Freak out mode!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 5 Post By Sneetch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so we just moved to the area we are in at the end of May beginning of June last year. My brother moved in with us in October and has been here since. It was a temporary thing, and I knew that. I felt comfortable knowing that I had someone so close to watch our boys when I go into labor. All our family lives anywhere from 2-3hrs away and I know they will be coming this direction when I say it's time....Well this morning my brother who was supposed to be going to work comes down stairs and tell me he's resigned and is heading back down to our mom and dad's because he has a job lined up down there and will eventually be getting his own place. I am selfishly livid and completely freaking out! My last labor was only about 4hrs long once my water broke! I can't necessarily sit around and wait for family to get here, especially if my group B comes back positive as it has for the last two.

We have been going to a church the past 6 months, but don't really know anyone that could come over at any hour of the night to be with the boys. I am fighting back tears because I literally have no idea what we will do now! It was much nicer knowing that this wasn't an issue....now suddenly it is.

Mommy to 4 boys
April 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Oh wow..that would suck! Have you looked at care.com for emergency babysitters available in your area? You generally have to pay more, but there are ones who are available to watch at any time and you can view their qualifications and stuff.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man...I can see why you would be freaking out! Sorry that this is one more thing to cause you stress. I really hope you can come up with a good solution! How soon is he moving/starting the new job?

Honestly, finding someone to watch Grace is the one thing I'm sort of freaking out about, too. My mom and sister are both in town, but my mom can't watch Grace by herself, and my sister is working and in school, and depending on the timing, she might not be available. Jon's mom is not working and could watch Grace, BUT...she lives 9 hours away. She said she'll head up here as soon as she can once she knows I'm in labor, but again, depending on the timing of it all, she may not make it in time. During the day, Grace can be at daycare (although someone has to pick her up by 6pm), but if something were to happen during the night, that would be another story.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you can figure something out!
April 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Veteran
could your mum come and stay with you for awhile?
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

April 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I would be freaking out too. I would also be not so secretly mad. You give him a place to stay and he was going to help you out, that is not very fair of him to pull this NOW. I'm sorry this is going on. I hope you find an easy solution

April 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone, I am in the middle of a full blown anxiety attack because of this. I am sure I will get it figured out it's just the uncertainty that is killing me!

My Mom will be heading down as soon as I am in labor, same as my mil, dad and anyone else. Its just hard because you can't exactly judge when the baby is coming. With babies 2&3 we had close friends in the neighborhood that watched them until family arrived.

Ugh! I am a basket case...

Mommy to 4 boys
April 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!! We don't actually know what's going to happen ourselves, and it can be stressful. I had hoped that my oldest would have her license by the time I had the baby, which would, hopefully, solve our daycare issues, if it was during the week. But that doesn't look like it's happening. Our parents are all 12 hours away so they couldn't be here in time. At this point, as much as I don't want it, a scheduled c-section would ensure that someone was here to make sure everyone got where they needed to be.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had a solution. My parents will be gone from the 4-8 so if I go then Ill be scrambling too. I think the whole 'not knowing when' has to be the suckiest part of pregnancy. Do our bodies not know how much easier it would be if there was a set baking time, ugh?!
Mel_Kay likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That would be stressful! Does your husband have any work friends he would trust? I bet your church acquaintances would be more than happy to be on call, too, even if you don't feel like you know them that well. That's what church families are for, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search