~~ April Chit-Chat ~~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've gotten a lot done this weekend, and I feel like other than keeping up with housework, we're pretty much set at home (though if I think about it, there are ALWAYS more things that I can think of that could/should be done). Now if I can just make it through this week at work and make some progress in getting things wrapped up, then I'll feel like I can relax.
mama3o likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are plugging away at that last min stuff too. I (well, hubby) had to move around a couple chairs to make room for the pack n play downstairs. I need it down here, it has a changer on it too and with the recovery from my section I like to come downstairs for the day and not go back up till it's time for bed. That required a little rearranging of furniture here and there. I still need to get the rest of the cosleeper out and get that all in place but hubby can put it in place while I'm in the hospital. I need to install the carseat but I've gotten it out of the box and read all the directions and such. It'll just take me a min. I finished up 3 more freezer meals and I have 1 left... My parents just brought the kids back. I missed them but it was a lovely weekend of quiet. We even managed a date night at our fav but not often gotten to upscale restaurant. As soon as the seat is installed we are officially baby ready, everything we NEED BEFORE is done really
ThaiSpice likes this.

April 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Well, little man didn't come last night so now he has to hold off till at least Thursday. Truthfully, I'd be okay with waiting till the following week also, but we shall see.

New picture in progress......
April 7th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My ds party was this weekend. I'm glad I made it. Now we will see. Dr tomorrow. I'm hoping they can check to see if anything is starting! My ds real bday is this thurs. so I am hoping not to deliver on that day! I'm still not ready but no more shots for me.
April 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am starting to worry that I am going to be pregnant until 42 weeks again. I don't feel ANY signs of anything happening. I didn't mind being pregnant until 42 weeks last time and the only reason that I care this time is because I really want to have a vbac and I think my chances are better the sooner baby comes at this point because she will be a little smaller. I will not get induced though, so I guess only time will tell!
April 7th, 2013, 10:12 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
I am starting to worry that I am going to be pregnant until 42 weeks again. I don't feel ANY signs of anything happening. I didn't mind being pregnant until 42 weeks last time and the only reason that I care this time is because I really want to have a vbac and I think my chances are better the sooner baby comes at this point because she will be a little smaller. I will not get induced though, so I guess only time will tell!
You know, I have a friend that has 3 kids, one born on due date, one a few days late and the 3rd was 17 days late. They were all about the same size, just over 8lbs. So I don't think that late necessarily means big. I hope that's not the case for you anyways. Rooting for a VBAC!
April 8th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm routing for you VBAC to!!

April 8th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I hope you get that VBAC! I wouldn't worry too much about being late meaning bigger. My latest one (41 weeks, 5 days) was also my smallest. My earliest one (38 weeks, 6 days) was my biggest. There's not necessarily a ton of rhyme or reason to it. I actually think my first one was a fluke on size because my other girls were all within 2 ounces of each other.

April 8th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting caught up on laundry around here and packing my bag today. Carseat is installed. Hospital called and I am all preregistered and have my preop all scheduled. I STILL need to get the rest of the cosleeper together and that is it I believe. I'll hit up the grocery this week so there is food for the kids and putter around the house make sure everything is clean and picked up etc. Almost babytime!!
ThaiSpice likes this.

April 8th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Monday...

I'm dragging today. Slept on the couch most of the night due to heartburn and needing to be propped up. So...didn't get much sleep at all. Sure did not want to get up this morning!

April 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh how I hate days like that. I hope it's fairly productive for ya even though you are dragging. You still have stuff to tie up at work yes?? I forget are you working till you go into labor?

April 8th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I feel like i got the flu... I wanna curl up in a hole and die. Just my luck to get this at 39+5 ugh
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
April 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
^Maybe it's labor starting?

Just got a call that my youngest has pink eye and has to be picked up from day care. Sent hubby to do that, but now I am going to have to take off tomorrow since she can't be back for 24 hours. Not really in my plans...

April 8th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
Oh how I hate days like that. I hope it's fairly productive for ya even though you are dragging. You still have stuff to tie up at work yes?? I forget are you working till you go into labor?
Yes and yes...I have some annual evals to get done today and tomorrow, and then Wednesday & Thursday I have planned to do some training inservices with the staff. And then just in general making sure everything is in order and all my projects are wrapped up. I'm definitely planning to work up until labor. With Grace I had decided (because I hated my job at the time, and I was miserable) that I would start my maternity leave about a week before my due date, and Grace came the day before I had planned to start my leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirlbird View Post
I feel like i got the flu... I wanna curl up in a hole and die. Just my luck to get this at 39+5 ugh
Oh no...definitely not fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
^Maybe it's labor starting?

Just got a call that my youngest has pink eye and has to be picked up from day care. Sent hubby to do that, but now I am going to have to take off tomorrow since she can't be back for 24 hours. Not really in my plans...
Blah...so irritating! And pink eye is no fun, either!

April 9th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I think I'm even more tired today. I slept fine until 2am...woke up to pee, and could never go back to sleep. I had cramps/backache, and a bunch of random contractions...just annoying enough to keep me awake. And I remember someone here saying that their BH contractions sort of caused tightening in the chest making it harder to breathe...I never had that with Grace, but lately that's how my BH contractions are. So, I layed in bed until about 4, and then I gave up and just got out of bed. Feeling better now, other than being tired.

April 9th, 2013, 07:30 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Still pregnant! I'm really comfortable still though. More comfortable now "overdue" than I have been most of the third trimester. Kinda weird.
Baby boy did amazing on his BPP ultrasound yesterday though, and looks great! He had his eyes open and we could see him looking all around, kind of weird!
nameetog likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
I think I'm even more tired today. I slept fine until 2am...woke up to pee, and could never go back to sleep. I had cramps/backache, and a bunch of random contractions...just annoying enough to keep me awake. And I remember someone here saying that their BH contractions sort of caused tightening in the chest making it harder to breathe...I never had that with Grace, but lately that's how my BH contractions are. So, I layed in bed until about 4, and then I gave up and just got out of bed. Feeling better now, other than being tired.

I had just about the exact same night! Contractions were waking me up, then I thought maybe I should time them.. nothing. They stopped. Could I get back to sleep? NOPE.
April 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a crummy night of sleep too. It really makes for a crummy day. It is so super nice out today though. The sunshine feels great! I got a bunch of errands done this AM, the kids are eating lunch and we have swim class this afternoon. I have gotten the camera charged and all the pictures off it. I am about to put that cosleeper together - Ive only been talking about that for weeks and pack my bag. I am having quite a few contractions, I figure if I am 100% ready they will stop ; )

April 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Sorry you guys didn't sleep well, either. Here's hoping for some good sleep tonight!

Getting a lot of work stuff crossed off the list, so that's good. I feel like I'm in nesting mode at home and at work lol.

It was 87 degrees here this afternoon! DH had turned the AC on. Rain again the next couple of days, with severe storms possible tomorrow.

April 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was really warm here today too. It isn't going to stay but the promise of summer just around the corner sure feels good. I've got flowers coming up all over. LOVE IT! I feel like Ive nested and I'm done. There is still some stuff to do, nothing major but always stuff to do I just don't have it in me : /

Where is Anya been? I'm wondering about her... Maybe baby??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search