Birth Control

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 1 Post By Mommyof2with1onway
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By kimberley
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By redfishbluefish
  • 1 Post By Twirlbird
  • 1 Post By bananamagic
  • 3 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By linds2012
  • 1 Post By utexas10
  • 1 Post By JoyInDC
  • 2 Post By sarahlorrain
  • 1 Post By JennBer
  • 2 Post By plastikmom
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I know this was a topic before but my OB asked me about it at my last appointment and I'm trying to think of what I want to do...

I don't want anymore kids till LO is out of diapers!
I don't want the pill or the Depo shot ( Depo made me sick the pill I would forget)
I know some are doing the natural way I don't think that would work for me

So, her and I talked about the ones that go inside your vagina like Mirania... Which sounds ok but I always see those commercials about how certain ones are bad and cause problems

There is also the one that goes into the arm

And she said there is a new one they are learning about

I was thinking a vaginal one or the arm one!

April 1st, 2013, 01:44 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to use condoms until we are 100% sure and then DH will get the surgery. I have friends who have gotten the non-hormone IUD and liked it.

I remember after my daughter was born a zillion people asked me about birth control. It seemed like every single doctor or nurse asked us about it, so much that we started to get a complex.
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the mirena iud for a year after I had Isaac. I really liked the iud and enjoyed not having to remember a pill every day. I eventually had to have it removed because my body doesn't like birthcontrol (specifically hormonal bc). I spent the past 4 years bleeding and or spotting almost constantly, it's disgusting and annoying. This isn't a normal symptom of the iud, just my bodies reaction to it. Six months in the doctor put me on bc pills, so I had both the iud and the pill and STILL had constant bleeding and spotting. So finally he decided he wasn't happy and that my body wasn't liking the iud and he removed it.

I have literally been on almost all forms of birth control and always have the spotting. As soon as I am off, the spotting goes away. So this time hubby is "supposed" to get a vasectomy. I keep offering to get a tubal since I will already be there at the hospital, but he doesn't want me to have to be the one. I haven't decided what to do until he gets the vasectomy. I figured he would do it while I am pregnant, but he wanted to wait and make sure we have a healthy baby before doing it.

There is another iud (not sure of the name) that is copper and doesn't have any hormones in it. It may be something you would like, especially if you know you don't want another until baby is out of diapers.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
April 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Mommy :)
I am not sure what I'm doing yet either. Pills is what got me in this situation so that's a no. I had problems the entire time with my mirena iud and had to have it removed bc it had turned diagonal inside of me. I spotted everyday with it also.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
April 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ill get the Mirena again. I've had 2. Never have I had an issue and I LOVE not ever getting my period for the whole time I have it. I have had a very positive experience on it and have gotten pregnant immediately after having it removed (intentionally) twice so Mirena again it is
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NFP. I don't want anything hormonal. Once we decide for sure that we're done, DH will get a vasectomy.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Condoms!
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really need to figure this out! I know my dh isn't getting a vasectomy and he hates condoms, so we will see!
HalfDozen likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
No vasectomy for my SO haha 23 we are still going to have at least one more but I want to wait till Lilly is out of diapers first! Condoms can get expensive I'm thinking Mirana to try

April 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Veteran
We are going to do condoms until we are sure we are done as well and then DH will get a vasectomy. They've worked fine for us (pregnant second try with first DS and first try this time around so we seem pretty fertile). We buy them at BJs so they are cheaper ha ha.
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 04:35 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Either the Morena or Paraguard IUD. I suck at remembering pills and Doofus sucks at remembering condoms(his fault we are having #2 so soon). We want at least 2 more kids so vasectomy isn't an option yet.

I would love to do FAM but i think it would be better to wait til I'm not constantly exhausted and can actually do all the steps
Cortney6983 likes this.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
April 1st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran
I'm not much help here as I had a tubal during my c section only since I know we are done and was already there and it ended up costing less than DH going in. Altho part of me wished he had to do something....
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
No clue. Hubby keeps asking if I have to have a c-section, if I can just go somewhere else since they'll be in there anyhow. The hospital I deliver at is Catholic so tubals are not an option. I told him I've gone through this 5 times, and if he wants something done, he can do something about it. I could see us having "just one more", but we shall see.....

April 2nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
I plan on taking the pill again! It's worked great for us for 7 years, and I got pregnant right away after coming off of them!
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Super Mommy
the pill.
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
I don't want to do the pill. It makes me sick. Plus, I was on the pill when we got pregnant this time around. I will prolly get a prescription for the pill just in case but condoms for now until my Dh decides to buck up and get the vasectomy. I don't want to do a tubal.
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Condoms. I'm not a huge fan, but they work; only 1 out of 5 babies was a surprise while using them. I can't use hormonal birth control and I don't want an IUD.
linds2012 and Cortney6983 like this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure yet. I don't want an IUD, but I suck at remembering to take pills, and I won't do the depo shot. I wanted to do NFP but my cycle is soooo irregular because of the PCOS I don't know how that will work. I will probably end up on the pill though. I will have to discuss it with doc soon I guess.
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
You girls are not going to believe what my mom said to me about this: We were talking about us having one more after this baby and if we decide not to, DH agreed he will get a vasectomy. Well my mom told me she didn't think that was a good idea because DH is so young (he's almost 8 years younger then me:27). She said I should do the surgery since I am older and won't be having more kids but you never know what the future will bring and he may want more children in the future...*** mom??? Really?? That's what I get for even discussing this with my mom....
So the bottom line, we have no clue what we will do for birth control until we decide if we are done or not.....I am not doing hormones and DH hates condoms. So either NFP which I want to do or no sex..... I think I might win!!
HalfDozen and Cortney6983 like this.
April 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow...what a thing for your mother to say!
plastikmom and HalfDozen like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search