Introducing......

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By kimberley
  • 1 Post By MsRK

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Hiya!! Sorry for the absence.. it's been an awful few weeks. I have had this upper respiratory/sinus infection crap going on that has had me really ill for over a solid week now. Last Saturday, I was on my way to the doctor to finally get some medications to help me start feeling better and my car was Tboned by a teenager in a suburban who wasn't even looking. Thankfully I was alone, but my car was totaled and I ended up being taken by ambulance to the hospital where they determined I had some significant soft tissue damage in my lower back. Thankfully the baby looked good on the monitors and such.
Monday evening I was feeling odd and got a pain that wouldn't go away which concerned me, I got up to go to the bathroom and pee and my water broke on the toilet. That was 9:30pm and Camden John was born at 12:56am. It was a fast and furious labor.. failed epidural and I felt my symphysis pubis ripping apart which sent me screaming and my blood pressure through the roof. Then, I had a post postpartum hemorrhage. I wouldn't change it for the world because he's here and beautiful and healthy... but I also unfortunately tore UP.. leaving me with a periurethral and a periclitoral tear that needed repair so I'm sore as heck. All that said, we're home and doing fairly well all things considered. Camden was tongue tied and they clipped him in the hospital but my nipples are like raw hamburger so I'm doing the best I can! Sorry for being absent but.. LOL.

Camden John
7lb 4oz
20.5"
4/2/13 12:56am

When my water originally broke (my forebag) the fluid was clear but Camden had meconium stained vernix so who knows how long it'd been like that. He could have passed meconium from all the contractions I had for the last 6 weeks, or from the accident, or anything really. I got to the hospital at 4cm/85/-1 and an hour later I asked to be checked and was 8/100/0 and ten minutes after that I told my nurse to call the OB (who was in the OR with an emergency) because the baby was coming. I was fully dilated and his head was at a +1 station. I pushed for 15 minutes and he was born. the ripping of my pelvis was the most awful and intense pain I've ever experienced in my life. I actually was thinking to myself that I wanted to die. The pain never went away.. it was constant even between contractions and I got no relief. I pushed ridiculously hard hoping that it would provide some relief but it sadly didn't. Thankfully it went quickly or I'm not sure how I would have gotten through it. DH was awesome although he almost fainted when he saw Camden's head because the vernix was stained green and he wasn't at all prepared to see that (DS1 was post dates so had very little vernix and no meconium fluid so he was all clean coming out). Camden likes to party all night and sleep all day which is making me insane but we're getting through it. I am so completely in love with both of my boys I can't imagine my life without them!! <3 thanks for askin about us!!

LeedaRenee, MsRK and Cortney6983 like this.

April 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crazy events! glad you are ok and baby is doing well, he is so cute and I love his wool going home outfit hehe.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
April 6th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Veteran
Goodness! What a crazy series of events. Glad baby is healthy and you are recovering. Congrats!
April 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I'g glad everyone is okay. Hope the soreness subsides for you soon.

Gorgeous boy, he looks like his brother!
April 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That's a whole lot of crazy leading up to one very cute little man! Congrats to everyone!!

April 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow...what a crazy chain of events! So glad he's here and everyone's ok! Congrats mama! LOVE the name! So sorry about the tear and the horrible pain. Hope you are able to heal quickly!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 6th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome baby Camden!! He does look just like his brother huh. Hope he falls into a decent pattern for you soon. Can't wait to meet the little man!

April 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mommy in the Making
I am glad you and he are ok from the accident! Congratulations and I hope you heal quickly!
April 6th, 2013, 01:03 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
and here's a pic of some of the damage to my car Thank God Owen wasn't with me.. he sits right in the seat behind that door

I didn't realize I had side curtain airbags until they were deploying. Been quite an eventful few weeks!

April 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome baby! Congratulations to you. Sorry it was such a difficult time leading up to his birth. That sweet face makes everything better. Hope you heal quickly!
April 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy mercy lady... What a ride!! Well I'm certainly glad that you guys are home and LOOK AT HOW cute he is all bundled up in his car seat!!!!

Congratulations and I hope that your healing time is as brief as possible. I felt that pain for you when you talked about it.. OUCH!
April 6th, 2013, 04:02 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap. Ouch! I'm sorry to hear of the accident, and oh! Just thinking about the pain you endured during delivery makes me want to cry. But I am so happy that you both are ok.

April 6th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I am glad that you were all okay after the crash.
April 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Glad everything is okay and hope your bits recover soon. Congratulations

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search