~~ April Chit-Chat ~~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 02:24 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an appointment this morning that went well and then we went to the playground which was nice. Now I am hoping for nap time.

I am in this weird phase where my interest in keeping the house clean is very high, but my interest in doing the work required to actually clean the house is very low. So far the laziness is winning. I keep telling myself "If I go into labor tonight/ tomorrow will I wish that I had cleaned the house or that I had sat down to rest when I could?"
*Anya*, Sneetch, HalfDozen and 2 others like this.
April 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
I am in this weird phase where my interest in keeping the house clean is very high, but my interest in doing the work required to actually clean the house is very low. So far the laziness is winning. I keep telling myself "If I go into labor tonight/ tomorrow will I wish that I had cleaned the house or that I had sat down to rest when I could?"
lol that's been me for the past 2 weeks, then finally yesterday something snapped and I cleaned. It feels soooo good knowing that's done. Now if this kid procrastinates and isn't here for 2 more weeks we'll be back to square one haha. I kept telling myself that I can clean in early labor to distract myself, but then I also didn't want to exhaust myself. It's quite the dilemma! lol.
April 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
I had an appointment this morning that went well and then we went to the playground which was nice. Now I am hoping for nap time.

Sounds like a nice day! I'm with you on the cleaning thing, too. I've run out of steam, but still have things I need/want to do.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mommy :)
My day is okay. I feel blah today though almost like I'm going to start my period blaaaah.

Waiting until 6 to pick up my daughter from cheer practice.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
April 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
It's quite around here, I wonder if a bunch of people are off having babies lol.
April 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
I wish -.-

April 1st, 2013, 10:37 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
Gardened today. Fixed ribs for dinner, and left overs from yesterday. Helped dh clean the garage. Still have lots of laundry to do. same ole stuff lol

April 1st, 2013, 10:56 PM
I've been watching Kitchen nightmares on netflix, Gordon Ramsey cracks me up, I'd like to be his friend lol.
April 2nd, 2013, 01:16 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Massive energy surge at 3 a.m. Go from sleeping to wide awake. Why not? not like I have anything better to do...like..you know....SLEEP! /grumble*****grumble

April 2nd, 2013, 04:27 AM
Not cool.

I've been super exhausted the past few days. I made myself work out last night hoping that it would give me some energy.

April 2nd, 2013, 04:34 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I've been wide awake since 4 am. People tell you to sleep before the baby gets here, however that's easier said than done with you're tossing and turning because your're so uncomfortable!

Thanks MrsBlack2006 for my siggy!

April 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
At least once you have the kid, you fall asleep when you can out of sheer exhaustion?

April 2nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you on not sleeping. I am WIDE awake at 3 AM for no great reason at all. It makes for an exhausting day. I'm totally running out of steam, my poor kiddos are getting bored with me lazing about : / I am also in the I need to have this house spotless but I have less than zero interest in actually DOING anything to make it spotless mood. Two more weeks over here, I've GOT to power through

April 2nd, 2013, 06:31 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
I'm with you on not sleeping. I am WIDE awake at 3 AM for no great reason at all. It makes for an exhausting day. I'm totally running out of steam, my poor kiddos are getting bored with me lazing about : / I am also in the I need to have this house spotless but I have less than zero interest in actually DOING anything to make it spotless mood. Two more weeks over here, I've GOT to power through
My Monster has been on a Red Riding Hood kick, so I am lucky in the fact that I can lay on the couch and just pretend to be the 'grandmudder/woof'. I get poked and prodded, but I can deal with it if it means I don't even have to sit up.

I so did not want to come to work today. Part of me thought "What's the point? I'm just going to be so uncomfortable I'm going to end up going home." And sure enough, between the cervical shredding and 'gonna-start-my-period-any-second' menstrual cramps... I just wanna go home! LOL

April 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrochetingMama View Post
My Monster has been on a Red Riding Hood kick, so I am lucky in the fact that I can lay on the couch and just pretend to be the 'grandmudder/woof'. I get poked and prodded, but I can deal with it if it means I don't even have to sit up.

I so did not want to come to work today. Part of me thought "What's the point? I'm just going to be so uncomfortable I'm going to end up going home." And sure enough, between the cervical shredding and 'gonna-start-my-period-any-second' menstrual cramps... I just wanna go home! LOL
LOL at the red riding hood thing.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
LOL at the red riding hood thing.
She wants the story every day, at least twice a day -.- Then she carries around her easter basket now and tells me she brought me "lots of good things to eat to help you get over your turrible flu, grandmudder" and pops open the plastic eggs to give me pretend food. Heh.
HalfDozen likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
LOL. Grace has a red riding hood costume, but I don't think she knows/has heard the story yet. But that's definitely the kind of thing she'd be into.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
LOL. Grace has a red riding hood costume, but I don't think she knows/has heard the story yet. But that's definitely the kind of thing she'd be into.
It was one of those interactive books that was onsale one day in Amazon for Kindle. I thought 'eh, why not' and by day two I thought "oh god, why?!" Haha

April 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the Red Rising Hood play! So cute. Bonus on being able to get some downtime/rest in!! How are you feeling? Has your day gotten better?

April 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
I love the Red Rising Hood play! So cute. Bonus on being able to get some downtime/rest in!! How are you feeling? Has your day gotten better?
Meh, not really. Contractions about seven minutes apart at the moment. I timed them for like 45 minutes and then decided to stop, lol. But I did order donatos, so...you know...chicken wings and cheesy bread!

Oh, I got good news =) Dr called and my platelet levels have went from 66k to 70k! I'm supposed to continue w/ the iron suppliment and vitamin K intake.

Anyone else have the feeling that as much slow build-up trouble as George has been giving me, when she finally does decide to make her appearance it's gonna be a mad dash for the hospital to get there in time?

I've had two separate people tease me about giving birth in a bathroom because I'm too stubborn to go to the hospital until its too late.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search