~~ April Chit-Chat ~~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really hope that baby decides to come on out like now would be good!!
LeedaRenee likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 08:29 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysPocket View Post
Baby has hiccups which is the most movement I've felt at once all day so that's kind of nice. Everyone keeps telling me this sudden decrease in movements means labor is near but I don't have any other signs so its kind of irritating....
not to join the annoying choir or anything, but I had no signs of impending labor until water broke lol. And like I said on fb the day before labor she was very quite, I actually had to lay down a few times through out the day and poke around at my belly to get some movements.
MommysPocket likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had every sign of labor coming on...contractions that WERE regular, decreased movement for 2 days, upset stomach, loss of mucous plug, and now....NOTHING! I think she's staying! Good thing is I made it to 39 weeks today, only 34 weeks the last time! I'll take that as a blessing, and the other blessing is that she has to come out eventually!
April 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't decide. Is it better to start screening calls/texts/messages to avoid the 'how are you feeling? Is baby here yet?' Question. Or start becoming more sarcastic than normal?

And seriously some of the worst ones are other pregnant people or new moms!!

April 18th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am getting a lot of that too.. But, oh well, I just answer it honestly... I feel good most of the time and clearly she's not ready! (I am though! )
April 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I've been getting (from mom and grandma) how concerned they are that I'm still pregnant. They feel that because I'm so small (4'9) that it's not good for baby to still be in. It's so frustrating and stressful hearing them tell me things that they think will happen (bad things to the baby). I cried a lot day before yesterday and I think that's what brought on some of my contractions.

April 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasky View Post
I've been getting (from mom and grandma) how concerned they are that I'm still pregnant. They feel that because I'm so small (4'9) that it's not good for baby to still be in. It's so frustrating and stressful hearing them tell me things that they think will happen (bad things to the baby). I cried a lot day before yesterday and I think that's what brought on some of my contractions.
It is terrible that you are going through this. I am gong through it too with my MIL. It never occurred to me that it might be because I am short. My MIL is constantly on my case to schedule a c/s already because obviously that is going to happen anyway since the baby is obviously too big now. She also thinks it is almost criminal to let women go past 40 weeks pregnant. I don't think she appreciates how lucky she is that her babies came a few days early and shot out like rockets with no complications.

Hang in there! Your baby will come when your baby and your body are ready.
Missa_Mae likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't you love that people think they know best for you!!!

On the other hand...think I may be going stir crazy today! I ate too much..it's not really nice out, so I don't feel like going outside. As soon as I walk, I have to pee. And I am not tired...my house is spotless right now...AHHHH!!!
April 18th, 2013, 10:27 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Little man has been awake for 5 straight hours. He's not cranky or fussy which is great but all he wants is to be attached to my boobs and won't sleep. Hoping he just passes out soon.

April 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband just emailed me and asked if he could take tomorrow off and take my daughter and I to the zoo for the day. My daughter loves the zoo but I haven't been taking her for awhile because I can't keep up with her if she takes off and if she gets tired I can't carry her back to the car. It made my heart melt that my husband wants to take us. Of course it is supposed to be pouring rain, but I think it would be nice to go and all the walking would be good for me.
April 18th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
have a great time!! I want to do some walking... It's just been crappy weather, so I haven't been able to and I can't go to the mall because I feel like spending too much money! Have fun though!
April 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD AND I just walked 2.5 miles around town. Half way thru it started raining. :/ But there is a sub division between our house and where we were walking so I couldn't cut back to the house, lol.

April 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Keep on walking! I am hoping to get out to the lake/park near our home tomorrow in the am...we will see if I can start things up if i walk early!!! My dh said, I just hope it's not on the weekend! I looked at him and said if she comes on the weekend you will suck it up and live with it!!!! He would rather her be born during the week, so he could take time off work!!! (I'd rather too, but I'd rather the baby be out to be honest! )
MommysPocket likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
My husband just emailed me and asked if he could take tomorrow off and take my daughter and I to the zoo for the day. My daughter loves the zoo but I haven't been taking her for awhile because I can't keep up with her if she takes off and if she gets tired I can't carry her back to the car. It made my heart melt that my husband wants to take us. Of course it is supposed to be pouring rain, but I think it would be nice to go and all the walking would be good for me.
That's very sweet of him!

Hope all of the walking you guys are doing will pay off!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 18th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You are a nicer person than I because I would loose my temper over that ridiculousness. WHAT do they think they are accomplishing and WHY on earth would they say such a thing. I'm not even sort of joking when I say I would be putting a stop to that ASAP and telling them to keep their comments to themselves it is shear stupidity

April 19th, 2013, 09:38 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I am feeling so much better today! Not only is whatever it was that was making me feel sick gone, but my mom arrived in the area last night. She is in another town visiting with some of our family until tomorrow but she is now only about an hour away if I go into full blown labor before she comes the rest of the way here so I'm not as worried about going into labor and her not being able to get here in time.

On the other hand, my boobs are killing me again. lol

April 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
You are a nicer person than I because I would loose my temper over that ridiculousness. WHAT do they think they are accomplishing and WHY on earth would they say such a thing. I'm not even sort of joking when I say I would be putting a stop to that ASAP and telling them to keep their comments to themselves it is shear stupidity
I let my mom know that I couldn't take anymore comments about it. She's been walking on eggshells ever since.
LeedaRenee and MommysPocket like this.

April 19th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennBer View Post
I am feeling so much better today! Not only is whatever it was that was making me feel sick gone, but my mom arrived in the area last night. She is in another town visiting with some of our family until tomorrow but she is now only about an hour away if I go into full blown labor before she comes the rest of the way here so I'm not as worried about going into labor and her not being able to get here in time.

On the other hand, my boobs are killing me again. lol
Glad you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasky View Post

I let my mom know that I couldn't take anymore comments about it. She's been walking on eggshells ever since.
Good for you for speaking up! Hopefully the baby will come soon so that it won't be an issue anymore.

Grace's daycare had family picnic day today, and we all went to eat lunch with her. So that was fun! And the sunshine is beautiful today! It's a little chilly, but the weekend looks nice. It was near 90 earlier this week.

April 19th, 2013, 10:08 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I walked yesterday to try and induce labor. It must have really aggravated my sciatica because I am in agony. It's only when I sit or bend down/over. If I'm standing and laying down on my side, it's ok. It's never been this bad.
April 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Oh that's miserable. I had it pretty bad with my first. Hope you get some relief!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search