Freaking out

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By bellasky
  • 2 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 3 Post By ashley22pa
  • 4 Post By plastikmom
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 4 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By AngieLMG
  • 4 Post By MsRK

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 03:36 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
So I'm beginning to freak out about the labor part. I'm nervous about the pain. Nervous because doctor said she's posterior. Nervous that it will have to be a C-Section or she'll get stuck. AAAAH!
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Babies turn all the time, even in labor. Just because baby was posterior at the appt doesn't mean it hasn't turned 10 times since.
*Anya* and HalfDozen like this.

April 5th, 2013, 03:56 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I'm nervous too! No matter what anyone tells me it still doesn't help because *I* don't know what it feels like or what it'll feel like for *me*, just them. I also don't handle pain well. Just hoping I can handle it until I get my epi-which I will definately be getting unless it's absolutely too late. I think all FTMs are nervous.
MsRK, plastikmom and Cortney6983 like this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

April 5th, 2013, 04:16 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm nervous too, and I've been through it before. I'm not afraid of the pain really, but more of the circumstance. I like to plan, and the unknowns are what make me nervous. I was induced last time, so if I go into labor on my own, I'm sure I'll feel a little freaked out too.

April 5th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had two babies already and I am nervous too. It's just part of it in my opinion. The thing is when the time comes you will do just fine. Honestly!

April 5th, 2013, 04:48 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not a FTM, but I am actually more nervous this time. (I think I was just clueless last time, which may have been a good thing for my anxiety) I just keep telling myself that as long as baby gets here and we are both healthy, who cares how it happens...natural, induction, C-section, ect. I just want a healthy boy and mom and nothing else will matter after I see his little face.
bellasky, MsRK, nameetog and 1 others like this.
April 5th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Ditto! I am sooo nervous for labor and delivery / c section andddd taking care of a newborn! I have not had a Braxton hicks or any time of contraction to know what it would even feel like!

April 5th, 2013, 05:53 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Honestly? Back labor had to be some of the worst pain I've ever experienced. I believe that is from having a posterior baby. If baby doesn't turn by the time you have your induction...thank goodness for epidurals? But babies do turn all the time, so maybe you'll get lucky

April 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure she'll turn, mine was posterior too last appt.
April 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm SO nervous and l've been through it many times before! It's totally normal to feel that way!
April 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally normal to be nervous! Even if you've been through it before, there are so many unknowns. But like someone else said...keep focusing on that healthy baby at the end, and try not to stress too much about how she will get here (I know...easier said than done).

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I was so nervous too ... I do NOT handle pain well at all! However, in the moment its different, your body just reacts. My 1st epi failed & I was feeling everything ... it was horrible, I was shaking, puking, etc. Somehow I got through it ... the 2nd epi worked & the only time I felt pain after was when it was time to push ... by that time Iwas so determined to get her out I just went with it & forgot the pain
bellasky likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pitocin contractions suck way more than labor that starts naturally, so avoid that if you can or if you want to make it easier on yourself. To help turn a sunny side up baby hang out on all 4s, I've been watching tv while leaning over my exercise ball, mop your floors on all 4s etc. Keep your water bag intact, unless your waters break on its own of course, otherwise the longer your water stays intact the more wiggle room the baby has to turn on her own. Try to remain active, your movements will help put baby in better position.
April 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
It's completely normal to be nervous. I have been more nervous with each labor, I think. Honestly, my first was my best because I had no idea what to expect. I'm worse off knowing what's coming sometimes.

And as many others have said, of course baby can flip. I had one that they turned as we delivered because she was face-up. By that point, you won't care!
Tamimomof5 likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Veteran
I had back labor last time. I second the no drugs- it would've made it impossible. As it was, it ended up really not being that bad during, and totally worth it in the end. Don't be nervous. Remember that women have been doing this for all time!! We were MADE to do this- we are stronger and more capable than we, and our doctors, give ourselves credit for.
*Anya* likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I'm a BTDT mom now for this part....
... Since I just went through it and everything is still fresh in my mind I would give you the following advice..

Allow yourself to be nervous.. its ok.. its a MAJOR event that's about to happen. Just don't freak yourself out too much because no matter HOW BAD it is pain wise, you get through it. Just keep telling yourself that through it all.." I can get through this.. I can get through this." That helped keep me sane!!

Don't try to be a hero on the pain meds front.. If you feel like you can't take it ASK FOR an EPI!!! I didn't allow them to give me any of the other pain meds to "take the edge off" until I could get an epi. But WHILE my epi was working it was bliss.. AND I got to sleep more and it calmed me down a lot and even helped my blood pressure lower. You can't beat that!!!

!!!!!AVOID PITOCIN IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!! The contactions from pitocin are SO MUCH worse. I had time to feel my regular contractions and time to experience the ones from pitocin without any pain meds and they are NIGHT and DAY! The pitocin contractions spike so quickly and so sharply.. It didn't take me long after they started pitocin for me to ask for my Epi! My Epi decided to fail unfortunately much later and I got to experience what transition on pitocin is like and let me tell you... I was like "SCREW THAT NO DRUGS BS!!!" *lol* It's great for women who do not need pitocin to say don't use any pain meds, but if you DOOO need pitocin, let yourself be ok with getting the Epi if you feel you need it! (Hell let yourself be ok with the epi even if you don't get pitocin and you feel you need it!) I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on ANYONE, EVER!! I have a high pain tolerance too and I was starting to lose touch with reality towards the end there. That's how bad it was! My mother had to keep snapping me back to keep me lucid!! Being in that state doesn't help you or the baby.

Most women who get an epi don't have a problem with it failing and it makes ALL of the difference. So get your pain meds if YOU feel you need it. NO ONE ELSE'S advice should matter but yours as you know what you CAN and CAN'T take pain wise.

But again.. remember that it doesn't last forever and your body CAN get through it and when that baby gets here suddenly all will be right with the world!!
April 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally agree with Rachel!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search