Tuesday Two

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By CrochetingMama
  • 1 Post By nameetog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your two favorite baby items for this baby (either new or hand-me-downs from a previous baby)?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 2nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think probably my ring sling because I know it will gain me the ability to be on the go with the big kids. That is not new. There are a bunch of outfits from my son I can't wait to see on him being used again. Fun memories! I do have a couple new swaddle blankets I am kinda loving too

April 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mommy :)
An owl quilt that was made for him and his coming home outfit

Really more but that'll be one of the first things we use!

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
April 2nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Angel Care Monitor and the cozy blue blanket I crocheted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
I think probably my ring sling because I know it will gain me the ability to be on the go with the big kids. That is not new. There are a bunch of outfits from my son I can't wait to see on him being used again. Fun memories! I do have a couple new swaddle blankets I am kinda loving too
Okay...ring sling. Those are not for women with ..ahem...overflowing cups... true or false?

I'm worried I'd get one and smother the kid without realizing it.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going home outfit (hope it fits)
April 2nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrochetingMama View Post
Okay...ring sling. Those are not for women with ..ahem...overflowing cups... true or false?

I'm worried I'd get one and smother the kid without realizing it.
I have pretty big boobs and wore my daughter in it just fine, your baby when very little should be pretty high up on your chest (rule of thumb with any carrier any age is, close enough to kiss, unless they are on your back for course lol) you might want to look into upright carries instead of cradle carry.

I'm also super excited about my carrier stash which has grown in the last few months
and this shirt haha, love it!
MommysPocket and Purple_cat like this.
April 2nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I have pretty big boobs and wore my daughter in it just fine, your baby when very little should be pretty high up on your chest (rule of thumb with any carrier any age is, close enough to kiss, unless they are on your back for course lol) you might want to look into upright carries instead of cradle carry.

I'm also super excited about my carrier stash which has grown in the last few months
and this shirt haha, love it!
We have a Beco Butterfly 2 - but it looks like it'll be maybe more for an extended outside walk sort of deal the more i look at it. I don't wanna deal with all the fabric of a moby yet though. Ring slings also, I think, worry me because I'm afraid of not fastening it right and it coming undone and the baby falling out or something.
jen747 likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
I didn't love my ring sling, but mostly because it hurt my shoulder. I don't think I ever really got the positioning right. I love my Beco Butterfly 2, but I can't really see how nursing would work well in it. We mostly used it when out & about/while shopping, etc. I'm curious to see how the Moby will be this time around...I'm hoping to use that one at home in the beginning, and hoping she can/will nurse & sleep well in it, so that I can have hands free for Grace.

Oh...and to answer my own question:

I guess I would say a pink crocheted blanket that my grandmother made her, and the swing.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
So far I would have to say the outfit is will be coming home in (hopefully it will fit). I'm not real sure what my second fav thing would be. Partly because so much of what I 'have' I don't actually have yet. It's all bought and ready to come this way(my mom is bringing it with her when she comes)

April 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do feel like there is a bit of a learning curve with the sling but I found it by far the easiest carrier after I took a little time to learn it. It is fast to put on and get the right fit so to speak and it is small enough to fit in a bag easily. I am also not lacking in the boobage and I never had an issue. Like Anya said you want them higher then you might think.

I LOVE that shirt Anya. LOVE IT. HA!!
*Anya* likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Moby wrap and the hedgehog Scenty Buddy.

We loved our Moby the first time around and Im super excited to use it again. I love the closeness and the ease of wearing baby. And the hedgehog Scenty buddy is so stinking cute! He fit in perfect with our nursery decorations and is so super soft.

April 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely the swing was a lifesaver last time so I am excited that we bought the same model again. I am also really excited for some of the super cute clothes that I got at the consignment sale. I can't wait to see her in them.
April 2nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My new pack and play from my mom and my new stroller!
April 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
I do feel like there is a bit of a learning curve with the sling but I found it by far the easiest carrier after I took a little time to learn it. It is fast to put on and get the right fit so to speak and it is small enough to fit in a bag easily. I am also not lacking in the boobage and I never had an issue. Like Anya said you want them higher then you might think.

I LOVE that shirt Anya. LOVE IT. HA!!
I did like that about the ring sling...that it was easy to put on, and easy to fit it in a bag, etc. I think I just never got the positioning quite right. I did find it the other day, so who knows...maybe I'll give it a try again this time around. I think DH used it (around the house) more than I did last time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search