Witching Hour ...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By bananamagic
  • 1 Post By rverrone11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
So this baby has what I like to call a Witching Hour ... last night she was up from midnight to 3am - wide awake and fine in my arms but once I put her down she was fussy. I fed her, changed her, burped her, rocked her - nothing helped ...

Finally around 3am she passed out and slept until 7:30!

I was way too tired to pump at 3 so I pumped at 7:30 and I got 9oz lol ... my boobs were HUGE

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

March 30th, 2013, 08:37 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a rough witching hour. My son's was between 6-9 and he still gets cuckoo around then. I'm curious to see if this one follows the same schedule as on the inside, in which case it's going to be awake and nutso like ALL day until 10!

March 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grace's was around 5-7pm when she was a newborn. Seems like that kind of went away when she reached about 3 months...or at least it got better. Luckily during the night she *usually* slept a lot (other than waking up to eat).
nameetog likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those witching hours are rough! My first had a terrible time from around 3-5 right before my husband came home every day and then she would suddenly be in a much better mood while I was kind of an exhausted emotional mess.

She was also a terrible sleeper and that really wore on my over time. Are you able to get some sleep when she does during the day? That is the only way that I managed.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats a terrible time for that to happen. UGH! My kids were always right about dinner time. It always created total chaos and made for a miserable meal time. It was much better by 3 months though

March 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so hoping for a morning baby! That is when she is most active so I'm crossing my fingers! Hoping your little one starts getting good rest soon
March 30th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Veteran
I think my baby and your baby have been talking as mine is up at the same time usually from 11-2am. It is rough and I am constantly getting up and down as he will quiet for about 15 minutes and I will doze off and then no sooner fall asleep and he is up. I have been trying to switch his time earlier but so far not happening.
Missa_Mae likes this.

March 30th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both my girls were from about 6pm-10pm. I couldn't sit down with them....had to be up walking around. Babies usually have some kind of "witching hour" until at least 6 weeks.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search