Bein induced on monday april 1st.....

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By *Anya*
  • 5 Post By MapleGranola
  • 2 Post By MaineBean
  • 2 Post By mama_katie91

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
So i had my ob appt Thursday March 28, everything went good they said baby weighed about 7lbs...omg is that big??? had my first 3d ultrasound which was awesome! Then the following day i get a call from the hospital to pre register. Me i didn't think Mich of it just thought it was for my due date. April 8th. Then I get a call From the doctor's office saying that I was being induced on Monday April first and i was like no one told me i was going to be induced. That's something i think they would have mentioned at my appt but guess not. Not sure why they didn't. But i told my df his dad an his dads gf an my mom they all said to do it. On April 1st ill be 39 weeks. I'm a bit nervous about getting induced..like what's going to happen is it more painful or does it take longer? I have no medical problems nor does baby...has anyone ever Been induced can u give me a heads up on what might happen or what its like..
March 30th, 2013, 01:29 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
why exactly are you being induced? Yes it's more painful, can take a really long time and your chances of ending up in a c-section go up by 50%. If there is no medical need I'd decline and wait for nature to do it's thing.
March 30th, 2013, 01:30 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
If there is no medical reason for you or baby to be induced then honestly I wouldn't be showing up at that appt. 39 weeks isn't even the duration of a standard pregnancy. You also stated in another post that your doctor said your due date might be April 18 making baby not 39 weeks but actually premature at this point.
Inductions are meant to be used when something is wrong with mom or baby not when mom is "tired of being pregnant" or in your case for no reason at all. Inductions also take much longer, your contractions are considerably more painful and they increase your chance of c section considerably. There's more to this story that either you aren't sharing or your doctor is keeping from you.

March 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At the very least, I'd be asking why they felt like an induction was necessary. Ideally, it would be better to let things happen on their own. Yes, an induction is more painful, and as others have said, it's not something you really want to do unless there's a medical reason. Good luck!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 30th, 2013, 03:06 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the other gals about induction, and 7 lbs isn't big. I know plenty of gals that have given birth vaginally to 9-10 lbs babies.

If your body isn't ready, an induction is going to go nowhere fast and then you'll end up with a c/s. Why is your family pressuring you to go in? I always say that our bodies are smarter than us- when it knows baby is ready (or you get some actual medical reason for an induction) our body will respond. If you have had no signs of labor, I don't see why you'd go in on Monday. I had an induction last pregnancy at 41w5d and my body simply wasn't ready, so after 36+ hours, I had only made it to 4 cm. My placenta was failing, I had low fluid, and my son wasn't tolerating induction, so we did a c/s. But even then, it was an open discussion with the doc, not just a "we're doing this now."

I'd push back to know what their reasoning is.
~AmazedByYou~ and 11eleven like this.

March 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Uh yeah that makes no sense. That's something a doctor discusses with his patient. I'm now over 40 weeks and have turned down 2 inductions. It's so much more painful than a regular birth and last time I thought I was literally going to die even though I was given an epidural. That just really makes no sense whatsoever...
March 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone....i felt a bit iffy about the whole thing. I think i will wait for when baby is ready to come on her own. I am a bit tired of being pregnant at this point but who.isn't, i don't wanna risk any complications or making things more painful then needed. Plus i really wanna have her vaginally not through a c-section.
March 30th, 2013, 06:57 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I've had 2 inductions - one late baby and one early baby. I was fine with the late induction, and she ended up being my easiest labor, but I always have to have pitocin, even when I go into labor on my own, because I don't progress on my own. Anyhow, my early induction was my worst labor ever. Neither she nor I were ready, but it was done because of my high blood pressure. There is absolutely no reason to do an induction prior to going past the due date if there are no medical issues with either mom or baby.

March 31st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Ya I've seen stories that some induced pregnancies with no problems went good and I've seen some that ended up in c sections or complications more pains and took longer. Maybe it depends on the woman and how her body works. I been having my bh a lot lately and yesterday they were so uncomfortable an felt like baby was trying to stretch her legs straight upwards into my ribs. It feels like she's ready to come out but idk.
April 2nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks ladies for the all tips, advice and concern. I ended up just getting induced Sunday on Easter and had my baby girl the next day at 5:08 pm. Everything went great no problems or anything. Had a healthy baby I'm super nervous about being a new mom. I don't know much about babies and taking care of them. I hope i get the hang of this
April 2nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Glad it went well!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Mommy :)
Congrats it went well

GL with your new baby! Can't wait to read birth story

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
April 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that it went well. Congratulations!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search