40 week appt

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kimberley
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 2 Post By CrochetingMama
  • 1 Post By bananamagic

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well 40 weeks came and went last Friday so the doc scheduled me for an NST on Monday, sonogram on Tuesday and my 40 week appt today. Monday's NST took 2 hours or so because I started contracting on the monitors. They only got up to about 72, not super painful, but every 5 mins or so. So the nurse checks me to see of it's doing anything and I was still at a 2. Tuesday the sonogram lady told me everything looked great so no worries with my baby <3 yay. She couldn't get a picture though because she said it was to squished in there lol..
Today at my appt, my overly dramatic doctor told me since I'm over 35 and past my due date, the baby's chances of dying in utero have increased by 65%(????) and that she will die really quick(!!!!!!!) and that I needed to schedule an induction and actually show up for it. I told him, "wow if it's that bad, let's go! I'm not busy." And then he backtracks and says well, the L&D are full and he has 2 inductions for the morning and he will be gone Friday, Saturday and Sunday because he has a bar mitzvah to get to blah blah blah.. So I guess it's not too bad if there is no sense of emergency there.
He said we had to do it Monday and I told him there is no way I will be going that long and I guess whoever is on call will be delivering this weekend because I've been waking up with rough contractions the past couple of days and when he checked me I was at 3 cm! Yay! So once I hit active labor from all this contracting it will go super fast. He then sent me for my last NST and again, I was contractin on the monitors every 2-3 mins up to about 67. I figured they would make me stay for another 2 hours to check for change, but the nurse came in 20 minutes after we started and sent me home so I really dot think she was watching, just trying to get it over with. Or maybe they really are full today?? Anyway, Friends have been mentioning eating Chinese food so I went and did that after my appointment and now I feel tons of pressure and (tmi) diarrhea. So hopefully I will go soon!!!
April 3rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you're progressing!

Doc sounds like he's a whackadoodle! But looks like he won't be around!
HalfDozen likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 03:38 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I would have punched your Dr by now, lol. So glad things are picking up! Can't wait for a 'baby is here' post!
Mommyof2with1onway likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
wow...your doc is a freaking drama llama!

Here's hoping all goes well for you =)
linds2012 and HalfDozen like this.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well...at least it sounds like it won't be long!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran
Wow. I don't know how you can put up with that guy! My Dr was ok with me waiting til into my 40th week for c section and never said anything about problems due to my age (and I am much older than 35). Hoping you go into labor and get someone else!!
kitt likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Seriously your doctor would make me have a panic attack! You are so strong to stand up to him like you do! Way to go mama! Fingers crossed that baby will come soon!
April 3rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you speaking up Sounds like baby is on the way without the pitocin good luck!
April 4th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well yesterday had a lot of promise but fizzled out last night :/ I had
Pretty hard contractions mixed with small ones. The big ones were so bad my dh had to rub my tailbone but he massaged me to sleep and I woke up an hour later to nothing going on I'm trying to have faith in my body but it's so hard at this point.
April 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
^ Give up. Just completely give up and resign yourself to baby being in there forever. ... Maybe that'll work? LOL

April 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bahahahaha!!!!!! I've tried that, too lmao!!!
April 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Good luck! I really hope that baby comes this weekend while your moron of a doctor is out of town!!!

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search