. She always just barely passed the BPP coming right down to the wire to do everything and she never looked great on the monitors. She was always just flat, no real reactive heart rate with movements. It was so ****** stressful. I left there every time wondering what would happen, what are we waiting for etc but she is perfectly healthy. I know this doesn't help your situation right now. I just wanted to say I have been in a similar situation and I can understand why you would be so stressed out. UGH! When is your next appointment??
plastikmom likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so stressful, I can totally understand wanting him out to make sure everything is okay. I am thinking about you, when is your next appointment?
plastikmom likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry! It definitely sounds stressful. How often are you going for monitoring?
plastikmom likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 29th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man! I don't blame you for being ready to be done. I wish I had some comforting words. Hang in there, Mama!
plastikmom likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this. Remember if you are not happy or comfortable go back in...see someone who you are comfortable with. Tell them how you feel. I would call and go back in on Monday. Maybe someone else can reassure you instead of make you feel like crap. I am so sorry!
Sneetch and plastikmom like this.
March 29th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone. My next appointment is in one week, next Friday. Since they had no plan or instructions for me, my BP plan is to avoid all salty foods and rest as much as possible and see if that helps. I am going to ask on Monday if I can work half days all week and try to relax more. I am hoping this might help me feel baby move more as well. My BP does come down when I lay on my left side. Tonight I noticed my ankles were really swollen so DH took my BP and it was 150/98. I laid down on my left side for 30 minutes and it came down it 132/88. I was happy with that. The only thing that confuses me is that I don't spend my life laying on my left side, so does my daily elevated BP (even though it is not pre-e) have an effect on baby? And if yes, then what do I do about it. I feel like my OB office has no answers.
Next Friday, if I am still measuring so large I am going to ask for an US and hopefully get an idea of how big baby is and make sure my fluid amount is normal. If my BP is better with resting more, I will ask then to put me out of work. I am hoping that if I relax more, I might notice baby movements more, hopefully I am missing all the subtle ones because I am always on the go! I feel better having a plan. I am not going in there to hear about problems again without having a solution/plan to deal with them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search