~~ April Chit-Chat ~~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good news about the platelets!

Quote:
Anyone else have the feeling that as much slow build-up trouble as George has been giving me, when she finally does decide to make her appearance it's gonna be a mad dash for the hospital to get there in time?
Yeah, I can totally see that happening LOL...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 2nd, 2013, 08:20 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I refuse to be the girl who posts "Well.. had my kid beside the road..." LOL

My best friend just made me promise to tell her when I actually go into labor. What is it with people?! -.- Just because I'm inclined to be a little erm...independent.. doesn't mean I'm not gonna tell anyone! I just don't plan on telling anyone until the next day >.> LOL If I don't tell you until after the kid is here, you have no reason to intrude on my privacy before I'm ready for it
nameetog likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ haha! I'm always telling my husband we will have lots of time..just relax. But I can't help but imagine the total opposite happening.
April 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Tomorrow I'm changing the voicemail on my phone to "No, I have not had the kid yet. Yes, I will let you know when I do. No, I'm not answering the phone because I refuse to get bombarded by progress questions. Loveyoukthanxbai!"

...and my boyfriend is suggesting induction stuff like eggplant parmesan now. I told him only if it was over sketti noodles.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is the problem with a planned section. I kinda wish I didn't have to tell a few certain people WHEN it is. I mean I love my sister I do but she has zero ability to have any kind of boundaries (along with a few other family members). With my son I had to tell her I would refuse to call her if she didn't stop hounding me, NO you aren't coming in the room. She was waiting in the waiting room before I was out of surgery and I hadn't even gone into recovery yet. I have point blank said this time I'm asking nurses to send people away so don't bother because it IS a locked unit yanno. It makes me angry that I can't be the one to decide when and who and how many people come parading into my room. MY family, MY decision. UGH. I really just want the ability to have my kids meet their sibling and oh IDK maybe get like the catheter out and or have a shower or something before I have to entertain people

April 2nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Well, I had 2 people tell me this morning that I look tired and like I am done! I didn't feel tired at the time, but now it's wearing on me. Thanks for the uplifting thoughts!! All I know is I have no plans of ANYTHING happening until at least Thursday. Maybe if I didn't have yet another sick kid at home, I could get a little shut-eye.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
That is the problem with a planned section. I kinda wish I didn't have to tell a few certain people WHEN it is. I mean I love my sister I do but she has zero ability to have any kind of boundaries (along with a few other family members). With my son I had to tell her I would refuse to call her if she didn't stop hounding me, NO you aren't coming in the room. She was waiting in the waiting room before I was out of surgery and I hadn't even gone into recovery yet. I have point blank said this time I'm asking nurses to send people away so don't bother because it IS a locked unit yanno. It makes me angry that I can't be the one to decide when and who and how many people come parading into my room. MY family, MY decision. UGH. I really just want the ability to have my kids meet their sibling and oh IDK maybe get like the catheter out and or have a shower or something before I have to entertain people
I'm glad you are able to have the nurses send people away. That is ridiculous that they can't consider basic things like "oh, she just had major abdominal surgery AND has a freshly baked baby. Maybe we should give her a few minutes before we're all over her like white on rice!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
Well, I had 2 people tell me this morning that I look tired and like I am done! I didn't feel tired at the time, but now it's wearing on me. Thanks for the uplifting thoughts!! All I know is I have no plans of ANYTHING happening until at least Thursday. Maybe if I didn't have yet another sick kid at home, I could get a little shut-eye.
People suck -.- Hope the kiddo gets better soon!

April 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
...so my boyfriend gets this reply from his boss about the time he's taking for paternity leave. Basically his boss is telling him that 'hey, policy says paternity leave doesn't start until she's in the hospital having the baby'. Now, the policy SUCKS but I can see the reasoning for it, and it does make sense. He also says "you can take the (highlighted portion) off, but you would need to use vacation time instead (Unspoken: unless she actually does go into labor on one of those days) " So, boyfriend replies back arguing that that doesn't make sense, and THEN forwards me the email his boss sent him, basically saying he thought his boss was full of crap, but was just checking in case he was missing something.

Wish he would have forwarded me the email before the reply to his boss - because even though his boss might be an idiot, he was quoting a policy that made somewhat regrettable sense.

::

Oh, and also...my boyfriend is under the impression that because I had Monster on her due date, there's a strong chance I will have George on her due date. O.o I was like "Uhm...no...sweetie...Lils was a rare one. Chances of that happening again are pretty darn slim."

Last edited by CrochetingMama; April 2nd, 2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: to add
April 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope she feels better soon! I hate when people start telling you that you look done and wow, you look tired etc. Yeah, the end of pregnancy isn't fun sometimes telling me how tired I look is not helpful.

I love the voicemail idea! Totally do it ; )

April 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
That whole issue bugs me. I would never presume that it was ok to waltz into someones room while they're in labor or recovering from delivery, whether that be vaginal or c-section. I feel like a family should have some space to do their thing first...unless they've specifically said otherwise.
nameetog likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Like I said, I didn't FEEL tired, but now I feel like I SHOULD be tired. Idiots!! Doesn't anyone have a filter? Would you want me to walk up to you and tell you that YOU look tired? And the residents are throwing a little shower for me this afternoon so I actually made MORE of an effort to look a little nice, wore my hair down, etc. Maybe THAT'S what wore me out!!
nameetog likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been telling family that we won't accept visitors until DD has meet baby. We want to have family time before visitor time. The only person we haven't told is MIL and while I'm sure she will listen I just have a feeling it will cause even more problems.
nameetog likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysPocket View Post
We've been telling family that we won't accept visitors until DD has meet baby. We want to have family time before visitor time. The only person we haven't told is MIL and while I'm sure she will listen I just have a feeling it will cause even more problems.
Its stupid that you even have to tell people you want family time before visitor time! You'd think people would have a little bit of common sense!

Both my boyfriend and I would prefer absolutely no visitors at all until we get home from the hospital. I think we've made that pretty clear too. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly and I'll be released within 24 hours of having George. It'll make the "no visitors while in the hospital" thing a bite easier to enforce, too.
MommysPocket and nameetog like this.

April 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's sad you even have to have these conversations I feel like. I mean SERIOUSLY people. I have said several times over if there was no baby involved you wouldn't consider waltzing into my room 2 hours after I had surgery so what makes you thinks this is OK? My sister has actually said, well it is MY niece or nephew. Ummm OK it is Zac and Lillis BROTHER and my CHILD. DUH! Entitled much?

And people wonder why I want to run away from the hospital as soon as possible. I'm trapped in there. At least at home I can walk away when people are bothering me. I can not answer the phone. I am also closer to everyone when I'm in the hospital. I'm 30 mins away at home...

April 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Got home from work, took a hot bath...thought everything was gonna calm down. Laid down on the couch and WHAM! Contraction. *scowl*

My body hates me.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I absolutely would bet you will have a mad rush to get to the hospital. I can't wait to hear the birth story! ; ) How far away are you??

April 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
I absolutely would bet you will have a mad rush to get to the hospital. I can't wait to hear the birth story! ; ) How far away are you??
About 20-25 minutes non rush hour.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always get extremely territorial after giving birth...I don't like anyone to touch my babies...Maybe I'm nuts, but i swear it's not me... I just get real protective!!!
nameetog likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
I was that way, too. My mom kept wanting to take her from me, and it sort of drove me crazy.
mama3o likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who needs this once they are home with the new baby? lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search