~~ April Chit-Chat ~~

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree112Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
^ I have no clue what goes through his head half the time.
HalfDozen likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 06:50 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol I saw that post! started wondering if you were in labor haha.

I really hate that some people (especially pregnant ones!) don't get that sometimes you just don't tell a pregnant woman that she looks huge or whatever gggrrr
HalfDozen likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You look huge, you look tired, are you sure there aren't two in there? You look like you are done, that baby is going to come any min. Yeah, not safe to say around pregnant women. ESPECIALLY random strangers. Thanks. I needed to hear any of that
*Anya*, MommysPocket and HalfDozen like this.

April 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Almost everyone has been telling me I look smaller than I did with DD. well tomorrow Im doing my belly cast (both will have been done on the same day) and Im excited to see the difference. I do feel somewhat smaller but still huge. Maybe I won't end up with another 9lber.

April 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Okay so I'm probably absurdly nervous about this...

When I had Monster, I was never aware of my water breaking. They think it actually broke a couple days before I had her, and therefore had to pump her full of antibiotics. Part of me wonders if some of her problems weren't due to that. That maybe she did get some sort of infection because of my water breaking and me not realizing it.

So I'm super paranoid this time about it happening the same way. When I woke up this morning, the blanket underneath me was a little damp, and I felt a small trickle when I shifted positions...but honestly I've had so much EWCM type discharge lately that it could all be from that. I've tried looking for other signs, like more when I change positions and stuff...but nothing.

I mean...there can't be that big of a chance of my water just doing a slow leak again, right? I'm not having big contractions or anything, so I don't want to go to the hospital. I dunno. -.-

April 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know...mine didn't break on it's own last time. I think a slow trickle is possible, though. I guess the only way to know for sure is to go in and be swabbed or whatever they do to test for amniotic fluid. Or wait and see if you have more leaking today. I know that's not great advice...but that's all I've got!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 5th, 2013, 07:19 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to say the same. Just a little check won't hurt.....?
April 5th, 2013, 07:33 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I'll wait to see if I have any more instances today. If I have even one where I think it might be possible, I'll go to the hospital and get checked out.

April 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good plan
April 5th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Thank goodness for Friday. It's been a busy week, for sure. I had two new employees start this week, so I've been busy getting all of their paperwork and orientation stuff together. I also have a rotation student this month, and this is her first week, so had to get her oriented as well. Also have had a graduate intern training with us this week, and today I am helping out another pharmacist by allowing two of her rotation students to spend some time in our pharmacy to see what we do. SO...lots of new people & training this week, which is both time consuming and a little draining. And then all the other stuff...projects, meetings, trying to get plans finalized for while I'm gone, etc. Whew! Next week doesn't look any less busy. I just keep thinking that if I can make it through next week, I'll be able to relax a little.

April 5th, 2013, 09:24 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
So, I've decided that this baby can either come tomorrow, or he has to wait until at least next Thursday. Think he'll listen??

New picture in progress......
April 5th, 2013, 09:25 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
^Not a chance.

April 5th, 2013, 09:39 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Itchy belly -.-

April 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrochetingMama View Post
^Not a chance.
Lol! He does seem cooperative so far, but you may be pushing your luck.

April 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
oh...my....god..

So I do this absolutely over-the-top obvious joke on FB. I make a cover photo that reads

"I'd like to announce that...
GEORGE
is here*

*By here I mean still with me. In my uterus. She has declared squatters rights. I'll let you know if she's ever successfully evicted.
(Didya read the fine print?Hmm? Did ya?)"

and posted it w/o saying a word.

One of those things that catch you off guard for a split second until you read further on.

Well, apparently my own *mother* can't read further on, because she called me all "I saw your post about George being here!" I had to reply 'and if you'd read the whole thing, you'd have seen it was a joke...'

Wow. I didn't think it'd actually fool anyone. Seeing as how I make it clear as day that its a JOKE!

April 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
LOL Funny that she fell for it!

Sort of along those lines (though I was not making a joke...) I sent DH a text the other day that started with, "Are you ready for..." and all he saw was the "are you ready" part at the top of his screen, because he was watching something on Netflix at the moment. He thought I was texting to ask if he was ready for the baby/ready to be a dad again/ready to go to the hospital...basically he thought I was implying that it was time to go to the hospital and have the baby. Uh...no! He got all excited and everything. LOL! I think he's just SO anxious for her to get here.

April 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
LOL Funny that she fell for it!

Sort of along those lines (though I was not making a joke...) I sent DH a text the other day that started with, "Are you ready for..." and all he saw was the "are you ready" part at the top of his screen, because he was watching something on Netflix at the moment. He thought I was texting to ask if he was ready for the baby/ready to be a dad again/ready to go to the hospital...basically he thought I was implying that it was time to go to the hospital and have the baby. Uh...no! He got all excited and everything. LOL! I think he's just SO anxious for her to get here.
ROFL! My SO is still all anxious about it. Its like chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllll llllllllllll.

April 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I think my DH is ready for our LO to get here as well. We were sitting around at lunch talking with his dad and brother, they were going to take one of the twins back to their bio mom(I only had one this week since I am trying to get some one on one time with each of them before baby comes and it was easier to get the rest doc told me to get with just one of them instead of both) and I said something about how I was going to go in and lay down for a little while because I'm so tired today. His response was, 'Or you could go jog around the block' then gives me this look. I just roll my eyes at him.

April 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
LOL. These guys are funny.

April 5th, 2013, 03:58 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Went and watched the Evil Dead remake. I still don't know what I think. O.o Rare that a horror movie leaves you like that. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search