Treats for the nurses/ staff when you go into labor

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else planning to bring cookies or muffins for the nurses and staff when they go into labor?

Last time we brought bakery cookies for the nurses on the labor and delivery floor and for the nurses on the maternity floor. It seemed like a nice thing to do because we really appreciated all their help.

I was just wondering if anyone else was planning on doing this and if so, what you are bringing.
alyssabeth2685 likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
We didn't plan on bringing any treats/snack for the nurses but we did leave behind all the donuts that people brought us - and the nurses were very thankful for them

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never thought of it! Good idea. That's really thoughtful.
April 1st, 2013, 02:43 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really decided. We didn't do anything for DD nurses, but then again I wouldn't have wanted to because we had a bad experience with almost every nurse, lol. We have a new bakery in town, maybe Ill have DH bring a box when he gets back the next morning.

April 1st, 2013, 02:57 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't made a plan, but I've thought about it!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know. I didn't enjoy any of the nurses last time at our hospital 6 years ago. At the time our maternity floor was known for snooty nurses. But Im sure things have changed.
April 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I already got two bags of Lindt truffles & put them in my hospital bag. Last time, I sent DH out & he bought boxes of chocolates.

April 1st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Veteran
DH bought 2 boxes of chocolates. I didn't do anything for my other kids but I was there much longer this time.

April 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well I'm planning a home birth so I figured I should feed the birth team, so far I plan to make them a lasagna, and depending on how intense labor is by the time I'm done with that I might make a desert.
April 1st, 2013, 06:27 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Ditto ^ though I'm not making a lasagna. My birth team is welcome to whatever food is in my house. We are planning on baking a birthday cake during early labor, so we can all enjoy that once baby boy has arrived.
*Anya* likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 06:32 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I dont think I will bring anything with me, but we will definitely leave something by the time we leave, or else go back a week later to deliver something. Im not sure which hospital I will be returning to, but since baby girl has a club foot, we will be having a lot of hospital visits in her first 3 months. Lots of time to say thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
Ditto ^ though I'm not making a lasagna. My birth team is welcome to whatever food is in my house. We are planning on baking a birthday cake during early labor, so we can all enjoy that once baby boy has arrived.
I LOVE the idea of a birthday cake!!!!!! (I might ask my mom to bake one though... lol)

April 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM
Super Mommy
I attached a little bag of candy to my birth plan that I gave to each nurse. We also had my In-laws bring munchkins and we had Godiva chocolates in our room for ppl to help themselves. All the staff was super appreciative!!
April 1st, 2013, 09:46 PM
alyssabeth2685's Avatar Veteran
I hadnt with my other two but this time Im going to bring some sees. My friend works in L&d... she says they like getting treats its a nice gesture

April 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
I love that! Now I want to make a cake too lol
April 2nd, 2013, 03:39 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was thinking about this. I'm a nurse and work in a doctor's office and a lot of the time people bring us treats and its really sweet and thoughtful. It makes you feel like you are really appreciated. One patient is a couponer that uses her coupons to get lots of freebies and she brings us things like laundry detergent and shampoo. Its really cute and her way of saying thank you! I'm not sure what I will bring, maybe cookies, and I really like the birthday theme idea. The other thing we love to get are those edible fruit arrangements, so maybe I will order one of those for the staff as well.
April 2nd, 2013, 05:34 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Maybe I'll tell my boyfriend he should bake some muffins for them. He likes doing that sorta crap.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard that the nurses like getting healthy stuff too, like fresh fruit. We might make a tray of fresh fruit to bring.

We made an early birthday cake this morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search